{'en': 'Pros and cons insulin bombs', 'es': 'Pros y Contras bombas de insulina'} Image

Pros and cons insulin bombs

mariah14's profile photo   11/25/2016 3:52 p.m.

I would like to know, the more things the better, about the insulin bomb, especially oriented to young children (mine is 3 years old).

I hear a lot that improves the quality of life, which stabilizes glucose levels, etc ... but if everything is good ... xq do it difficult to give them ??

I speak to me about the peelibro of not having basal insulin (Lantus) and fast climbing and then I also see that they do not want to handle it in school being complex (but well other things are more easy and do not do them either ...

Tell me experiences !!

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
11/25/2016 3:52 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I will also make all your experiences great.My daughter did not love her, and now she has told me yes, although I have it easier than @Mariah14, a girl of 3 as one of 14 like mine is not the same.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
11/25/2016 4:09 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

The cost of giving them is for different issues:
- Very high economic cost to maintain them, that do not deceive you that they cost a lotYou can change pump from one month to another because the hospital with laboratory for a certain time acquires a commitment, except for example the case of Medtronic that if you change if you put the MCG.
- All people are not patients for pump or adequate for many people
- Lack of training by hospitals professionals

Surely I lack many points.

The bomb gives a quality of life when you control it for being able to play with the storms and be able to have different basal throughout the day, it is not easy either to get good adjustments, the storms help much for times of variability

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/25/2016 4:23 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

The pump gives you more flexibility than feathers, it gives you more tools but they are only useful if you use them, different types of bowling and the possibility of correcting with minimal amounts of insulin 0.1 IU, with the feathers the minimum is 0.5 IU and in theCase of children with little need for insulin is a great change.
As for the handling at school, I would never let anyone handle my son at school, it seems too risk.

fjf's profile photo
fjf
11/27/2016 3:12 p.m.

@FJF the school I referred to whether you have to be continuously programming the pump or correcting according to values ​​or can you leave it in advance, what do you think is so?But as we know that this glucose is very variable and more in young children what one day works for the next one may not, so my doubts, although it is clear that being able to correct with 0.1 IU must be a joy

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
11/27/2016 3:41 p.m.

mariah14 said:
@fjf the school I referred to whether you have to be continuously programming the pump or correcting according to values ​​or can you leave it scheduled beforehand, what do you think is like that?But as we know that this glucose is very variable and more in young children what one day works to the next one may not, so my doubts, although it is clear that being able to correct with 0.1 IU must be a joy

That's right, the basal is programmed in advance and is modified according to the needs but not daily, but in each meal the pump is manipulated to put the bolus or to correct hyperglycemia that is not programmed.

fjf's profile photo
fjf
11/28/2016 6:42 a.m.

Well, it's not better, I should go with a bomb, such a small child had to have left the hospital with her, my son is 3 years old.

I could not the bomb for me, but for my son he does not have a better solution, he eats the rations he wants, one day 3 a day 5 and the bomb calculates the insulin to put, and puts it very tight, as they tell youIt puts dose of up to 0.1 very useful when they are with 170-180.It gives a lot of flexibility of rations and schedules.

I will not hide you that has its inconveniences, sometimes bubbles are made, they have an apparatus always on top, etc.But for your age it is the best option do not hesitate.

Do not give them because they suppose a lot of cost, for learning to handle it, do not give you bad, in two days you learn.And that of the peaks .... Let's see we always do peaks, they do not carry slow but have a quick that enters them little by little and makes slow basal.

The bolis buy you (slow and fast), and the bomb give it to you, the patches give them, the reservoirs give them to you, and the only thing you buy is fast insulin, you realize what it supposes to the SSa bomb?
A package of reservoirs about € 100 patches are 65, the prick 30, and the bomb because that no longer, your daughter will need 3 boxes of reservoirs plus 3 of patches, that every 3 months, and some month they will still have to have to youGiving some more pq box sometimes the kids are not fastened well or removed.
That is why they are so reluctant to give them.

