Help .... how to correct?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/17/2016 6:17 p.m.

After eating at two hours 208 I have put a dose of novorapid and at 10 minutes 206. How long does it take to go down?It is the first time I correct after two hours and I don't know if I did it wrong thanks.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/17/2016 6:17 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello,

For now as a rookie I have only corrected a couple of times, but I tell you.Fast insulin begins (theoretically) to take effect at 15 min.So, before that, it will only lower you anything (that's why you comment).From 15 min begins to act and the maximum action peak, at least to me, it appears between 1h or 1h 30 and from 2 hours and something the effect begins to disappear.In quantity, I would say that you have done well start with a dose, to see how much it goes down, but that, look at the time and two hours and you will see as if it has done effect.

davidT1's profile photo
davidT1
01/17/2016 6:28 p.m.

DM1 desde 2015
Lantus 10 (a las 14:00h)
Novorapid 2-4-2
HbA1c 5.3
----------------------
DM3 por partida doble

@Aliciaalicia does not depend only on the time late in making action but on the type of HC that you have taken in food, it is not the same as you have taken paella as a roast for example.You may see that it does not get off but that does not mean that you have not made insulin action but that if you do not get it more.
In a pen you also have to know that a unit is little and to know that 1 you are really injected you must wear a new needle and have taken insulin through the needle so that that unit is not part of the needle.
The issue of how much you lower you per insulin unit you have to do several tests.Help it go down that figure going for a good time.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/17/2016 7:09 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I am still a rookie and I always have this issue in conflict.This is what I think, it does not mean that it is true:

* Testing you get to Rome.Not really, of course.Normal, at least in my case it works, is that an insulin dose lowers me more or less 50. It all depends on the moment of the day, of course.The morning is usually more resistant (it does not happen to me, for example).

* I usually correct and wait for an hour for the effect.I don't know if you have to wait so long.

My particular question is to do when you get the dose badly.When you are aware that when you inject you have put it badly for x reasons.Do you put the same dose again although the same if some insulin has entered?Do you wait to see them come?

pike's profile photo
pike
01/17/2016 7:40 p.m.

DM1 desde 2015-Novorapid 2/2/2/2-Toujeo(en proceso)-Mañana
Glucosilada 4/2017: 7,2

But do you have any example badly or more?What kind of insulin?At what time of day?

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/17/2016 8:18 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@pike as you say, is to test what a rapid insulin unit lowers you, which in many people is usually about 50, 10 above, 10 below, in a person who no longer produces anything of its own insulin.(Be careful those of honeymoon).
In my case a unit lowers me 40, in the Dexcom this looks clearly.

What you should keep in mind is that the effect of rapid insulin has a peak but continues to lower more significantly up to at least two hours later.Check out an eye Link

Give examples of situations that generate doubts by putting bad doses.Each one will have its pirouettes.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
01/17/2016 10:22 p.m.

Thank you all, at the time I had 170 dropped approximately 40 and continued going down during the afternoon because at dinner time I had 107. As was the first time I correct and they had not explained anything for that reason I was a little worried.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/17/2016 11:03 p.m.

Alicalicia, all the advice are very correct but each one is different in reacting to insulin, therefore, you will continue "rehearsing" when you apply and how you react, I for my part, the fast one lowers to 2 or 2.30hApplication, so it is very importantWe wake up with a very high result!;) ok?ANI

ani's profile photo
ani
01/18/2016 6:53 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.