{'en': "Tattoos (tattoo's) for diabetes", 'es': "Tatuajes (Tattoo's) por la diabetes"} Image

Tattoos (tattoo's) for diabetes

fer's profile photo   11/18/2016 6:05 p.m.

Two representatives of Michigan insulin bombs do not be ashamed to show the world that they have type 1 diabetes, so much that they have literally injected ink into their arms to demonstrate it.

Kelly Mann and Mark Walsh proudly carry the tattoos of diabetes on behalf of the Disbetics Community of the Detroit area.Both are proud of their tattoo and are spreading the news that a tattoo is not a taboo for people living with diabetes.

Kelly and Mark, who currently work for Tandem Diabetes Care, are part of a growing group in that part of Michigan that remains in contact and has regular diabetic meetings (D-Meetups).

"This seems to be a growing trend," says Mark, who was diagnosed 32 years ago when he was 6 years old and has had a diabetes tattoo for almost two years.

"I think many people have thought about getting one, but maybe they have only resisted for some reason, until they see more people with them, and know that they are fine."

Of course, the issue can be controversial, since even with modern treatments today there is still a sense of "that cannot be done" when it comes to diabetes and tattoos.

But that is a myth, which seems to be disappearing as more people put on their tattoo and show it to the world.

We have seen all kinds of tattoos, from a teenager in Michigan, to the columnist Will Dubois, who has a medical alert tattoo in his own forearm.

You can see many more tattoos here: Link
Is this a trend that will reach everywhere?

fer's profile photo
fer
11/18/2016 6:05 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

uff if they did not fear my punctures I made one !!!!

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/18/2016 10:54 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

There, proudly showing the disease that tortures them.

I can't imagine someone with HIV tattooed on their forehead.But diabetics are special for everything.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
11/19/2016 1:15 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well .. I have one, and it is not that I am "proud" of being a sick one who is focusing you, but rather as a lifestyle.Thus and in this way, I can cope with much better this that has fallen ... and forgive that I tell you ... I do not think that comparing an HIV with diabetes is very suitable ....

SOFIASTEFANIDIS's profile photo
SOFIASTEFANIDIS
11/19/2016 10:40 a.m.

Here you have mine ...

SOFIASTEFANIDIS
11/19/2016 10:42 a.m.

@Sofiastefanidis I have removed my previous comment, since reading it could be misunderstood, so I also clarify, it seems good to me that each one does what they want, the tattoo is an option like another, I personally carry a braceletOf those of sanitary warning with QR code (Codylife), in general I do not show it with pride, but I don't hide either.

I understand that normalizing diabetes, in the manner, is good for everyone, and if it is with tattoos, it already seems good (although I do not have one, and I would not put on).

I see this as the issue of putting the insulin in public or not, when I was in a restaurant, if I had to put it on, at first I always went to the WC, now I don't even get up from the table, I put it on and period.

Anyway, apologize if it had bothered you!

fer's profile photo
fer
11/19/2016 11:03 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Your comment has not bothered me Fer, but for example comparing this with an HIV ... I already tell you that there are infinitely worse things that maybe, when you touch something else is when you come to realize ... yes, it is a whoreBeing diabetic but it is not for your life to stop ... Seriously, I do not want to seem stupid or the carpe diem stick or want to say that I am happy being diabetic .. but you have to become aware and see things objectively.It is an opinion that I have my days bad ...

SOFIASTEFANIDIS
11/19/2016 11:18 a.m.

@Arotorias you already know that we are strange some hahaha.I was not afraid of the needles, hahaha, hahaha.
I do not say that I never do it because I am very hot on this subject, you know that I do not like anyone knowing that I am diabetic, hahaha.Come on, it looks clearly when I carry the equipment, I have to think about making it in the neck or blue rounds in lobulo of the ear and neck.Or a warrior syringe.
Come !!!Hey but record that I am happy for nothing to be diabetic.I am happy for what I do and this is already, and I am not always, because the ostias that I hit sometimes are not soft.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/19/2016 11:44 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

M would never make a tattoo showing that I have diabetes.I have no problem saying that I have diabetes, but I could never like a seal, symbol, or whatever.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
11/19/2016 5:31 p.m.

