7 things about diabetes that you might not know (a positive vision)

fer's profile photo   02/19/2016 11:02 p.m.

Diabetes is a metabolic disorder that consists of the high presence of blood glucose.The consequence of this excess blood sugar can lead to multiple diseases such as retinopathy (retina lesions).As always, a way of living with this disease is to lead a healthy life, exercise, follow a balanced diet, and maintain strict control of our body.If you want to know some curiosities about this disease, keep reading, because these 7 points will surprise you.

1.There are more diabetics than redheads

As we have already told you, there are 415 million diabetics worldwide, which is equivalent to almost 6% of the world's population, while redheads represent less than 1% of the population.Yes, you are more likely to have a relative, friend, neighbor or diabetic couple than to meet a redhead, so it begins to pay more attention to this important disease.

2.They have the most faithful friends

Being a friend of a diabetic means knowing your pathology perfectly and helping you feel comfortable in any situation.Within the strict schedules that a person with diabetes carries, the people who accompany him are a fundamental part, either breakfast at the same time or reminding them that they have a glucose control.

3.The dog is his ideal pet

Recent studies have shown that a trained dog can prevent hypoglycemia before the person begins to show her symptoms.Several people with diabetes had observed that their pets altered in a strange way just before they suffered a hypoglycemia attack.Science also observed this curious behavior and discovered that after several training sessions, a dog could predict an attack without its owner showing the typical symptoms.

4.Travel without problems

The idea that being diabetic you cannot travel, it is part of the past.Nothing like following the fixed routines, carrying a control of the disease and following the advice of your health professionals, will make the only obstacle choose destiny.

5.It has its own day

Yes, November 14 is World Diabetes Day.In addition, events such as Experience Day diabetes recently celebrated in Madrid help to raise awareness about this disease, to educate a little more to those who do not know it closely and to present new advances in this sector.Great laboratories such as Abbott, collaborate with these types of events to show diabetics and family all innovations that are developed in this field.

6.Aces of the numbers

The constant contact with figures, calculations, percentages, etc.They make people with diabetes have very good capacity for mathematics.

7.Glucose monitoring flash system

There are currently systems such as the Abbott glucose monitoring flash system, which can be used in children from 4 years, and consists of a sensor attached to the back of the arm that measures the levels of glucose day and night by means of a scan.

fer's profile photo
fer
02/19/2016 11:02 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Surely there are more .. they are very handsome and very ready :))

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/21/2016 2:54 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

And if you are damabetics and redhead is already milk !!!!=)

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
02/21/2016 9:48 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

:)) :)) :))

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/21/2016 2:02 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Well, it must be true, I do not know any ugly diabetic (at least type 1), Ji Ji !!

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/21/2016 10:39 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

: \ "> ;;)

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
02/21/2016 11:05 p.m.

A too "positive" vision for me, I'm going to give mine ...

1.There are more diabetic than redhead
Very interesting fact ..

2.They have the most faithful friends
Being a friend of a diabetic means to perfectly know your pathology and help you feel comfortable in any situation.Within the strict schedules that a person with diabetes carries, the people who accompany him are a fundamental part, either breakfast at the same time or reminding them that they have a glucose control..

In my life I have seen that.All my friends have passed a lot when I told you that it was diabetic.Well first they hallucinate, then they forget.20 years later they still don't know anything about diabetes, although they have explained them a lot of times.

3.The dog is his ideal pet
The smell of dogs produces nausea.

4.Travel without problems
The idea that being diabetic you cannot travel, it is part of the past.Nothing like following the fixed routines, carrying a control of the disease and following the advice of your health professionals, will make the only obstacle choose destiny.

According to my experience, diabetes has removed all the grace for trips, I am thinking about blood sugar all the time, I have been walking without looking at my sugar, in insulin, in the next food, pff what torture...

5.They have their own day
Like fools.

6.Aces of the numbers
The constant contact with figures, calculations, percentages, etc.They make people with diabetes have very good capacity for mathematics.

Another stupidity.I was doing engineering when it came and very difficult for me to concentrate for long periods of time.Is it like having a WhatsApp application on the head that continually asks you for attention (how will I be? It is worth clicking? It is worth studying?) And is it removed to the other things.

7.Glucose monitoring flash system
There are currently systems such as the ABBOTT glucose monitoring flash system, which can be used in children from the age of 4, and consists of a sensor attached to the back of the arm that measures the levels of glucose day day and nightby scanning.

They forget that you have to wear a needle constantly stuck in the skin that in my case was very annoying, it is quite expensive and failed more than a fair shotgun.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
02/22/2016 4:11 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Sherpa41, =)), I started with you., Although the engineering was a shame,., You would have embroidered. You are in time, huh ??
My daughter is finishing architecture now, seeing if she already presents the final project, which is being eternalized ... but diabetes did not distract anything, because it started with this from a very young age and is already her routine.Some advantage had to have ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/22/2016 4:38 a.m.

@Sherpa41 :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

fer's profile photo
fer
02/22/2016 7:54 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

You are very big all !!!!hahahaha.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/22/2016 10:43 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Is it true that there are more diabetics than redheads ???In the school of my children there are several red-haired children but I think they are more diabetics .....:

Enma's profile photo
Enma
02/22/2016 1:08 p.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

Sherpa41, how good someone tells the truth about the Diabètes !!!!Because reality is that !!!but, it would not be a disease but an idilic life !!!!I adhere in all your comments and Bravo, Bravo, Ani>: D <

ani's profile photo
ani
02/22/2016 7:27 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.