Your values ​​vary the weekend?

eriantha's profile photo   01/27/2016 8:58 p.m.

Another question:

From Monday to Friday I have a regular pace and my values ​​more or less controlled in the morning.
On Saturday and Sunday I wake up an hour or two later and although breakfast the same as always, with the same amount of insulin, my values ​​are higher.There is no great variation in physical activity.

Do you know if there is any explanation?

Thanks and greetings,

eriantha's profile photo
eriantha
01/27/2016 8:58 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

At the time you do something else, I don't know the same thing you do from Monday to Friday, you already need another amount of insulin ... that simple, if you are going to be more "calm" you get what you calculate to get there"Good" at two hours;)

Marcos_J_M's profile photo
Marcos_J_M
01/27/2016 10:09 p.m.

Marcos - 26 años - Debut a los 14
Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

eriantha said:
another question:

From Monday to Friday I have a regular pace and my values ​​more or less controlled in the morning.
On Saturday and Sunday I wake up an hour or two later and although breakfast the same as always, with the same amount of insulin, my values ​​are higher.There is no great variation in physical activity.

Do you know if there is any explanation?

Thanks and greetings,

Perhaps it is due to the effects of the Alba phenomenon, from Monday to Friday early morning and do not give you time to act because you administer quickly insulin.On the other hand, you get up later and give "free via" to the phenomenon to continue with its effect of raising glycemic levels.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/27/2016 10:44 p.m.

@iantha happens to me than if breakfast before 10 I need less insulin than if I do it later.
I have that two insulin guidelines in the function of the time to which as something.I don't know if you mean that or you wake up on the highest than other days.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
01/27/2016 10:50 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

@iantha the same thing happens to me, when I get up later than 10.30-11 I am already above 120 on an empWeek does not happen to me.
It is because of the phenomenon of Alba.
Greetings!!

Marga_rita's profile photo
Marga_rita
01/27/2016 11:04 p.m.

If I work in the morning I need much less insulin than if work of afternoons or book.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
01/28/2016 3:04 p.m.

gemater said:
@eriantha it happens to me than if breakfast before 10 I need less insulin than if I do it later.
I have that two insulin guidelines in the function of the time to which as something.I don't know if you mean that or you wake up on the highest than other days.

Hello everyone:

What you say is correct.I wake up with the usual levels, but when I get up later and change the rhythm I need to have another insulin guideline because the ordinary pattern does not work as well.Normally breakfast the same but I inject from one to two more insulin units over the weekend.

eriantha's profile photo
eriantha
01/28/2016 3:35 p.m.

In addition to the change in the routine, it also affects the stress, during the week I need more insulin than during the weekends or holidays, it seems a lie, but it is not assimilated the same.

fer's profile photo
fer
01/28/2016 6:10 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Do not tell the first nurse that I explain how to take care of diabetes.
I intended that on weekends it will raise me at 6:00 as the working days;... fundamental eating at the same time ...

I get up between 9: 30-10: 00 and I have lower values ​​instead of high.They spend more hours from dinner than a working day.If I neglect and they give me 11:00 I am in hiccups sometimes.Also depending on what Ceno, so on Fridays I take more fat so as not to get up the Sabo.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/29/2016 1:19 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

With the new basal, it will be easier to sleep the weekend ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/29/2016 8:30 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

If in Bolo-Basal therapy basal insulin is well adjusted should not be necessary to have a fixed meal schedule, and many hours could pass without eating anything.

Of course, this is when you draw flat lines in the graphs in the basal period.If the basal is even a little high, it ends up entering hiccups.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
04/30/2016 6:16 a.m.

Hi Ruthbia, it is true that there is still an "old school" on the subject of DM1.When I debuted (just 10 years ago) they told me that I should only make three meals a day, they provided me with a table with what I owed and I shouldn't eat ...
Regina: What does it mean when you comment "with the new basal, it will be easier to sleep the weekend .."?Thank you

eriantha's profile photo
eriantha
04/30/2016 5:28 p.m.

Well, they last more than 24 hours and are more flat.So you can delay the time to get up without problem ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/30/2016 7:48 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Thanks Regina, could you tell me what insulin brands are they?I only know Lantus and Levemir.

eriantha's profile photo
eriantha
04/30/2016 8:48 p.m.

The new ones are threeiba and toujeo.Look at the forum information.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/30/2016 9:36 p.m.

I already tell you that if there are differences !!!!I have been with glycemia in the morning for a while (almost always above 150), and it is on Saturday and I get up almost in hypoglycemia.Breakfast and breakfast, which daily can upload me up to 180, does not make me a peak (this morning I have not reached 100, and that I have eaten the same as daily by adding a piece of home cake) and ofThere at a little more than half an hour of breakfast.

I do notice much that my glycemias improves when I don't work

nacho's profile photo
nacho
04/30/2016 11:52 p.m.

Thanks, I will look at the forum :)

eriantha's profile photo
eriantha
05/01/2016 11:49 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.