Problems with the lantus

tapestry's profile photo   11/08/2016 6:14 a.m.

Hello, I will present my case step by step.

By September I used 30 Lantus units in the morning, dawned with glycemia between 80-120 and used Humalog with no more than 6 units.During the day I kept well, but in mid -September I decided to enter Karate contact where the exercise is intense, the first two weeks I had to lower the units a little compared to hypoglycemia by exercise.All good up there.

Then in October, I was already resisting the exercise itself.But I started having rebounds, I increased the Lantus to 35 units to try but they followed the rebounds at the time of the morning and also after lunch.Thing that did not happen to me before.

My question is what should change?In the end I had to use Humalog post-lunch and even post-collation of 5:00 p.m.Thing that I did not do before, it causes me curiosity because I have also done the hemo at 3:00 am and I get normal ranges of 100-120 and at 8:00 am easily it rises to 230. I read that some use the lantus in theNight, but I really don't know how to fix this.

I know that details are missing, I will respond to facilitate feedback.

tapestry's profile photo
tapestry
11/08/2016 6:14 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I did the year at 20:15, before as something of 40 cargs and I inject ultra fast.I arrive at the Type 23:00 House.Does it influence not to eat something post-exercise?

tapestry's profile photo
tapestry
11/08/2016 6:20 a.m.

There are sports with which control becomes difficult..., after meals it is easy to fix the climbs, with faster before eating, and if you have high values ​​when you wake up, you can try to put it at night ..
Or change the sport for another softer one that comes better.
Look at the new slow insulins, like Toujeo, which have more duration.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/08/2016 4:52 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

HMMM.I will consider Lantus for today.

tapestry's profile photo
tapestry
11/08/2016 5:07 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.