I present myself, just diagnosed

luislov's profile photo   12/06/2016 10:42 a.m.

Hello my name is Luis I am 29 years old and I left the hospital yesterday to be admitted for my diabetic debut.

Right now it is costing me to control the sugar since today I wreaken with 313 and I also have a hard time getting a droplet of blood for the device, I do not get blood !!

I have been told a thousand times that nothing happens to be diabetic and that I can lead a normal life but I have been reading some threads before writing and I see that there are people who have lost to sight by diabetes and now I am crowded.

Well for what you need here I am and I would appreciate advice on how to get my blood to look at my sugar and how and where to prick the insulin and everything you can advise me

Greetings and thanks in advance.

luislov's profile photo
luislov
12/06/2016 10:42 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@"Luislov", good day.Right now you are lost, but over time and dedication to the study you will learn to control diabetes and thus avoid all its dire consequences.At this time I advise you to visit the Diabetológa educator from your center to show you worldly things like clicking, among others ... at the moment I suggest you check the puncture to adjust to a higher level, also the blood becomes easierIf you apply a little heat to the finger.Welcome to the forum.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
12/06/2016 11:22 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Welcome to the "Luislov" forum, we have all gone through the same situation, so first of all quiet, that with time and patience, you will end up controlling, I copy you a topic to read and as always, ask what you need!

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
12/06/2016 11:31 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Welcome @"Luislov"!You have debuted at the same age as me, it touched me this summer.
Have you had no educator?Have you given at least the typical initiation booklets?
The educator helped me a lot in the key things, although I saw it little I was very clarified.
On the drop of blood ... if sometimes it resists.What puncture / glucometer have you given you?Because at first they gave me one that was very bad (the puncture) and cost me much more.I guess they have told you that the best thing is to click on the sides of your fingers, not to lose sensitivity.And you can try to rub a little before the finger where you are going to do it, now with the cold it is sometimes complicated, and when you get the blood down your arm and squeeze, it usually helps me lower your arm.You may need to increase the power of the clear puncture, but it hurts more, it is better to join everything possible to the finger, and not put it so strong.
And on the injection areas ... I leave you a bink of the BD page.You can search the Internet and in the Normal there is a lot of information about this:
Link

And nothing.Many animals.Don't go crazy looking at everything that can go through this disease.Although it is fine to know to have one more motivation to do things well ... little by little that at the beginning it can be a bit overwhelming ... they will have given you an insulin guideline I suppose and you still do not put it to you.rations right?

All the best!

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
12/06/2016 11:32 a.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

@"Luislov"
Welcome to the forum, start looking at the information that the classmates tell you, and then you are asking us, we will try to help you to the extent we can.
I encourage, at first it is normal for you to be afraid, but little by little you will begin to include diabetes in your life, and if you leave a little hole in your head, you will learn to live in diabetes, making a life very similar to that of a personNo diabetes.
At home we have been, since May, but little by little we are pulling forward, and ... well, my son who is the diabetic, is super happy, takes it very well, and makes his life almost normal already.

Antonio Alarcon's profile photo
Antonio Alarcon
12/06/2016 2:49 p.m.

DM3
Padre de Javier, 14 años, DM1 desde Mayo 2016

solar said:
@"Luislov", good day.Right now you are lost, but over time and dedication to the study you will learn to control diabetes and thus avoid all its dire consequences.At this time I advise you to visit the Diabetológa educator from your center to show you worldly things like clicking, among others ... at the moment I suggest you check the puncture to adjust to a higher level, also the blood becomes easierIf you apply a little heat to the finger.Welcome to the forum.

fer said:
welcome to the forum @"Luislov", we have all gone through the same situation, so first of all quiet, that with time and patience, you will end up controlling, I copy you a topic forThat you read and as always, ask what you need!

Link

myxron said:
welcome @"luislov"!You have debuted at the same age as me, it touched me this summer.
Have you had no educator?Have you given at least the typical initiation booklets?
The educator helped me a lot in the key things, although I saw it little I was very clarified.
On the drop of blood ... if sometimes it resists.What puncture / glucometer have you given you?Because at first they gave me one that was very bad (the puncture) and cost me much more.I guess they have told you that the best thing is to click on the sides of your fingers, not to lose sensitivity.And you can try to rub a little before the finger where you are going to do it, now with the cold it is sometimes complicated, and when you get the blood down your arm and squeeze, it usually helps me lower your arm.You may need to increase the power of the clear puncture, but it hurts more, it is better to join everything possible to the finger, and not put it so strong.
And on the injection areas ... I leave you a bink of the BD page.You can search the Internet and in the Normal there is a lot of information about this:
Link ;id=32302

And nothing.Many animals.Don't go crazy looking at everything that can go through this disease.Although it is fine to know to have one more motivation to do things well ... little by little that at the beginning it can be a bit overwhelming ... they will have given you an insulin guideline I suppose and you still do not put it to you.rations right?

