{'en': 'How much low a fast insulin unit?', 'es': '¿Cuanto baja una unidad de insulina rápida?'} Image

How much low a fast insulin unit?

afrifeernandz's profile photo   01/24/2016 6:44 p.m.

Hello, I had this question,

Because there are times that maybe I have high sugar and I put insulin, but how much do I have to wear?

I mean, for example, if I have it 250 and I put a unit, how much does it go down, if not as anything?

Or has nothing to do with?

I read that each unit lowered 50 (for example if I have it at 200, to 150) but I don't know, and to avoid declines ..

Thank you so much!

afrifeernandz's profile photo
afrifeernandz
01/24/2016 6:44 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

proof.Mind yourself two hours later.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/24/2016 6:46 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Each one is a world that question is generic, do what the partner says, there are people who can lower 25 mg and people that a unit can download 60 mg.
Tell us how it has gone.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/24/2016 7:57 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@regina @jconegar had left the control 241, I have put 3 unds and it has dropped to 111, so I suppose that approximately for each unit it will lower me among the 40.50mg, I will try to control it more to see that such, thank you very much forreply :)

afrifeernandz
01/24/2016 11:22 p.m.

You will see that little by little you control it well. Approve everything.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/25/2016 12:41 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Are there many factors to take into account, what have you eaten before?Your blood glucose is stable?Have you exercised?There are times that you can be at 200 after exercising 2 hours and not needing any unit, the body itself will demand glucose.Over time you will get to know, better and better.
All the best

lemurdiabético's profile photo
lemurdiabético
01/25/2016 9:07 a.m.

Lemur has all the reason in the world you have to look at the situation in what you are.As if after a meal you must take into account what type of carbohydrates carried the food if they were fast or slow

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/25/2016 9:21 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Yes, I will take it into account, I will count on that and see if I control better!@lemurdiabetico @jconegar

afrifeernandz
01/25/2016 12:33 p.m.

I will do that !!@regina

afrifeernandz
01/25/2016 12:36 p.m.

In the forum there are several issues on how to calculate a corrector bolus, which is a way to calculate the insulin necessary to lower hyperglycemia and not pass.

I recommend this in particular: Link

It is based on a general formula that calculates the insulin sensitivity index or factor, it is simple when the truquillo catches!;)

This would be the summary:

The calculation would be as follows:

We imagine that the sum of insulin units in one day are 30 units.(eg, adding 18 rapid (6-6-6) and 12 slow that you get in total in one day), then:

Total Bolus Diario = 30 (18+12)

Fs = 1800*/30 = 60;Thus the sensitivity factor (F.S.) is 60 mg/dl for each insulin unit.

* 1700 currently for children (instead of Loas 1800).

With this calculation, it is assumed that if you injected 1 insulin unit, it will lower you about 60 mg/dl.

fer's profile photo
fer
01/25/2016 1:07 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

0.50xh units .... I don't understand @Fer can you explain to me?It is to do it by sections I have never done it.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
01/25/2016 1:25 p.m.

@Anaisabel @Fer I will look at him Aver, although I have not understood much either, that I with the mates .. hahaha, although more or less

afrifeernandz
01/25/2016 1:29 p.m.

I have always calculated it as follows: 1800/total insulin (bolos+basal)

I don't understand the sections.

Anaisabel
01/25/2016 1:34 p.m.

@Anaisabel @Afrifeernandz I have updated the text above, to see if it is now understood!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
01/25/2016 2:49 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I have already understood better, thank you very much!:) @fer

afrifeernandz
01/25/2016 2:53 p.m.

Now yes @fer :)

Anaisabel
01/25/2016 4:51 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.