Freestyle alert !!!

OscarelGato's profile photo   01/25/2016 1:27 p.m.

Hello everyone,
I have already complained once in this space about freestyle sensors.
I have been using them for a year and a half.
At first, they were going wonderfully.But the last 3 sensors I bought at the end of 2015, they are giving me wrong readings.Glycemia readings without eating anything from 200 while the capillary gives me 99.
The second sensor that failed me, I have returned it to Abbott to replace it.I didn't do the first one, I still didn't know what could be returned.For about three weeks, they have the sensor in their laboratories to see if it really does not work, and contrast the information I gave them.Come on, they believe that I lie and that I want to deceive you, I have no more things to do to try sensors, (throwing 60 euros through the window).Anyway, I still have no response.
The drop that cast the glass, is that yesterday the third sensor begins.And the same thing happens.Very high values ​​bought with the capillary, a difference of more than 100 points.
I am not new in that, I know well that it measures interstitial glucose.But it is not the case.
I have spoken recently with someone who also uses them, and tells me the same problem.
It seems to me that the last broken sensors are being out.
Many people are happy with the Festyle, including me.But Joo!I spent 180 euros without good results.
I hope you solve it soon.

OscarelGato's profile photo
OscarelGato
01/25/2016 1:27 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

They gave me correct readings. I have not had a problem with that my problem is that the last sensor takes it away from three days by allergy.I claim the other week and tomorrow they send me another sensor and the envelopes to return the one that has been three days.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
01/25/2016 1:32 p.m.

Well, they are perfect even after entering the sauna as I have already commented on another thread, when I get bad (I hope I don't) I will put it here ..

@OSCARELGATO, I understand that you put it in the back of the arm as the Abbott's without touching (triceps "muscle") and so on.I do not know, there are few possibilities, or bad placement of the sensor or the sensor is screwed .. the other one that occurs to me is that your capillary glucometer is the one that has been spoiled but it is the rarest but not impossible ..

All the best

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/25/2016 1:51 p.m.

I do not know if the readings will be well correctly, I think so, but lately I get a lot '' a mistake has happened with the test `` and call the nose that, many times that comes out and I do not know exactly why, do youShould I change it for another brand?because I no longer know if trusting me ..

afrifeernandz's profile photo
afrifeernandz
01/25/2016 2:49 p.m.

I am using my second sensor of the year and the truth is that I am surprised by its accuracy with the capillary, when I have the stable glucose the measurements are practically the same, now that you comment on this in the next sensors I will be more attentive.
All the best

lemurdiabético's profile photo
lemurdiabético
01/25/2016 9 p.m.

Joeeeeé with the title @oscarelgato, you had already scared me, hehehe

Well, seriously, from this fall the sensors always give me more than the capillary but not to the extreme that you comment.I speak of 30-40-50 more although sometimes it almost nailed it.

Now this happens to me, but before I practically came out very close measurements between the free and the capillary (since they started selling it, that is about a year)

Maybe they are paranoia mine but there have to be manufactured sensors in different ways to experiment until they find the most perfect.I comment because a few months ago the reader does not recognize me if he put the strips for the capillary.I took the opportunity to comment that I comment (that the free one gave me higher levels and that I was seriously thinking about buying more sensors).Well, they sent me a replacement reader and also a sensor without having asked for it and this sensor was perfect.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/25/2016 11:54 p.m.

Hello!!The truth that we have had to return a few and even the reader have had to replace us.On each occasion that a sensor has been broken or that it has not worked for us, they have asked us to send it to us.The truth is that I care little if they doubt my word that it does not work, after all we leave a paste in each sensor.I guess what @joseludi says that they try and we are your test laboratory.In the last return the girl who attended me asked me how long we had been using the system and told her that practically one year and she ratified it, with which after all that expense they can do the wave well ....

Enma's profile photo
Enma
01/26/2016 11:11 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

Fuck!
If there are many people who feel cheated with the sensor.

Me too, I came to think that they were paranoia mine.

Today I have received an ABBOTT mail, after the complaint that I asked them for the remittance of the failed sensor, informing me that they will not send it to me under any concept.
I think they have accumulated many complaints and cannot replace them with everyone.Since it is also a large loss of money for the company.
But of course, and us?patients?Who takes care of our economic losses?!
I, from now on, do not buy your sensors again.They seem to be doing them in China.With all about the country and its people.

OscarelGato's profile photo
OscarelGato
01/26/2016 12:52 p.m.

The day21 I made the claim of sensors and today they have already sent me a new one.I have no complaint.Well I have one, that produces allergy and I think I will not use them.I have that bad luck: ((. But despite everything I recommend trying.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
01/26/2016 1:20 p.m.

I understand that everyone is placed where those of Abbot advise (back of the arm but without being in the "hard" or "muscle" part of the triceps) because nobody answers ...: D

I will someday try the sensor elsewhere but under my responsibility, if I give me readings of +/- 100 I will not say that the sensor is wrong ...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/26/2016 2:42 p.m.

sigsauer said:
...: d

I will someday try the sensor elsewhere but under my responsibility, if I give me readings of +/- 100 I am not going to say that the sensor is wrong ...

It is in the triceps where it is placed, another thing is that it is "hard" the thing or not, each one is each, hehehe (one says that it is not a gyms)

You can also try on the thighs, I have tried 2 sensors with very different results: the first one lasted a week and the second one month ago I lasted the 14 days.Anyway, I personally feel more comfortable with the sensor in the arm

DiabetesForo
01/26/2016 7:53 p.m.

Yes, if @joseludi what I mean is that if you place it right in the muscle, the part that when you put your arm in tension becomes harder, I do not know if although it is very key, the results will be good.I try to put it behind the triceps in the softer or greasy part:@)

The next I want to try it in the upper buttock, buttock, ass .... more than anything thinking about hair ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/26/2016 10:08 p.m.

sigsauer said:
yes, if @joseludi what I mean is that if you put it right in the muscle, the part that when you put your arm in tension becomes harder, I don't knowIf although it is well key, the results will be good.I try to put it behind the triceps in the softer or greasy part:@)

The next I want to try it in the upper part of the buttock, buttock, ass .... more than anything thinking about hair ..

In the thigh I shave the area before.In the part that you say you may have to be careful when putting and getting the shirt out of the pants.I do not like at least for the danger of taking the sensor to the slightest carelessness

DiabetesForo
01/26/2016 10:45 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.