Downing at dawn

afrifeernandz's profile photo   01/25/2016 3:09 p.m.

Hello, well, I tell you .. A couple of months ago, I was on vacation in Mojácar a weekend, and the Saturday morning I remember that I woke up and my little brother told me something, I don't know what, and I went back to sleep.When I was aware I was with a great anxiety, shouting, and with many doctors around mine trying to get into an ambulance ... I became aware when I was arriving at the hospital, I had suffered a hypoglycemia around 30mg, it is seen that I got up and got rid of, giving me with the comfortable in my face and annoying my hip .. a total chaos, and the night before, I want to remember, I had a good and when I went to bed, I had glucose well, although from there I get much less insulin.But a month after, the same thing happened at home.I did not have dinner, but I had the glucose to more than 130 before bed, and the next day the same, surrounded by doctors, was on the floor with seizures (and foam by mouth) with glucose at 36. I lowered the Lantus, 40 of 40At 30 and for the moment it has not happened to me again .. but this last week I am waking up at dawn, at 5, sometimes at 3, with the sugar at 40-50, today at 5 with 42, and I layWith the sugar at 172 cenada and more than 2h had already passed since I put the insu.Why goes down so much at night?can it be because of the slow?I put it at lunchtime, maybe I should put it when I get up?

afrifeernandz's profile photo
afrifeernandz
01/25/2016 3:09 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Get the lantus until you see that because of your physical activity, studies etc. Do not have many hypos or many hypeglycemia, I know that it is very easy to say it and difficult to control but most diabetics get too much basal insulin (Lantus-Levemir) by default.As an example, I have been getting so well, Lantus's 30-35There will always be seasons that you need something else.

All the best

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
01/25/2016 3:43 p.m.

I will download it a little more and see how it goes!@sigsauer

afrifeernandz
01/25/2016 5:34 p.m.

@Afrifeernandz totally agreed with @sigsauer.

Once you do not have hypos, even if you are a little higher than normal, already seeing that it is stable and there is a tendency in general to repeat figures at certain times, you can correct the fast you need every hour in the meals with moreease.Whatever everything and reviewing you can get it !!But patience that is not done in two days, do not despair if you see that you are not perfect at the beginning!

If you start with hypos, you eat to trace, and in the end you end up with rebounds that make you again with hyper ... and in the end you no longer know if you are in a Noria or a roller coaster, but this is how it is difficult to get it right whereUP OR DOWN DOSE.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
01/25/2016 6:18 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

The lantus is well regulated when you get up almost as you go to bed. It is not easy, but you are low from 130 to 30, it is too much,
Maybe you get on Lantus and you lack quickly.
The dose of Lantus is usually similar to the sum of rapid dose ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/25/2016 6:40 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
the lantus is well regulated when you get up almost as you go to bed. It is not easy, but you are low from 130 to 30, it is too much, it is too much,

I add, if you are at 100 or more and you need to eat something before bed so that it does not give you a hiccup at night, it is that the lantus is high.As @regina says you have to get a curve as flat as possible of basal blood glucose (in Christian, get up as you go to you).

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
01/26/2016 1:54 a.m.

Hello!!

Do you put it at night?
I was paid the same and if I put it at night, the endocrine that suggested that I put it in the morning when I got up and it has not happened to me again

lauriki's profile photo
lauriki
01/26/2016 8:41 a.m.

Hemo (8/2016):5% - Dexcom G4 - Novorapid Penfill + Toujeo

Africehernandz said:
hello, well I tell you .. A couple of months ago, I was on vacation in mojácar a weekend, and the Saturday morning I remember that I woke up and my little brotherHe told me something, I don't know what, and I went back to sleep.When I was aware I was with a great anxiety, shouting, and with many doctors around mine trying to get into an ambulance ... I became aware when I was arriving at the hospital, I had suffered a hypoglycemia around 30mg, it is seen that I got up and got rid of, giving me with the comfortable in my face and annoying my hip .. a total chaos, and the night before, I want to remember, I had a good and when I went to bed, I had glucose well, although from there I get much less insulin.But a month after, the same thing happened at home.I did not have dinner, but I had the glucose to more than 130 before bed, and the next day the same, surrounded by doctors, was on the floor with seizures (and foam by mouth) with glucose at 36. I lowered the Lantus, 40 of 40At 30 and for the moment it has not happened to me again .. but this last week I am waking up at dawn, at 5, sometimes at 3, with the sugar at 40-50, today at 5 with 42, and I layWith the sugar at 172 cenada and more than 2h had already passed since I put the insu.Why goes down so much at night?can it be because of the slow?I put it at lunchtime, maybe I should put it when I get up?

Belenes's profile photo
Belenes
02/07/2016 8:46 p.m.

I had several episodes like yours last year and that's why I decided to buy the Glucose Meter of the ABBOTT House, Navigator II, but for now it is not yet sold in Spain.
Although I also have the Free Style and although it does not have alarm system, it also is worth it, although my whistled glyph is not also like the other.I advise you to look at a meter that I think is now in Spain
I have asked for information at the moment I only know what was called Dexcom G5

Belenes's profile photo
Belenes
02/07/2016 8:49 p.m.

Now I am putting the slow in the morning, but it turns out that I have been with the sugar around 200 and Fuuuu, fasting to 160 or so, it will be because I will lower my rule or nose, I will continue to prove

afrifeernandz
02/07/2016 9:06 p.m.

Upload a Lantus unit ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/07/2016 10:26 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Surely the lantus is very fair to cover 24 hours ..., you will do better the threeiba ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/07/2016 10:29 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.