Hello everyone, 30 -year -old boy with diabetes for a few days

DiabetesForo's profile photo   11/04/2016 8:16 p.m.

Hello everyone, I am Karlma a 30 -year -old boy with a few days a diabets detected.

I am quite new in this so I will tell you what happened to me.Despite being 30 years old and not drinking (well sometimes but on rare occasions), if it is true that I did not take care of me, I had a BMI greater than 35, and drink Coca Cola in large quantity and redbull sometimes (or ratherhis burn hop).For a couple of months, I noticed that some wounds were not healed well, in principle I did not give importance until I decided to have an analysis (I had not done an analysis, and except high trigliricids, I never had problems).Then they detected me on 220 glycemia ... On the other hand I had mysteriously thinned 10 kg in two other months (from 115 to 105 without proposing it).

The doctor has told me that at the moment you cannot know if it is type 1 or type 2, he says that normal for my age is type 1, but perhaps with my overweight (a lot of sausage, bread, coca cola, etc..) It can be of type 2. At the moment I have started with a fairly strict regime and every day walking on tape for 45 minutes.Well more or less I have these questions:

Normally my trend is as follows, (I usually have breakfast soon, eat soon and dinner early), normally in the morning I am a little high, at noon it climbs slightly (the first two days would go up something else) and at night IIt usually goes down a lot.Is it normal?

The second the first three days handled values ​​from 180 up (except nights that went down to 150-160), with 8 units (at night) on the third day they uploaded a couple of units, and I have lowered enough (halfway between115 to 130) Even today for the first time, it has come out 101. Is these results normal in a week?

Third, you think my diabetes could be type 2 or type 1. The first day they told me that it could be of type 1 that almost never appears in young people under 45 years, but I have read numerous cases that if.Could anyone help me?

Fourth, a curious thing happened to me, one of the days I did not exercise, and the next day they gave me average 20 superior to that day.Does the exercise influence so much?

Thank you so much.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/04/2016 8:16 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello Karlma.The truth is that I also have been compared to other diabetics around here for a short time, (I've been less than four years) but I will try to help you with everything I can.
Glycemia varies quite from one moment to another.It is enough that you have not eaten enough, or that you have eaten more, or that you experience some emotion (anger, joy, sadness etc) so that you give you a different result.
About your second question: Yes, I think it is normal.In fact I think it is perfectly normal.If you continue adjusting your insulin dose, the changes will still be greater until you stabilize.I have been quite uncontrolled to be at 120, for example, to pass to 350 in a matter of a couple of hours after a meal.
And your third question: I think it is Type 1 diabetes. It is true that you get older to you because you have more ballots for type 2, but I have come to meet people who have had type 1 diabetes with 45 years.
And about your fourth question: yes, the exercise affects a lot.
I insist that I have been in this for a short time, but I consider knowing enough to comment.However, surely someone will have more idea than me and can help you better.

Nacho_99's profile photo
Nacho_99
11/04/2016 8:58 p.m.

Welcome to the @karlma forum I hope we can help you, for the little time you have been diagnosed, I am sure you have a lot to read in the forum and learn, about the questions you ask, I will recommend some topics for you can start themTo read and that they will help you at this stage, take note that they have no waste !!!;)

Action Guides - Fast Chulear
Link
Types of Diabetes
Link
Carbohydrate counting guide
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
11/04/2016 9 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Thank you very much Nacho.

And exactly how you can know if I have type 1 or 2 diabetes? The doctor at the moment has told me that in 3 months they will have an analysis.

DiabetesForo
11/04/2016 9:03 p.m.

Well, I really have no idea.I started 13 years old and they did several analysis and tests, and in less than 1 hour everything was already clear: type 1 diabetes. In your case as it has caught you at an "intermediate" age because I don't know very well, I imagine thatThey will want to go slowly not to make mistakes.

Nacho_99's profile photo
Nacho_99
11/04/2016 9:06 p.m.

Thank you very much Nacho_99

The truth is that the first four days I have had a lot of bad, now I am a bit animated.The truth I hope that if I have any 2, because although there is no what a true cure is, with exercise and diet you can have medication.

Also thanks Fer had read some of the guides these days.

By the way, I had also forgotten to say, that I had a very sedentary life.

DiabetesForo
11/04/2016 9:12 p.m.

