{'en': 'Letter to the media #NosinaclararAltipo', 'es': 'Carta a los medios de comunicación #NoSinAclararElTipo'} Image

Letter to the media #NosinaclararAltipo

fer's profile photo   11/18/2016 6:33 p.m.

It is not the first time we talk about the need to call the types of diabetes by name and surname.

On November 14 I dedicated myself to send tweets with information from each type of diabetes and every time I read;"We prevented diabetes with good nutrition," I felt that I passed out.So I wrote several answers that were ultra useful, such as;"Let's clarify, not all types of diabetes can be prevented" or "Type 1 diabetes has no direct relationship with overweight in children."

I received several very friendly messages that even requested more information and others even with supposed clinical studies that said that type 1 diabetes as well as cancer if they are preventable.I breathed and inhaled several times, and I didn't let that tarnish my plan.My Plan for the 14 of Noviembres will be to continue contributing with my singing to media, government representatives and the public in general, to gradually leave a world of more educated diabetes.

I admit that I ended up dead, but I was older my mental wear and realizing that there is so much to do.It is very tired to feel that we swim against the current because from our humble trenches we strive to be clear, precise and especially truthful in the information we share.Then you see how the big media share each nonsense and you feel that what you had advanced will be lost for a tweet.

And so this letter arises that together with Mariana Gómez we write, to try to send our message to the media and anyone who needs it.The letter resides in families with diabetes and together with it we have created some key messages (below) that we ask you help us to share.

We will use the hashtag #NosinaclararAltipo as a way of letting know that it is not diabetes and now, and we will also use #LasDiabetes because we know that there is more than one type and all require education and importance.

Do you join this effort?We want to contribute and generate necessary changes to our community.

To read the letter click here
Key messages

Let's use the complete names of the types of diabetes.They share name but their causes and handles are different.#NosinaclaraLtipo #lasdiabetes

The #Diabetestipo1 has an autoimmune origin.It has no overweight relationship and obesity

The #DiabetEstipo2 cannot always be prevented but modifications in our lifestyle can help us delay and prevent its #NosinaclararAltipo #lasdiabetes appearance

In #Diabetestipo1 the body does not produce insulin.In #Diabetestipo2 the production of this hormone is insufficient or of poor quality #NosinClararAltipo #lasdiabetes

Prevention programs must include the full name because the #diabety1 cannot be prevented #NosinaclararAltipo #lasdiabetes

The different types of diabetes would not be the first cause of death to provide treatments in a timely manner

Let's be clear when creating notes on #LasDiabetes Providing correct information makes us change agents Compartamos Info #NosinaclararAltipo

Talking about #LasDiabetes without clarifying the type only leads to incomplete confusion and information, they are #type1 or #type2 #NosinaclararAltipo

Not all #lasdiabetes are the same, or their causes.Let's not generalize #NosinaclararAltipo

Source: Jaime-dulceguerrero.com/carta-los-medios-comunicacion-osinaclararltipo/

fer's profile photo
fer
11/18/2016 6:33 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

To my tb I croring my nerves to see the news and come to talk about diabetes focused on type 2 ... so I turned off the TV and dedicated myself to reading the forum;-P

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
11/19/2016 4:17 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It is a lost battle, many times they get even to health professionals.

The problem is that the two "diabetes" should not be called since they have nothing to do with their origin, or what it does in the body, or in their treatment.

A mortal autoimmune disease without treatment, has the same name as another that is usually (not always) caused by not taking care of anything.

And so it goes.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
11/19/2016 6:17 p.m.

I agree that the media should specify the type of diabetes.
Also when they talk about possible priests and treatments without specifying it, it creates confusion, such as stomach or bariatric reduction surgery.They have used headlines such as "pioneering surgery that ends diabetes."Luckily you read the articles and explain the headline better.
This leads to the population and to create false hope hopes.I think that unfortunately it does not sell the same to clarify the type of diabetes in a headline and in health sometimes they try to reach the entire diathetic population in general and there is a lot of difference between the two types.

Pinkunicorn's profile photo
Pinkunicorn
11/21/2016 6:50 p.m.

DM1 desde 2009
Lantus 23 UI 14h ahora probando Toujeo 28 UI 14h
Apidra Junior a demanda
Accu Check Aviva Expert
FreeStile Libre
Última HbA1c 6,8

But they should clearly inform that type 1 also exists, that it is autoimmune and that is presented suddenly in children.There are still pediatricians who do not diagnose in time and children enter with ketoacidosis in the ICU

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/22/2016 2:43 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Arotorias is right I would call it ... Pancreatic autoimmune failure (fap what is everything summarized) what do you think?

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
11/22/2016 7:36 a.m.

Autoimmune in singular

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
11/22/2016 7:37 a.m.

I was seeing a lady who said she cured the diabetes, I started to rant and my boyfriend told me that if I knew more than the doctor .... Of course!

I want them not to lie, there is no cell regeneration for diabetes mellitus 1.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/22/2016 9:45 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.