Gastroscopy with diabetes, what do you recommend?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   02/17/2016 10:14 a.m.

Hello, good morning tomorrow have to do a biopsy gastroscopy and it is the first time that they do it being diabetic.

Do you think I have to have some special care or say that I am diabetic ???

I am a little scared.

Thank you.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/17/2016 10:14 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

They have not done that test.If they were going to do it if I would say that I am diabetics.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
02/17/2016 10:20 a.m.

The first thing I said that you are diabetic to see that they recommend you, but we must always say that you are diabetic to the doctor that touches you, even for a sprain.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
02/17/2016 10:34 a.m.

@Aliciaalicia whenever you have a medical performance it is good that you warn that you are diabetic, it is better to prevent !!

On the specific case, I copy you what I have seen.

Routinely digestive endoscopy (gastro- and colone-) is done with sedation, being sufficient for tolerance.The patient is asleep during the procedure but does not require respiratory assistance and retains the reflexes.General anesthesia is reserved for exceptional cases.One of the usual indications by which this test is performed is by anemia, which does not imply any risk, given bleeding with exploration.With respect to diabetes, you must remember to suspend antidiabetic medication (pills or insulin) while fasting, to avoid hypoglycemia.Fibrinogen can be nonspecific and has no relevance to this procedure.

fer's profile photo
fer
02/17/2016 10:35 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Anaisabel and @aranzazu thanks
@Fer if they do it with sedation and it is early in the morning.Do you think would not have the 11 at night lantus???

DiabetesForo
02/17/2016 10:43 a.m.

@Aliciaalicia I do not dare to tell you, I think it depends a lot on how it affects you, what is recommended in these cases is to lower a little, but I would not know how to tell you how much.

Take a look at this topic, you can give you more clues.

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
02/17/2016 11:13 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Fer If I read it and reassures me a little in the end everything went well
I will relax and cross my fingers.
Thanks @fer.

DiabetesForo
02/17/2016 11:27 a.m.

I do not think you have to take away the insulin, which is not good that you arrive with 300, lower the dose, but warn the doctor, that it will surely make you a sugar control before sedating you and so on your TB you will be more calm.

They did a test once with sedation, I don't remember which one, and they looked at me just before sedating me, I had 130 and forward.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
02/17/2016 12:18 p.m.

I would download 2 of Lantus in case it is delayed and you are fasting so many hours.If I have done and it happened to me that they quoted me precisely at 1st hour because it was diabetics and you have to be fasting for many hours and x not mismatch myIt turns out that then the thing and hypoglycemia were delayed to sing, drinking juice and they could not do it, they met me for another day, so I lowered the lantus a couple of units the next time just in case, a little higherBut neither much more than good

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/17/2016 2:59 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

They did it to me without major problem.Don't be injected until I left and breakfast.That did make it early ...

CJDA's profile photo
CJDA
02/17/2016 3:10 p.m.

I have been summoned by the first by diabetes but as @gala says if they are then delayed for something I prefer not to take risks of hypo so I will lower 2o3 Lantus units.Thanks @gala and @aranzazue.

DiabetesForo
02/17/2016 3:11 p.m.

Thanks @Cjda.

DiabetesForo
02/17/2016 3:19 p.m.

@Aliciaalicia my girl made one and arrived on descent (by fasting), they solved him immediately by putting a dropper of glucose serum and there was no problem.

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
02/17/2016 5:13 p.m.

@Con_q_de_quimica.Thank you.

DiabetesForo
02/17/2016 7:16 p.m.

@Aliciaalicia to do the test is preferable especially if it is with sedation that you carry the high sugar, it is recommended not to take before oral diabetics or put the previous insulin.It is likely that you get less Lantus you get a middle ground, but although I did not like a high little while nothing happens and then correct with the security of being able to take HC

Ele's profile photo
Ele
02/17/2016 9:52 p.m.

Let you do very well and everything perfect @aliciaalicia: x

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
02/17/2016 10:33 p.m.

@Aliciaalicia do not stop putting the lantus, if you are low they solve it, of course say that you are diabetic, you always have to say it although I suppose it will come in the record and in the wheel of the test in question.
Greetings and that goes well!

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
02/17/2016 10:48 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Hello everyone!!!!I just did the gastroscopy and everything went well.Thank you very much and all.Now wait for the results to be good.Give pleasure with this forum, I always feel accompanied and safe.Thank you.

DiabetesForo
02/18/2016 11:40 a.m.

That everything goes well Alicia.Putting two less than Lantus, it was the best solution. You will be a little high, but you can correct quickly.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/18/2016 8:15 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Regina thanks, if today I spent the day a little high but at night I upload the 2 of Lantus that I lowered last night.

DiabetesForo
02/18/2016 9:28 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.