They have to do the peptide test (I think it was said so) and of antibodies and others ... I do not understand why they usually leave so much time to do the test, if in theory with these tests they should be almost safe of the type that is(Basically they analyze the life left to your pancreas, and the insulin reserves it has, so to speak).As anecdote, I threw 6 days admitted to my debut, with 1 blood analysis per day, and they didn't think of looking at this.Total, that the first day my educator realized that they had not done so, and stayed in plan ... Really?again?And the first thing he did was ask me this test to confirm type 1. But hey, they will know, they are the doctors ...
I have 29 and I was diagnosed with type 1 this summer, they also told me that it was weird and so on with that age, but ... bah, no case, here there are those that have taken type 1 even with older age.That is not usual, it is not that it does not exist.
I also lost a lot in the debut, although of course I also enter the hospital with ketoacidosis and others ...
In the end, I will not make any bet of what kind it will be, because I have no knowledge to do those things, but as it may, I wish you luck, that you have many spirits, and that you tell us whatever!I was more confusing than anyone, and if it had not been for forums like this, I would have looked even more ...
Greetings!

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
11/05/2016 12:28 a.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

Thank you very much Miexron, a question did you suffer from overweight or sedentary life?

DiabetesForo
11/05/2016 12:36 a.m.

By the way, in case it serves as information, the first day they detected it and taught me howI had dropped to 165 (before dinner) approximately 9 hours later.(High I made a grilled chicken meal.

DiabetesForo
11/05/2016 1:40 a.m.

If I had overweight and quite sedentary life.Although you don't want to connect everything and go crazy to do puzzles, it is the doctors who with the analyzes have to get to the conclusion.It seems that some insulin you have in the body for what you say ... but it can be the 2 types, that there is little, or that the one is not taking advantage of.In addition, overweight is supposed to always create more insulin resistance.As you get more in shape the thing will improve.
Anyway, to take care of yourself and I hope you will go better.It doesn't fit very well for 3 months for analysis.They told you why?Have you already done any blood analysis for that?

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
11/05/2016 10:18 a.m.

Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

Well, the truth is not.They did a first analysis, and for now he told me that we were going to try 8 units with Levemir, and then a good test made me a totally strict diet, he even told me to take away my light drinks (Coca Cola Lightfor example) for a time to see evolution.The nurse told me that a little later could know.Anyway when I have been quoting with the doctor for more or less.Nor have they put me fast insulin, only the ultralenta.

I suppose that over time I will know, and the truth is that this forum is quite well, because in my case I do not know anyone with a similar case.The only person who knew directly with diabetes was recently died.

And nothing I feel about the puzzles, but I suppose it is normal for those who carry so little we are obsessed.

DiabetesForo
11/05/2016 10:49 a.m.

If man is normal.I say it for your mental health more than anything!ha ha.And in the first analysis you don't know if they looked at you about the c and others, right?
It is normal that they do not make you quickly if they do not know sure what guy you have.

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
11/05/2016 11:06 a.m.

Today I ask and they didn't look at me, they say it's about 3 months (well less) I will have an analysis, for now they want me to do a strict diet, to see how I'm reacting.That has told me the doctor that in his 20 years of medicine he has never seen that in 10 days I have gotten out of more than 250 to 90-105 before I have been 3 days in a row (before meals and for the moment with 10units).

DiabetesForo
11/07/2016 9:27 p.m.

Well, I've been with diabetes for more than a month, and more or less I will comment on some of my evolution.

During the three first weeks I managed to lower the levels to 90-120 (on an empty stood) with 8 units, but the last days has begun to rise to me (I have already risen to 12).And now I move in values ​​of 100-140 on an empty stomach.Normally in the morning I have it between 100-115, at noon except exception).Then at night I lowers me to 100-110.

The strangest thing has been today, I got up with a little higher than normal (125 at 7 in the morning), as I was not hungry I have decided to make a complete fast (I have only eaten two nuts and water with lemon) untilThe eating time.I have not exercised in the morning and at noon has risen me to just over 140 ...

Is it normal? The truth has seemed very rare I know that the liver releases reservations, but I thought it was more at night or in less quantities.

DiabetesForo
11/30/2016 12:18 a.m.

@karlma There may be a thousand factors that affect an unexpected rise, do not pay attention to once, if repeated several times I would consult it with the endo or the educator to see if it has to touch basal or insu/HC relationship.
As you commented one day, you will join two meals a lot.Do not worry for once.If the same situation is repeated many times if you must see it.But you know, sport, put insu to eat a little before or after, glycemic index of what you have taken, nerves ....
Well forgive that I did not tell you anything, welcome to this world that among all because we form a great family and you know that whatever is missing here we are all.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/30/2016 12:04 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.