AID.Bubbles and foam pump Medtronic

Leticia21's profile photo   11/28/2016 12:29 p.m.

Hello.I have been with the bomb and I am very happy, but the theme of bubbles surpasses me ... I don't know how to do it now.I have even had an episode of ketosis.
I do everything that doctors have indicated to me when making the reservoir change and I have also read the thread in the Medtronic Bomb forum and I have taken ideas of what they comment.
I use the insulin at room temperature taken days before even, move the reservoir from topI stay very small stuck, a kind of foam and I can't eliminate them at all.I don't know if you can see well in the photos attached ...
I have read to wear it hanging upside down and that is what I do ... but still I usually find small bubbles.
I would like to know your techniques or some advice that you can give me so that this is not always present.
Thank you

Leticia21's profile photo
Leticia21
11/28/2016 12:29 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @Leticia21 I recommend that you read this topic, I think I could help you, do not hesitate to comment there too what you need!;)

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
11/28/2016 12:32 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Fer the bubble theme was pending, if you read the thread you will see that the themes were changing.They have not managed to remove them, I speak for usual of that thread that confirm that every day they have to remove them.

It was I who has told @Leticia21 opened a new thread so that people saw him to see if someone has seen any effective remedy for this issue.

My opinion is to leave this new open thread as a call for bubble attention.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/28/2016 12:42 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

The theme that also comments @Leticia21 are bubbles that are stuck.
Let's see if any user could a new opinion.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/28/2016 12:43 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Thanks for the clarification @jconegar, we continue with this topic!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
11/28/2016 12:45 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hello good!!That specific issue was open to me and today I continue with the same problem, I make it almost daily, the same thing is the same as @Leticia21 a kind of foam bubble is formed when loading, attached photo.
I have done the same as her, always bombing looking down, insulin was at least one day before ... At the moment I am tracing and saving the subject, but after a year and a half with a bomb, that a Roche nurse came exclusivelyTo look at how, to rule out that it was not a matter of charging badly, I already resigns that it is like that.:(

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
11/28/2016 2:14 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

@Leticia21 does not work always but truquis to avoid foam I have several, first avoids the maximum cartridge as possible, which sometimes does not have any other one, but when you do at least it appears as the foam of a champan glass, noI know if I explain or it is the best simile haha.
Then another thing is that once loads some air above where the foam stays and the cartridge between the palms of the hands is turning, the foam is mixed with the air and takes better off.
And I edit to add something that they already put in another post, when loading it very slowly if you use road and if it is a little bolis in little.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
11/28/2016 2:20 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Hello,

I was aware of the post a few days ago, but as you have opened the new thread, I comment here.I carry little with the bomb, just a couple of months, and I had the same problem.Modify the procedure that followed after reading the post that says @fer.I summarize how I do it:

1. After opening the reservoir, I move the embolus down and up to turn it so that the fat that the two gum joints of the piston have extends through the inside of the reservoir.

2. I connect the reservoir with the insulin pen and I load the reservoir slowly 30 in 30 units.(Before towards the change of reservoir in the morning and I think that in doing so with hurry and loading the reservoir quickly, bubbles were made).

3. In the penultimate load of the reservoir, I give some tap to unify the bubbles that have been created.Then I pushed the reservoir piston to pass the bubbles and some insulin to the pen.You have to do some strength on the piston, once the bubbles have passed to the pen we stop pushing the reservoir embolo.With this we managed to remove bubbles without wasting insulin.I suppose it is obvious, but all these steps are taken with the pen vertically and the reservoir underneath.

4. After loading the insulin I remove the pen and hit the reservoir so that the bubbles that may remain go up.I purge the bubbles that may remain.

5. With the reservoir down I Quito the adapter.

6. I connect the cannula cable to the reservoir.Yes there are still bubbles can be purged manually.

7. I make the set change following the instructions of the pump.Here, the pump always vertically and bumps (the gross) while raising the piston to the reservoir and while the tube is filled.In this step many times I see microburbujas to the tube.Stop once is the tube full of insulin without bubbles.