@anaisabel This issue has to have for all tastes.
It is like letting the bomb look or not, click in public or not, let the sensors look or not, each one we are deferens, we must all think that the other is not the same, such as when a doctor hooks a book andgives us your solution thinking that we are mates
I am not happy to be diabetic or around, hopefully they will invent something already really and they will stop nonsense of closed handle pumps that are worthless, because we have no insulin of immediate action or real mcg and instantly, andWhile that does not happen are commercial work what Medtronic does to sell more.
Look, I imagine that you will have seen some of my equipment, the new ones that tomorrow premiere in a 14 kmson cross the new design are a more songs, I am not happy to be diabetic, which I am happy when I pass through a goal arcBecause I have achieved it, when I lazy in the tests I look at the equipment and I take strength from where there is not thinking about all the people who encourage me to fight and do what I have not done in so many years.
If I would like to make me a tattoo, but to make me want to fight in moments of laziness.
And if I can encourage a fellow to wear some shoes I would be happy.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/19/2016 6:50 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Trends that escape reason.For my part I do not consider a pride to take it as a brand for life.But everyone expresses their positions differently.

Very good for them if that's what fills them.

Greetings.

BoomerBuzz's profile photo
BoomerBuzz
07/27/2017 12:25 a.m.

A question.Why from the blue circle?
Is it the symbol of diabetes or something?
Regarding whether you can or cannot, I believe that if you have no healing problems you can do it, but if you heal badly I would not do it, it is still a wound until he hesates.I have, but I made them before being diabetic and I am about to make myself more, since I have no healing problems.

Raulgc's profile photo
Raulgc
07/27/2017 7:04 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1.
Debut en 2002 con 23 años.
Medtronic 640g
Freestyle libre.
Última hemo 6,3.
Hipotiroidismo.

@"Raulgc", is the symbol of diabetes.The blue circle, in many cultures symbolizes health and life and blue color the sky that unites all peoples.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
07/27/2017 9:19 p.m.

Topic with varied opinions ... Personally I would not make a tattoo, but not indicating that I am diabetic or any other style ... I love, but in another person's body, the pain that passes while they do it does notCompensate!ha ha ha.
I am with @"Sofiastfanidis", we cannot compare diabetes with HIV, or with any other disease ... each one has its features and its peculiarities ...
I think part of the comments are focused on the "pride" of being diabetic.In my case, I think it is a good option for emergency cases ... Who does not have a card, a bracelet, a pendant that indicates that we are diabetic?A tattoo is another option ...
Even so, it is not a matter of being or not being diabetic, but I feel very proud of who I am ... and diabetes is part of that essence ... They diagnosed me with 13 years and diabetes, or not to recognize it, he was part of my growth as a person ... so ... although sometimes I have my downturn and be up to the "bun" of diabetes, I also have my days of "ole you, which despite being low,High, or simply controlled you could with the challenge "...
I am one of those who think that diseases should be visible ... and I also think that, in most cases, we are the patients who make them invisible ... (I do not speak only of diabetes)
I have to tell me to ask me, is your diabetes good or bad?Is your sugar from the bad?Or, simply, to affirm: of course, you are diabetic because you would eat a lot of sweet ... it also bothers me that, when I sulked my insulin, there are people who look at me as if they were putting a dose of drugs ... but of course ...If we put barriers and "hide" our disease ... we can't ask a person who doesn't really know what diabetes is to understand ...
I do not proclaim or carry a banner that says "I am diabetic" but I do not care to say it, or share with who asks me what I carry in my arm (the freestyle sensor), if it hurts when I punish me, if I am right or bad whenI make myself a profile ... I punish wherever I am, either in a restaurant, at work or on the bus ... And if someone does not like it, then do not look and be a gossip ...

He who wears glasses is cleaned ... who hurts his head, takes an aspirin ... the one who is constipated, sneezes and sounds the snacks ... the one who has passed through chemotherapy, uses wig, orhandkerchief, or does not use anything ... the one who is diabetic, glycemia is seen and insulin is punished ...

And now ... I looked out, looked out, I lied and write a book !!!

PS: I love these issues where we can read so much variety of opinions, all of them respectable !!

SaraJim's profile photo
SaraJim
07/27/2017 11:59 p.m.

@"Sarajim" you just left me.Where you have read what you say I have said.
Reread hahaha

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/28/2017 10 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

jconegar said:
@artories you already know that we are strange some hahaha.I was not afraid of the needles, hahaha, hahaha.
I do not say that I never do it because I am very hot on this subject, you know that I do not like anyone knowing that I am diabetic, hahaha.Come on, it looks clearly when I carry the equipment, I have to think about making it in the neck or blue rounds in lobulo of the ear and neck.Or a warrior syringe.
Come !!!Hey but record that I am happy for nothing to be diabetic.I am happy for what I do and this is already, and I am not always, because the ostias that I hit sometimes are not soft.

@jconegar I apologize for my question.Indeed, I misunderstood your comment since, after reading it a couple of times, I think I understand that "you do not like anyone to know that you are diabetic" you said it with the greatest of the ironies ... I just eliminated the part of theComment where I mentioned you and, once again, apologize for my misunderstanding.All the best

SaraJim's profile photo
SaraJim
07/28/2017 10:27 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.