Insulin duration

Rosi's profile photo   02/12/2016 11:40 a.m.

Hello chic@s, I have a doubt.Once you started an insulin ball, if you spend the month and have not finished it, do you throw it?It is that the nurse told me that once spent the month throw the ball, and of course my daughter has been all this month with the honeymoon and barely put insulin, the ball is whole and knows me badly to throw it.Does insulin get bad once the month?
Thank you so much.
Greetings

Rosi's profile photo
Rosi
02/12/2016 11:40 a.m.

Mama de niña de 7 años diabetes tipo 1 diciembre 2015
Levemir: Desayuno 2u - Cena 3u
Novorapid: Desayuno-Comida-Merienda-Cena
Última hemo: 7.8

Insulin is a protein so it spoils with heat and the passage of time.Even so I do not throw it until it has not passed 2 or 3 months out of the fridge.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
02/12/2016 11:45 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@Rosi I do as @sherpa41 the truth.I have a lot of sensitivity to insulin and if I throw it to the month of opening it, I would stay half.I use Novorapid and the truth is that I have never had any problem with using it past the PRMER month.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
02/12/2016 7:39 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good morning!!!Another doubt that arises in relation to this issue.Once the ball is started, you keep it in the fridge or leave it out of it ????
Whenever I am at home and I can put it again in the fridge, but I have heard that the effect of cold insulin is slower.I don't know if they will be just "speaking"

All the best

nacho's profile photo
nacho
02/13/2016 11:48 a.m.

It hurts more cold, better leave at room temperature the ball that is being used.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
02/13/2016 12:35 p.m.

It should not be stored in the fridge after open.

pike's profile photo
pike
02/13/2016 6:10 p.m.

DM1 desde 2015-Novorapid 2/2/2/2-Toujeo(en proceso)-Mañana
Glucosilada 4/2017: 7,2

pike said:
should not be stored in the fridge after open.

I think so, those temperature changes will spoil more than anything else.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
02/13/2016 7:10 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.