There are also several things about the infusion set that I wanted to comment (I use the quick-set paradigm, for the photos it seems that the reservoir is not the same as I have).

With the passage of time in the tube, white areas appear in the plastic.These areas may seem bubble but they are not.

Do not lose sight of when we see bubbles is the amount of insulin to which they are equivalent.To the gross, if the tube enter 6 units and a bubble of 1 cm has a length of 60 cm corresponds to 0.1 ud of insulin.

Another point with which I found is that in case of bubbles during use I did not know how to purge them.What I do is disconnect the body tube , remove the reservoir and do as if we made a set change.When filling the tube, we fill it until the bubbles go and when we finish we do not fill the cannula (it is already full).

Well, this is what I do.If someone is delighted.
Greetings.

Maik_dyk's profile photo
Maik_dyk
11/28/2016 2:21 p.m.

DT1 desde los 25 años, debut el 2004.
Ultima glico 5,8 (Mayo 2018)
ISCI Medtronic 640G + CGM Enlite

@Gemater I give him many coupos and I see that they leave more ... like a bottle of champagne than agitas ... just that :( what he says ... I will try not to give so many blows and take cuts of what you have commented and also theSteps that @Maik_dyk said

Leticia21
11/28/2016 2:32 p.m.

To remove the bubbles and that when the foam does not come out:
1 I do what @maik_dyk I open the reservoir and go up and under the embolo several times.
2 Squeeze the embolo and nail the pen at room temperature I have taken a few hours before.
3 I gradually carry the unit reservoir in unit.
4 Once the pen is loaded, if there is a bubble attached to the plunger, most of the time, EmbolThere is a smaller one.
5 I go back to the reservoir and take out the needle a little so that all the air can be removed and nothing is left.
6 Once the air is taken, I tap to remove the possible bubble that is stuck to the embolo.
7 With the needle taken a little as in step 5 I take out the air that has risen
8 I turn the reservoir and Quito the needle must be done so according to the instructions #Note #.
9 Connected the catheter and pushed until the insulin is advanced by the tube and amount everything in the pump.

The needle that connects the reservoir with the pen or vial does it a little because if it is thoroughly trying to take out the air there was some air left the needle being so long not mpermities to take out all the air or thatIt seemed to me.
I take out the needle just if I take it out a little more, neither air or insulin comes out.
Anyway I will look more to see if foam is foam or not because it has ever happened to me.

# Note# What to take out the coupling or deed from the reservoir backwards puts it in the instructions, and the commercial explained it when they changed the bomb, (we all did it wrong with the needle pointing up), the reason is that theReservoory has four aeration windows (this where the needle is nailed and four small squares in the reservoir block color) and they are filled with liquid (insulin) can happen that the reservoir advances alone and injected all the insulin of blow withoutthat the bomb is pushing her. I don't know if another commercial or he had seen, but I have tried the reservoirs used and has not done so, but that does not mean that it does not happen.

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
11/28/2016 7:50 p.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

Chic@s today I have made the change taking note of what you have put and it has gone much better.Practically without foam and less bubbles.Little by little I will improve it but once I have seen a difference.Thanks for your help

Leticia21
12/01/2016 1:53 p.m.

What I do is:
1_ Remove the Boligraph of the fridge 3 days before
2_ Load the reservoir aspiring insulin with the reservoir hole instead of loading it with the boligraph embolraph.
3_ I aspire and put the insulin again to the bowl by putting the air that would be to the ball.
4_ If I have to hit the bubbles of the walls, I introduce insulin in the bowl by leaving a small amount in the reservoir.So I prevent insulin from moving and forms foam.
5_ Once the reservoir is loaded, if I have a small bubble, I unscrew the reservoir embolo, I give the small dry blow with the reservoir vertically.I take off the bubble and then place the embolo and expel the bubble.This last point tries to avoid it as much as possible.
6_For the catheter I put the bomb vertically and give it strong and dry blows on my leg and at the same time I vary the angle with each blow until they stop out of bubbles.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/04/2016 8:13 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.