Diabetes and employment contract

Alimor's profile photo   11/08/2016 4:10 p.m.

Hello! I am the mother of a young diabetic who has just finished the race and is starting to look for a job.My question or concern is that they may not hire you for your diabetic condition. Does anyone know if you are obliged to communicate the disease when you opt for a job?Thank you

Alimor's profile photo
Alimor
11/08/2016 4:10 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I never say it first and finally either, I have asked me so I have not given explanations that they do not ask, in case the flies ..
Somewhere (English Court, at least before) if in the instance he made chronic patients to refrain.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/08/2016 5:08 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Do not say anything.You will say it if you want when you have shown that you can work perfectly

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/08/2016 5:25 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I have never said it in any job and I have passed all medical recognitions.I just said it when opposing.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/08/2016 6:07 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

But they ask, I wouldn't say it.Once at work I don't see any problem saying it.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
11/08/2016 10:03 p.m.

I do not understand very well, if a person has astigmatism or worse has still suffered cancer and goes to a job interview or signing a contract where he does not refer to whether he looks like any disease, does he say it?, Because your son will haveWhat to communicate something intimate, personal and private if they do not ask or demand it in the contract?We do not have to give explanations or with the "I am diabetic" presentation letter, another thing is whether when you opt for the position, whether by opposition, punctuation or selection, there is a clause or annex where it specifies it.There are already enough that they prohibit us or exclude us to develop certain jobs, in which we are perfectly suitable to perform as long as there is very good glycemic control, as well as we are the ones who present the presentation of diabetes as a limitation as a limitation.All the best

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
11/09/2016 10:16 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Unless affecting him for work, why will he have to say it?Not even medical recognitions are mandatory and even if they were, they do not move to the company but are for the knowledge of the interested party.

And unless it is an opposition in which they can discard you for that, I have not said it either and after having the square my doctor said nothing about the subject in the certificate we have to present, he only put that I am suitable for the work, that it is true that I am having diabetes and without having it.

I honestly, I would not comment and less in interviews or just hired, if he means at some point, go ahead, but that has no obligation because it is a personal issue and does not disable him for most jobs, come on.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
11/09/2016 10:55 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Thank you very much for your advice. The truth is that it is an issue that my husband and I had commented and we did not know what to stick to, I was afraid that the disease could be the cause of not being caught. For now there has not beenGiven the case because he has not had any interview.He is diabetic since 17 and takes it from the beginning with the greatest normality, even if the procession goes inside. It would be unfair to add more limitations to those that a young person supposes for very well to take him.
I repeat, thank you all.
Ah!My name is Alicia and I will follow the issues of the forum that I found very interesting and very helpful.

Alimor's profile photo
Alimor
11/09/2016 4:44 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.