Optimal values ​​before sport and check ketone bodies

eriantha's profile photo   01/27/2016 8:54 p.m.

Hello:

These days I have talked to my doctor and also with a well -known diabetic on this subject and because I have obtained different opinions, I wanted to know yours.There are my questions:

1.- Under what value we should not start a sports activity?
2.- Above what value we should not do sports either?
3.- Does the ketone bodies mediate in the urine before playing?Always or in certain cases?
4.- Do you receive in Social Security the strips for the verification of ketone bodies?I have asked my doctor today and has ignored my question.He has never proposed me to have them.Nor has he proposed to me to have glucagon ... and I'm wondering if it would not be a bad idea to have a glucagon at home and one at work ...

Thanks for your help !!

eriantha's profile photo
eriantha
01/27/2016 8:54 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

1- It depends, if it is cardiovascular exercise you must take hydrates before if you walk on the 90-100 and depending on the duration and intensity of what you are going to do.If you are going to exercise explosive even if you are a bit low it will produce up.Anyway, each one is a world and we find our triquiñuelas to deal with the subject.It's just a matter of trying, what serves me can go wrong

2- They say that above 250 do not play sports.I always comply with that rule, I can't tell you more.

3 and 4 - I have no strips for ketone bodies, nor have I asked my endocrine, if I am very high simply insulin and no exercise.Nor has he proposed to me that he has those strips and he has never suggested anything from Terner Glucagon (it is also true that I have not had a problem of serious hypos)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/27/2016 9:04 p.m.

Hi Joseludi ... Thank you very much ... I accumulate different opinions but more or less I think you can agree all of them.

I began to always play sports with 180-200 to get to approx.80 At the end.This was my criteria.I recently raised if they would not be very high values ​​to start ... and I have stayed these days with bad conscience.However I see that it was not so bad;)

What do you understand by "explosive" exercise?;)))

eriantha's profile photo
eriantha
01/27/2016 9:14 p.m.

I totally agree with Joseludi in everything.
I do have strips but because I have a bomb.
I have suffered twice ketosis in training of 9 and 10 hours of 1.2 and 1.4, over time I have discovered that it has been due to poor food in such training.
That has not always happened to me was the mosqueo.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/27/2016 9:18 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

eriantha said:
hello Joseludi ... thank you very much ... I accumulate different opinions but more or less I think you can agree all of them.

I began to always play sports with 180-200 to get to approx.80 At the end.This was my criteria.I recently raised if they would not be very high values ​​to start ... and I have stayed these days with bad conscience.However I see that it was not so bad;)

What do you understand by "explosive" exercise ?;)))

Well, it happens to me the same, I run between 50 minutes and an hour and as I always end up and having to drink gels at half an hour or so, if I go high (like you) the descent is lower and more appearslate.If I go out with high values ​​but less (150-170) then the descent is a lot before.

This happens to me a year and a half, before it didn't happen to me.

As for explosive exercise I mean lifting weight, running short distances very quickly.That is to say in anaerobic range or making very short but very strong efforts.I don't know if I explain myself

DiabetesForo
01/27/2016 9:27 p.m.

Hi Jconegar!

Thanks ... the truth is that knowing these values ​​and from there reacting with insulin or food (that is, without the need to check the ketone bodies) everything is simplified much more ..

eriantha's profile photo
eriantha
01/27/2016 9:27 p.m.

To avoid declines, I also adapt the moment of sport, when I can.Normally I do sports at night, when Lantus is almost out of play ...
If I do sports in the morning I have to control every hour and drink something to compensate for the downturn ...

eriantha's profile photo
eriantha
01/27/2016 9:32 p.m.

I wanted to say when Novorapid is almost out of play ...

eriantha's profile photo
eriantha
01/27/2016 9:32 p.m.

Good I have no strips since they don't give them (it will be that I can't have acetone).
In training if I have less than 200 as I have left with up to 300 (I have not punctured Humalog).I must say that I practice running through Monte (called Trail) and I usually be between 1 to 4 hours.When I finish the training there is everything.

DiabetesForo
01/27/2016 9:40 p.m.

I suppose that adapting to what one practices and the reactions of the body itself is the right thing, although I needed to have some values ​​to guide me and know when to "ban" to do sports or simply wait ..

eriantha's profile photo
eriantha
01/27/2016 9:51 p.m.

eriantha said:
I suppose to adapt to what one practices and the reactions of the body itself is the right thing, although I needed to have some values ​​to guide myself and know when to "ban" to do sports or simply wait..

Do you have been having diabetes for a long time?It is that in the end we are as we are and nobody better than we know ourselves (well, sometimes not even us, hehehe)

DiabetesForo
01/27/2016 10:18 p.m.

Hello everyone!@Gindillo, @eriantha, how can they not give you strips for ketone bodies ???Come on, they seem very necessary to have at home, it is easy to start creating ketones during a disease, or if you have vomiting and you cannot take anything, and being able to detect them to work accordingly seems essential to me .. my daughter from her debutThey gave cetonuria measuring strips, since the pump was given cetonemia meter and strips.@riantha, the glucagon, as has told you the doctor who is not necessary ???At home and at work of course.Where you spend most of the time.A hug

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
01/28/2016 12:14 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

I totally agree with everyone at the time, time and above all the type of exercise you are going to do, I did not even know but since I started with the free I have also realized that I have started exercising in peaksOf 300, the point is that then I see that in 10 minutes on the bicycle, elliptical or tape it is already descending me with vertical arrow and at the time I am at 100, so I think that if you are in very high values ​​to start but the space ofTime is very small is not very serious either.I could also start more fair and eat or eat something in the middle of the exercise but it costs me a horror to stop and start again ..

