Hello., 22 year old girl and 1 type 1 diabetes

raquelpvdiab28's profile photo   11/03/2016 10:32 p.m.

Hello.I am 22 years old and I'm going to do a year that I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. And I would like to know different experiences of more people and not feel so lost.

raquelpvdiab28's profile photo
raquelpvdiab28
11/03/2016 10:32 p.m.

Diabética Tipo 1 desde Noviembre de 2015.

Hi @raquelpvdiab28 welcome!
Here you will learn a lot

Marcos_J_M's profile photo
Marcos_J_M
11/03/2016 11:15 p.m.

Marcos - 26 años - Debut a los 14
Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

Hi Raquel Welcome, I am even more yogurt, and here I am learning!
Tell us what you want!

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
11/04/2016 12:52 a.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

Hello !! I am new here too.I am 24 years old, and I also debuted with type 1 diabetes, when I was still 23 years old. I also feel lost, life has changed me completely and I have many complicated moments in my day to day.But well ... for anything we can help each other ... here I am !!

vdg24's profile photo
vdg24
11/04/2016 6:59 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@raquelpvdiab28 and @vdg24 welcome to the forum, I hope we can help you, ask what you need and share what you know !!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
11/04/2016 8:44 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hello.I imagine that if I am not the youngest of this forum at least those who are more, I am 17 years old and the truth of the diabetes is costing me a lot.I have been diabetic for almost four years and sometimes it gives me the feeling that I have not yet become accustomed.
From my short experience I have to tell you that it is hard, quite hard at least for me.Many times I feel misunderstood because I do not know almost anyone with diabetes more or less with my age, and at the couple of people I came to talk to ... well, better or comment.
There are good days and bad days, although I try to get more and more good days.
I encourage you to go here for it, it is worth it.

Nacho_99's profile photo
Nacho_99
11/04/2016 8:48 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@vdg24 The truth that I would be much more lost if my mother had not been diabetic too.But what helped me the most, was talking to a friend who was also diabetic and was sincere with me and felt sorry for me ... so if you need to talk to someone, do not hesitate to count on me. Life changes you completely, andWhoever says no, lies.The worst thing I have is to inject the insulin ...

raquelpvdiab28
11/04/2016 10:48 p.m.

@Nacho_99 I have not got used to pricking insulin yet ... and I feel that I will never get used to it .. and I try to take this whole topic with humor.But it is very good to be able to talk about it, without having to worry about what they think of you, or feel that you are sorry ... I would also like to meet more people of my age more less :)

raquelpvdiab28
11/04/2016 10:52 p.m.

@Fer Thank you very much !!

raquelpvdiab28
11/04/2016 10:54 p.m.

I understand you very well.I have become accustomed to clicking, but there are days when I think I go back, or that I am not learning but lying it ... or I feel tired and overwhelmed ... or it seems to me a bad dream and surreal.We are accustomed to finite things, to diseases that end, and in the end, uf that well, what rest ... this does not have of that ...

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
11/05/2016 12:33 a.m.

Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

Much encouragement @Miexron @raquelpvdiab28 @nacho_99 and @vdg24, it is clear that it is a great task not to say anything else to have debuted with your age but I am sure that one day you will be able to take it moderately well!Meanwhile, force!And do not hesitate to ask in the forum because it is a very good support site, I discovered it almost two years ago and despite having 26 being diabetic, it is rare the day I do not learn something new.A hug for the four and palante !!

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/05/2016 12:42 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Thank you very much @nigiri !!Moderately well it takes.But sometimes it gives the feeling that I'm going to end up fed up with everything because this is not over, haha.It is a task to debut at this age, but huh!That debut as a child ... Joe, I don't want to imagine it either.In the end everything is a whore, the thing is to learn, throw patience, and support us what they love us ... how Bonico has left me :))

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
11/05/2016 10:22 a.m.

I debuted 4 years ago, already very adult.I imagine that for young people it is more difficult.I recommend that you take advantage of the diabetes education of your centers, I did not have it and I missed it, let it!On the day of the diagnosis they sent me to the pharmacy to buy insulins and strips and they told me ... Apa ... pa house!

solaria's profile photo
solaria
11/05/2016 11:06 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

I think @Miexron that is much easier to debut as a child.In my case and as I have said on other occasions, as I do not know another way of life I can not miss a life without diabetes, which would you prefer not to have diabetes?Obviously, but when assuming it being a girl that you are not excessively aware of what happens around you, I think it is better, now, for the Papis, it is terrible, yes.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/05/2016 12:10 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

It is not assumed, nor does anyone get used to why it has to click daily, we simply do it for inertia, it is a routine 24 hours 365 days the same loop.No one gets used to this disease from a newborn, from childhood, adolescence or maturity, there is always the question of and why and why do I suffer from it?There is no choice but to get along with her because, because if you do not do it and die without more because there would be more than 1 to take that alternative, but since not getting along with it, it involves more complications, disorders and concernsFor your closest beings because it does not compensate to take that path.This disease is a daily burden, a few days are maintained and others load you a little more, we only have to compensate that load not to go decompensated.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
11/06/2016 10:53 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Welcome to everyone and surely there will always be someone on the other side even if it is only to talk or vent.And whatever it is therefore asking just as it is important that you contemplate your experiences because it is very important for everyone, every day something new is learned.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/06/2016 12:33 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Thank you very much to everyone !!Of course, in the end you end up taking it as a routine.But there are days that costs more ... and others that cost less, but I suppose like everything ... you have to take it in the best possible way

raquelpvdiab28
11/06/2016 10:44 p.m.

Welcome to all !!I am a diabetic mother, as you can see in my signature.Here we learn a Monton, all of all ...: -H

Enma's profile photo
Enma
11/07/2016 12:24 p.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

Welcome and a lot of encouragement !!!!I am also a girl's mommy.Here you will learn a lot, any questions, emotional downturn, emotional high (because when you get a good hemo you have it) ... here you will always find someone.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
11/07/2016 12:52 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Hello!I am 26 years old and I have 10 with diabetes.When I debuted tb I felt very lost and misunderstood ... but hey, in the end you find yourself, you learn, you know people with diabetes ... and take.There are good and bad times as in everything, and this disease is not easy.I have become accustomed to clicking although once, lately, I think "how it will be to eat hydrates without having to think about how much insulin do I have to put on?"And I get a tremendous unease answering that I will never know ... that then it happens to me ... but it is normal to have such moments, it becomes hard.And it's good to let off steam.Courage to everyone!

I think it gets better if you notice that diabetes does not prevent you from doing what you like.For example, I usually travel as long as I can love it ... And I do not consider changing the plan x diabetes, I adapt, even if I suppose for my more controls.I have traveled alone, and that (at least to me, and if you like it), it makes you feel very good, very valid.
In the end it is to accept it as you can accept that there are bad times and learn to enjoy with diabetes included ...
All the best!

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
11/09/2016 12:02 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.