Type 2 diabetes surgery

Pam's profile photo   11/30/2016 4:26 p.m.

Hello!I walk here asking about the surgery that can currently be done in Spain that helps to reverse type 2 diabetes ... My interest is for my mother who suffers from it, which is not obese and that according to what I read could be a candidate!I am waiting for the tests that will send me to be done and so see whether or not it is viable in their situation ... I look for someone who has been interested in the subject or better yet, some acquaintance who has passed through the processor knew someone who has done it ....

Pam's profile photo
Pam
11/30/2016 4:26 p.m.

Madre de Alejandro de 3 años, diagnosticado en Julio de 2013
Usa la bomba de Medtronic. Insulina: Novorapid
Residimos en Viena.

Welcome to the @pam forum, the cases that I know of diabetes reversal, are of type 2 and due to serious problems of obesity, so if your mother is not, I have doubts that I can really solve the diabetes, I copy here the conditions thatThey put in the link that you have shared to be able to do the intervention, which by the way, does not seem as simple as it is supposed, since in the end it is a gastric bypass and can have complications.

When can this operation be performed?

The answer is simple, when there is still pancreatic reserve (the pancreas is not totally destroyed) that we measure through the C peptide and anti -cell antibodies.Through a blood analytics)

After several conferences and medical meetings on the subject, the first in Rome in 2009 and the last one in Los Angeles in 2010;We can say that type 2 diabetes is cured with an operation, establishing parameters that ensure the best results, these are:

- Type 2 diabetes mellitus in treatment with oral antidiabetics.
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus, insulin-dependent from less than 7 years, and difficult to control (HBA1C & GT; 8.0%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus of less than 10 years of evolution.
- Diabetic patients whose pancreas has sufficient endocrine reserve (peptide C ≥ 1 ng/ml).
- Anti-pancreatic anti-cell antibodies (Ica, IA-2, GAD 65 K).
- Patients with obesity (BMI & GT; 30 kg/m2) associated with type 2 diabetes.

fer's profile photo
fer
11/30/2016 9:44 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Pam additionally I copy you some issues that you can read and also explain the operation.

Link
Link
Link Completely-la-diabetes-tipo-2
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
11/30/2016 9:47 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Many grace Fer!I'm going to read the links that you have sent me ... Surely they help me clarify about this !!!All the best

Pam's profile photo
Pam
12/05/2016 9 p.m.

Madre de Alejandro de 3 años, diagnosticado en Julio de 2013
Usa la bomba de Medtronic. Insulina: Novorapid
Residimos en Viena.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.