Vomiting income that did not allow eating anything

Ainhoa's profile photo   01/25/2016 5:27 p.m.

Hello everyone.I write to tell you that my daughter is admitted to the hospital, although she is already much better and surely today or tomorrow we will go home.I tell you because it is good to share experiences and because I feel among friends that we understand each other.
The Saturday morning breakfast and his glycemia were fine, all correct.When eating also previous blood glucose, he calculated his rations, put his bolus, ate and all normal.But at two hours he began to meet badly.He had a hypoglycemia that traced with Diabalance, but hours later he vomited to beast everything he had in his stomach.He kept vomiting several times throughout the afternoon.The bomb maintained it with its usual basal and blood glucose remained well, between 100 and 120, but although I try to take liquids to sorbit and teaspoons there was no shape and the vomites did not cease, so we were watching in case they appeared ketones of fasting and of course, these began to appear and increase, 0.4, 0.9, 1.4.As we saw that the situation we no longer controlled it and it was also fatal (more ketones → more vomiting etc) we went to the hospital, and based on sera and antiemetics the thing was improved, although it cost quite a lot completely eliminated the ketones.We still do not know if everything has been because of a gastroenteritis virus or why digestion stopped, but it must be seen that bad combination are vomiting and diabetes.
Another thing I wanted to tell you is that it was somewhat worried that they took the bomb to control it in the hospital, but it has not been so and that has facilitated things.We increase the basal basal by 20 % more in all sections, to eliminate the ketones and to metabolize the glucosaline serum that they put it, and we were making small corrections when it came out of rank, so it has remained very good ... I thinkthat the pump facilitates the adjustments in case of disease.Already when he has begun to tolerate food, he has put his bowling and adjusting them to what he is eating.Anyway, a bad experience that is already well resolved, but that at home would have been very difficult to solve if not impossible.A hug to everyone and thanks for being;)

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
01/25/2016 5:27 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

You have done very well to take her to the hospital.
My daughter ever came home to put an injection of Primperán for vomiting, but gastroenteritis are a great risk in children with insulin.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/25/2016 5:35 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Ainhoa ​​I'm glad that it is already better, and it is very good that you tell those experiences, because in my case I had not even raised to do in a case of those, or if in the hospital they would take away the bomb.I guess they are things that until they happen you do not consider.
To me with 14 years I spend something similar, I started with vomiting, I was not able to ingest anything and with ketonuria.I ended up admitted a few days with dropper, but also badly remember by theme of gastroinstinal viruses.As you say, it's bad combination

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
01/25/2016 6:08 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

With my daughter we were New Year's eve in abdominal pain, with a diagnosis of or gastroentiritis or appendicitis, we had to wait and see how it evolved.What made us very clear to us that given the appearance of a first vomit and if they continued directly directly, diabetes can be complicated a lot with a vomiting picture.
I'm glad @ainhoa ​​that is better and see if it is fully recovered and they are discharged soon.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
01/25/2016 6:51 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@gemater, @rociollinares, thank you very much>: D <.It is already much better and waiting for the discharge to arrive soon because as well it is bored: P

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
01/25/2016 7:08 p.m.

DT 3

Huy @regina forgot to thank you too your comment hehehe.My daughter was put in emergencies an intravenous medication that told me that it is now used more than primpest.Is called Ondasetron or something like this>: D <

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
01/25/2016 7:16 p.m.

DT 3

Courage those riojanas !!!!!

Monica_LTD's profile photo
Monica_LTD
01/25/2016 9:02 p.m.

www.latiendadeladiabetes.com
info.latiendadeladiabetes@gmail.com

El Libro Blanco de la Diabetes
La diabetes contada por diabéticos

How is your girl Ainhoa?

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
01/28/2016 11:56 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@roar, hallucina with what happened to us.My girl was admitted three days, for the vomites they gave him Ondasetron, and although he did not feel good at all because he was still nauseous, the three days were discharged.They prescribed primpea to take at home for the nausea that continued to have, primpeate before breakfast, food and dinner.This was Wednesday.Tonight, Thursday's. Q began to meet badly, but badly as in life, horrible muscle contractures, tightening teeth, cried with pain- and my daughter is hard as a stone.To all urgencies, and there they have told us that the primpe is frequently producing, on Todk in children, this type of extrapiramidal reactions.They have put an antidote and it is better, now we are in the box, in observation, but it really is to cry ... now that I am looking online to see what punch this has been read that there was already a health alert... I hang a link that I found. Migueljara.com/2013/08/05/care-with-the-medium-prime-prime-child-of-agreal/

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
01/29/2016 2:28 a.m.

DT 3

What a man, what a bad luck! ... is that it is to hallucinate in colors :-(

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
01/29/2016 12:16 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I can't believe it!I hope everything goes much better ...

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
01/29/2016 1:14 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.