And in school it is more complicated to give it downs, because at that time you can indicate to the machine that does not put insulin or that passes % less than normal, so that it comes well to eat without low.Everything is programmed beforehand, teachers do not have to touch it at all.

Do not hesitate to put it on.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
11/28/2016 10:26 a.m.

Thank you very much @Anzazuleg if it were ... I will insist more this time and taking advantage that, as I think, it will have uploaded it by the uncontrol that had mostly at the beginning of the course ...
I do not say the peaks for the food but becauseI think that was noticed quickly and more having the free to measure it every little.
Anyway, thank you very much for the opinions and continue fighting !!

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
11/28/2016 4:08 p.m.

If you fight for a bomb asks to see which one does less bubbles, which are the calvary of many people

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/28/2016 4:31 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

hello again!!We already had the revision with my daughter's endocrine and comment on the bomb and, to my surprise, he told me that he left it to our choice, but that we value the pros and cons (which can be bubble or leave the canula,that maybe when you are in school according to the value you have at lunch, you haveI invention if knowing how to use well and it is not easy to find the correct guideline, I have also read that they give more downs ... and tb thinking about it because my daughter does not let me put the insulin in the gut never, so I don't know how the chicken would beParea change the catheter ... But of course, I want a better control of your diabetes (last we have 6.9, I thought it would be worse, because it has roller mountains ...) but I don't know if it will be the ideal candidate ...
Help decide, please !!

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
12/15/2016 4:51 p.m.

Ah and another thing that I value is the issue of the continuous meter connected to the pump (which I see a great idea to avoid hypos) but of course I know it is expensive ... now it carries the free freestyle that although it is not the panacea helps and alreadyI "cost" to pay 60 euros every 14 days ... (mostly for the salaries we have not for not giving well -being to my daughter, eye)

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
12/15/2016 4:53 p.m.

Good @Mariah14 the pump requests it, the "inconvenience" of changing the team every three days can change it for the advantages of drowning punctures pass 15 to 1 every three days.If it costs to get the guidelines and calculate sensibilities, ratios ... but it is at first, although from time to time you have to adjust some basal stretch.
You are paying € 120 per month for the Free, the bomb that I carry makes you a promotion of € 200 per month, that is already a thing of each one.But since I spend the money prefer something to let me know about the hypos.I only have a bomb that I ask that I let me try the continuous meter that I have not tried either, but if they let me try and convince me when I can I pillo the promotion of MCG that is cheaper than a mortgage and that is what I alreadyI have fought.Your daughter's hay is not so bad either, it could be better or worse, I go from 8.8 to 6.7 now I have 6.2 or 6.4.
The dowers being more to the limit of normoglycemia because it is more likely to be given but it does not have.
I put it in the gut but I have seen children who carry it in the culete.
My experience that does not take it away from me, and wishing to pay me the MCG.O to finance it.
By the way I had to learn to count factions and to raise awareness to make me more hair glycemia.

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
12/15/2016 5:51 p.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

So the MCG of Medtronic are € 200 per month?

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
12/18/2016 8:59 a.m.

I have also read that in the MCG of Medtronic you have to buy the glycemia strips that are € 45 the 50 box for capillary controls ... Does those do not give them the SS?

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
12/18/2016 9:15 a.m.

@"Mariah14" I don't know if € 200 or € 220 with VAT.Let's see if any partner can confirm you.
If you use Bayer's contour (and its strips) the good thing is that it sends the pump calibration automatically.If not, you have to put your hand in the bomb.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
12/18/2016 9:27 a.m.

When they put the pump they change to the strips used by the glycometer compatible with the pump, but that must be so for all the pump marks. Although you can continue using the one you have but you lose the comfort of communication between the pump and theglucometer, and put the measures by hand in the pump.They changed my bomb and sent the glucometer home because we were several and it was at first and they had not reached them, the one that had before was the only thing that did not communicate. The price of McG does not know if it is with VAT orWithout him, when I will put it if I do it, I will find out.
The promotion is called "let act" putting "let me act Medtronic" in Googl and

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
12/18/2016 10:28 a.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.