Activities in summer camp, T1

jazmin253's profile photo   12/01/2016 11:42 p.m.

Excuse me if it is the wrong place!New here, I just wanted to know ideas to instill learning, in a summer camp for young people and children with type 1. Perhaps some loved one or you have participated and have heard of the games, crafts or activities that are practiced there... in panic, because I have no idea.32 years of age, and 25 with DT1.

jazmin253's profile photo
jazmin253
12/01/2016 11:42 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

where are you from?What do you need to know?Activities that we have done, ideas ... because that type of camps is for children up to 16 years.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
12/02/2016 12:13 p.m.

Yes, it happens that because of my age with the condition, the local directors of our foundation have asked me help with the ideas to teach daily care to the boys.I have the issues (Ketoacidosis recognition, moments to measure glucose, rotation of places of thought/injections, such as avoiding insulin resistance, such as recognizing and what to do when you are sick) but what activities to learn all this are usually done?For example, to rotate injection places, you could an arc and arrow game, adding points per couple or group.An average of 50/70 children and young people attend the camp.It is my 1st year as a monitor.In Latin America, I hope it is not an inconvenience to receive help ...

jazmin253
12/02/2016 2:02 p.m.

There is no need for many activities, only clear explanation.a clock can be drawn on the gut to rotate for hours., And ration tables with food photographs .., there are tablecloths that bring them ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/02/2016 4:56 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It happens that we follow the learning method through practice ... Children and young people here in 90% have not yet accepted their condition, so learning playing is the only way that works (several years ago).I do not speak of sports or athletic activities but intellectual/manual;Didactics ...

jazmin253
12/03/2016 12:56 a.m.

Maybe, unconsciously teach you something

jazmin253
12/03/2016 12:59 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.