The glucagon from my debut prescribed it to have it at home, I do not understand how you have not prescribed it ...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/28/2016 1:10 p.m.

Hello, I agree on almost all the advice.The glucagon also prescribes it to me and I change it every time it will expire me without problems, so it costs a year sometimes it is the only thing that could save your life if it gives you a very strong night down and you cannotEat nothing.I do not understand that you would not go with the glucagon in your hand the day they diagnosed you.

DiabetesForo
01/28/2016 1:21 p.m.

Joseludi said:
eriantha said:
I suppose that adapt to what one practices and the reactions of the body itself is the right thing, although I needed to have values ​​for values ​​forguide and know when to "ban" to do sports or just wait ..

Do you have been having diabetes for a long time?It is that in the end we are as we are and nobody better than we know ourselves (well, sometimes not even us, hehehe)

Hi Joseludi ... for the time I have been knowing more;)
I have been with diabetes for approximately 9 years.I think I didn't have a good "training" at the beginning.The approach they gave in the hospital was 2+2 = 4 and not of a treatment adapted to the rhythm and type of life of each diabetic.Therefore, the 5 first years were disastrous in the acceptance of my results.I thought I would never get it.In recent years I have adapted my life to diabetes and also diabetes to my life and I apply a little the conclusions of my own experiences.Of course the tips in the forum help a lot.

eriantha's profile photo
eriantha
01/28/2016 3:42 p.m.

ainhoa said:
hello everyone!@Gindillo, @eriantha, how can they not give you strips for ketone bodies ???Come on, they seem very necessary to have at home, it is easy to start creating ketones during a disease, or if you have vomiting and you cannot take anything, and being able to detect them to work accordingly seems essential to me .. my daughter from her debutThey gave cetonuria measuring strips, since the pump was given cetonemia meter and strips.@riantha, the glucagon, as has told you the doctor who is not necessary ???At home and at work of course.Where you spend most of the time.A hug

Hi Ainhoa ​​and Kraken,

I live in Germany for 6 years and the doctor who treats me since then is a very pleasant person, however I can't know why it is hard for him to give me more material when I need it.
I do not speak only of reactive strips and glucagon.Two years ago I arrived at very low levels of iron in the blood (9) and despite taking time telling him that I felt bad, I did not react.
That is what my character is not very "hard", and before the "no", I stay without words.In the end I get out of the unsatisfied consultation but I also dare to change my doctor, because although it seems incredible, he knows me badly.
Yesterday he told me that if there is no one who can administer glucagon at home and at work, it didn't make sense to give it to me.I told him that I am not always alone at home and that at work we have two people responsible for first aid but "the deaf was made."Anyway ... I'm considering changing doctor, but I find it a bit unpleasant to do it after so many years ...

eriantha's profile photo
eriantha
01/28/2016 3:49 p.m.

sigsauer said:
I could also start more fair and eat or eat something in the middle of the exercise but it costs me a horror to stop and start again ..

Yes, when the sport is outdoors I consume cookies or some banana or sugar.
When I am for example in a yoga class I really can't eat.The most surprising thing is that after 4 years I went to the same Yoga professor, it occurred to me.I told him that in the face of any loss of knowledge they did not think that I needed "fresh air" but calling emergencies.But he didn't show much interest.Wow, I stayed as if I had not served this information ...
: -S

eriantha's profile photo
eriantha
01/28/2016 3:56 p.m.

I tell you the case of my daughter.When you are going to do sports if it is below 100 it takes a hydrate and if it is with 250 no sport.We have two glucagon, one at home and another in school;It was his endo that advised us to leave one in school.And as for the ketone bodies, I told her endo in the last review and told us that we did not worry, in the next review I will try again.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
01/28/2016 4:11 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@eriantha, I understand you because I also have a hard time saying no, and I am very dependent on the opinion that others have of me, we are going to avoid a bad time I tend to avoid the conflict ... but over time I goLearning to change this, and especially in medical issues we have to become demanding, not complacent.When my daughter debuted, the doctor responsible for monitoring followed guidelines and used disastrous, totally outdated criteria, (telling you that she had my daughter only with NPH and without quickly any kind, or who told me to try to go down200 ...).I found people around me that because I was not aggravated, I continued taking their children, which I still still don't understand.As soon as I could change it and I will always be glad of that decision.In health issues you have to be demanding, listings and sometimes even a little edges.A hug, and demands everything you know is necessary to maintain your health.>: D <

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
01/28/2016 5:04 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

Hi Ainhoa:

Thanks Ainhoa, you are right.In this case I find the change of a doctor because despite the aspect of having to supply for the material, he is a very human person in terms of treatment.Anyway, it will be that I have to raise the level of demand a bit.Probably if I had to make this decision for a child, I wouldn't have thought about it for a minute ...

Anyway I know that I will do the change sooner or later ...: \ ">

eriantha's profile photo
eriantha
01/28/2016 5:38 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.