Hypos 5 hours or more after food

DanielG's profile photo   11/08/2016 6:20 p.m.

Hello people,
It is my first participation, so first of all greet you and thank you for your help
I will try not to hit the roll with a history, but I make a miniprevia:
- 48 years, male, diabetic from 20, from 23 or insulin -dependent.
- No complication for the moment, normal life and has never psychologically affected the issue.
- For many years I went quite a "eye", but for a while I sat my head and began to take it seriously, fulfilling all the basic recommendations to carry the disease (daily, analytical controls, regular meals with portions, etc..).
- Before I was going with Insulatard / Actrapid and syringe.In general, well.But I had a problem with hypos after eating and they finally changed it to me: Lantus / Novorapid.I am doing 0-0-17 of Lantus I 8 - 24 - 24 of Novorapid.

The problem, and reason for this consultation, is that I have not just managed to take away the hypos after the food - I have a minimum of a day - and that affects the rest of the day.The theme works more or less like that.At food time, I'm fine.Let's put 100. I click my 24 from NR, I start eating after about 10 minutes my 3 portions and 2 hours later ... (#$%& amp;) I look at myself and I am 200 or more.So far we could say, then adjust the NR units or eat less.The problem is that, if I do not play anything, at 4, 5 or even more hours after the food the blood glucose plummets and, if I do not stop it, a hypo always comes.That is, too high after eating, very low 5 hours after having eaten :(

The doctor and the educator tell me that I delay the puncture, but I almost always as outside the home and I can not play it by clicking 30 minutes before and not knowing what I will find in the restaurant.In any case, I think that would eliminate the problem of the climb 2 hours later, but not that of the hip.They tell me that the hypos is weird because this happens when the NR should already be finishing its effect ..

Any idea about it?

Thanks again

DanielG's profile photo
DanielG
11/08/2016 6:20 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello!What it seems is that you need a lot of fast, it is as if there is any resistance to that insulin and start acting late .., if you change quickly to Humalog, for example, go better.
Lantus is already being outdated too .., the toujeo lasts longer,
Each one is a world on this issue, but it seems that you are getting little slowly and very quickly, although it has to be what best does.
Welcome!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/08/2016 9:27 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

In the morning you lift yourself well?
It seems to me also that 56 quickly and 17 slowly does not fit much.The perfect daily combination is 40-50% basal and 50-60% fast.This is the theory, then each one is a world.
See Cosillas and see if someone can help you know what happens.
Welcome to the forum!

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
11/08/2016 9:53 p.m.

In the morning is when I am more stable.Under normal conditions I get well, I put the 8 novorapid units, I eat my 4 cookies (like this routine) and I arrived at food time with the same value it was.That is, correcting is very easy.If I am a little high, I add a unit and at the time of food I always arrive perfect.Thank you

DanielG's profile photo
DanielG
11/08/2016 10:36 p.m.

Today for example the process was like this: 208 at 2 hours of eating, 110 at 5 hours of eating.To avoid hiccups, I have taken a peach juice and I have reached 9 to dinner at 87.

DanielG's profile photo
DanielG
11/08/2016 10:38 p.m.

Well, you're fine.That peak of 200 maybe you avoid it eating slower hydrates ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/09/2016 1:50 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Almost always like pasta or rice.But in any case my problem is not so much the peak but the descent at 5 am, because which I am minimally I am in Hicm.Why does glycemia get so much, and always plummeting, when the NR is supposed to be there and its effect?Thank you very much for your answers Regina and Anaisabel: D

DanielG's profile photo
DanielG
11/09/2016 11:45 a.m.

@Danielg to me with the pasta and the rice something very similar happens to me, the peak is quite large and at the third hour of having punctured me it starts to go down very quickly,

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/09/2016 12:38 p.m.

Hello,
I am not going to comment on the slow one you get, because I do not use it, and because as well as we know, each person is a world.But of course, the first thing that comes to mind when reading what you comment on the fact that the five hours (!) Having eaten there is a hypo: it is as simple as eating;Instead of making three meals, make five or six.That, of course, also depends on each person, but if the basal you take is adequate (and that you have to know mainly during the night how you get down, how you get up on an empty stomach) and the rapid goes down properly (ifIt does not be because you have to inject more, or because you digest slower, or for other causes that already enter less general issues), so you have to eat more times.
I eat five times a day, sometimes six.Every three hours.Because this is what my body needs.Sometimes four hours can spend;Exceptionally, when as rice or those meals away from home that give those files that "te-sube-dested-of-the-dos-horas" then not melting, but a very simple snack (a cookie, a small fruit, a small fruit,etc).Because if I do not do so, I arrive at Hico to dinner.And if I get less basal not to make quotes, then I am high at night or tomorrow.In addition, I already put very little basal.What do I mean by it?Well, knowing what your body needs is the first, as so many colleagues say here.And knowing if more meals or less need is basic (which is not the same as being hungry or not, because it turns out that hunger is conditioned by other multiple factors).

Anyway, the entire roll to suggest a snack, a basal and fast adjustment, and a lot

imara's profile photo
imara
11/09/2016 1:04 p.m.

Thank you so much.

DanielG's profile photo
DanielG
11/09/2016 1:36 p.m.

I about 5 times a day to avoid hypos between meals.
If snacks at 4 hours of eating I think you solve the problem.
You tell us

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/09/2016 8 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

And do you click each time?Do you distribute the calories between five or do three meals and two tentenpiés?Thank you

DanielG's profile photo
DanielG
11/10/2016 11:46 a.m.

@Danielg, I puncture, apart from the slow one, three times: before breakfast, noon food, and dinner (many times dinner, for my insulin sensitivity, does not need injection).
In the snack and lunch (food between breakfast and noon) not injecting insulin.

I have doubts in the hours of lunch, because when working in turn a few days I make it more powerful and others less, for issues of coupling rhythm of my body-time of everyday life.So very exceptionally inject insulin at breakfast and lunch, if they are the two big ones.Other times I played, then big breakfast, then snack ... that are things that one is going to do so with what is best.

Regarding calories, I don't count them (I am very skinny, and I need energy, and I have great cholesterol; perhaps other people need to tell it).And hydrates either tell them exactly, but roughly.My prefrontal cortex is fatigued too much: P but I don't do it because I don't need it and because I have a good control listening to my body and my sensations.

:-)

imara's profile photo
imara
11/10/2016 12:27 p.m.

To carry good control, hydrates count is necessary.It can be done by eye, but we always have to take them into account.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
11/10/2016 6:19 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.