{'en': 'How to cope with glucose dowers?', 'es': 'Como sobrellevar los bajones de glucosa?'} Image

How to cope with glucose dowers?

Andresito's profile photo   02/04/2016 3:08 p.m.

Hello, how are you?

I hope very well, I am not so much.

My question is: they will have already in the title of the post ... how to cope the glucose declines?

And I do not mean how many hydrates ingest, or after how long to measure myself or anything like that.

Yesterday I had a downturn and it was the worst that I had, hunger but I could not, dizziness, and all that, you know.

It is so difficult for me to contain my desire to eat.They saw the Hannibal Lecter movie where man is tied to not move?Thus I have to tie myself so as not to sweep everything in the fridge.

Apart from that, I don't know if it happens to you or maybe it's just my thing.It's like at that time diabetes passes me, "so you were carrying good values ​​and leading a normal life? Well you have a downturn to remember me," I get a depression of shit and I don't get out of it until the otherday, it leaves me mentally weak.

I know that there is no magical pill to cure in a second the symptoms of the hypo, but perhaps someone happened to him and somehow he knows how to cope better than me.

Thank you!

Andresito's profile photo
Andresito
02/04/2016 3:08 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Pufff ... is complicated ... I don't have diabetes but I suspect that insulin resistance (I'm aware of confirming it), and those desire to get a dirt of sweets is very difficult to stop ....
I try to take infusions, or eat things that do not have carbohydrates .... but I don't always get it ... In fact, I'm always hungry ..... even though I're 5 times a day ...
Happy, remove from your sight breads, sweets, chocolates .... or at least put them in a little at your fingertips, or put a note of "Do not touch it !! You can !!"Or something like that .....

magi's profile photo
magi
02/04/2016 3:32 p.m.

It is that only once I ate in a downturn, my first downturn, I didn't know anything about diabetes, after that, but it costs too much, I get an anxiety, I don't feel like doing anything else, I don't feel likeDoing anything I love to do always do is like a vicious circle, I wantnothing else.This is shit

Andresito's profile photo
Andresito
02/04/2016 3:37 p.m.

At the beginning of having diabetes I also swept everything that had sugar in the fridge, but then I decided to always have cans of sugary drinks of all kinds and before a low take only one of the one that I felt most and now.

The dowers only leave me screwed when I have been in hypoglycemia for a long time.Then, I stayed dust for a few hours ..

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
02/04/2016 4:35 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@Sherpa41yo would not have better defined what a can of Coca Cola "cans of sugary drinks of all kinds" ...;)

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/04/2016 7:28 p.m.

Sometimes I have asymptomatic hypos and I so much notice because I see everything black, all negative a little like depred.And also yawn.I take glucose to rise quickly and everything returns to normal.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/04/2016 9:49 p.m.

sigsauer said:
@sherpa41yo would not have better defined what a can of Coca Cola "cans of sugary drinks of all kinds" ...;)

Coca-colas, gaps, milkshakes, horchatas .... Coca Cola is usually the best but if you get off at night, you feel better a cocoa shake or if it is in summer a horchata.A diabetic should have all that always in his fridge.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
02/04/2016 11:20 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

If there is a "magical" pill to cure in seconds the symptoms of a hiccup, it is called Glucosport.It is pure glucose and you go up like a shot.But I prefer to drink "sugary drinks of all kinds"

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
02/05/2016 12:52 a.m.

I take gluc up15 flavor lemon for when he is a nice downturn.They are 1.5 portions.And when it is something light I carry in my pocket of the original Werthers candy that are individually embasted and do not spoil in my pocket.2 are 1 ration

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/05/2016 8:56 p.m.

Looking at what I bought today for sport, but let's go this great for the day to Dia Superonomico and they are a bomb, with 100 grs I think I would make a marathon hahaha.
The weight is 100 gr, almost 6 rations of HC of rapidomal abortion and 7 rations in total and by 1.87 the box.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/05/2016 10:21 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@jconegar, jellylas I also have at work for when I am there 70-80 and I can not stop to eat something, I eat 2-3 jelly and pull, it's my daily whim

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/06/2016 12:16 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I always carry two glucup 15 and sugar envelopes ... but that does not avoid the bad time with the descent, yes, it recovers great.;)

fer's profile photo
fer
02/06/2016 1:07 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I also fer but I spend many for sport and it is a ruin.
Tomorrow I try in a trail to see the sweets as they go.
I do not have dowers for the Dexcom but you go down if there are continuing, I need to prevent them.
The Gluc Up are my ruin I buy 300 in 300 online to get them at a price but they are very clear, I cannot bear it well.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/06/2016 1:20 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

For us, having low values, these things go great but, have you stopped to think about the poor children (without diabetes), the shit they get? ... I think that certain "food" would have to be worthGold price, to discourage its consumption.

I am sorry for children, I can't help it ...

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
02/06/2016 3:14 p.m.

jconegar said:
... the glyc up are my ruin I buy 300 in 300 online to get them at price but they are charis, I can not bear it well.

300? !!, my mother!, If it is a ruin!, I take them for when I see that the descent is serious, so even the savings if I can!$-) :)) :)) :))

I wonder if they will make discounts by volume, maybe it is worth putting together a few and making a big request!Or with our friends from the diabetes store ... mmmm ....:-/

fer's profile photo
fer
02/06/2016 3:22 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.