Greetings!

tlt70 said:
@"Luislov"
Welcome to the forum, start looking at the information that the classmates tell you, and then you are asking us, we will try to help you to the extent we can.
I encourage, at first it is normal for you to be afraid, but little by little you will begin to include diabetes in your life, and if you leave a little hole in your head, you will learn to live in diabetes, making a life very similar to that of a personNo diabetes.
At home we have been, since May, but little by little we are pulling forward, and ... well, my son who is the diabetic, is super happy, takes it very well, and makes his life almost normal already.

Thank you all for help
They have given me booklets and they have told me that daily doses I have to prick, the one to prick Insulina I carry it well, I thought it hurts but nothing hurts.
They have given me a BG Star brand glucometer that I don't know if it will be good or bad I don't understand that hehe
Right now they have told me to put me 14U of tougheo insulin at night and 4 6 4 before each Apidra meal.
About the educator I have to call for an appointment in the endocrine and that an educator is assigned that I am going to do this afternoon
I'm going to read what had happened to me
Thanks for everything
All the best

luislov's profile photo
luislov
12/06/2016 3:01 p.m.

They are treating you with the most current insulins, so they will do well.When you read on complications, keep in mind that the controls did not exist years ago.If you get glycosylated 6, you have a lifetime ahead.
Welcome to the forum!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/06/2016 3:06 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Great @"Luislov", it's time to break!ha ha.
Only a comment, about the glucometer.It is the one who also gave me at the beginning, the truth is that with the glucometer itself I had no problems, but the puncture ... pff.It also cost me enough to get the drop and I had to put it quite strong.So it did enough damage, and the lancetas are very delicate.I was lucky that they changed my glucometer (that did not synchronize well with the computer of the endocrine, or something like that) to one of Acu-Check, who comes with a prick (softclix) that for me is much better.I do not notice almost the punctures, the lancetas are more comfortable and on top of the drop.They always seem to be paid when I talk about him, but it's true, it's a big difference (at least in my opinion).So let's see if you can grad them another prick at least if you comment with the educator that does not do well, although I suppose they would give you the whole glucometer pack ... but I think it is worth it, already there you speak it,Let's see if you have to educator/o!And let it be clear!
To the bad, if you still have problems, in the pharmacy they sell disposable lancets such as the hospital, a puncture and garbage, and those would pierce the ozone layer if they proposed it ... hehe.I think they are not very expensive, but of course an expense thus continuous and so much material ... I do not make me much, but well in case the data is useful.
Good luck and anything asks!

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
12/06/2016 4:12 p.m.

Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

Thanks for the info @Miexron when I go to the educator and on Thursday to the hospital to the follow -up I will comment and I will try to buy one of the brand that you have told me PQ the truth is that it is the only thing that right now it costs me more
greetings and thanks

luislov's profile photo
luislov
12/06/2016 4:16 p.m.

Many dosses and to take it with philosophy !! This is hard, I will not deny it to you, every day is different and many times you do not understand the things that happen but with information and support everything is easier.Here we are here to help you! Kisses

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
12/07/2016 8:53 p.m.

I have tried quite a few puncturers and I also keep the ACCU-Chek Softclix.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
12/08/2016 7:06 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

sherpa41 said:
I have tried enough puncturers and I also keep the ACCU-Chek Softclix.

In fact, my glucometer is a Freestyle Neo and the puncture I use is the softclix that I kept a few years ago, there is no comparison between this prick and the one that brings the Abbott glucometer, with what they take out with free could invest aLittle more pasta in improving it !!!

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/08/2016 9:13 p.m.

I will try to get the Softclix to the endocrine or educator and I will buy it online that if it works well it is to cheap because I already have the folds shattered.
By the way before dinner I had 199 and after dinner I have left I have taken two thirds and has risen to 366
So much the beer goes up?Or is it that I am a bit out of control right now?

Greetings and thanks for everything

luislov's profile photo
luislov
12/09/2016 12:37 a.m.

You have to measure yourself before and after meals, to adjust the quick.And when bed and wake up, to adjust the slow.Points what you eat and controls
To correct high values ​​use fast insulin. You have to look at what a unit lowers you.
Little by little...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/09/2016 1:25 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

If I do all that
I have been targeted by everything in a newspaper that they gave me to control everything but I did not expect me to go up so much for two beers

luislov's profile photo
luislov
12/09/2016 2:47 a.m.

UF, it's complicoo.Every third usually rises as a ration more or less.But of course, do not tell rations, nor do you know sensitivity factor or ratio ...
Have you taken them with dinner?What have you dinner?Can they be a thousand things ... have you also given guideline for corrections?That is, if you are above 150, for example, do you have to put more insulin than normally?
Well that, there are many things to keep in mind to blame beers alone, but they have enough carbohydrates, since they are all cereal.Although with alcohol to me after a while it always tends to go down a little.
Greetings!

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
12/09/2016 12:20 p.m.

Good afternoon and encouragement, that little by little we learn and handle us better.Obsessing what will happen within a few years does not solve our problems and many times it hurts us more than we already have;We will die when it touches, but meanwhile, let's live as peacefully :-)

There are also days that I have what some "X files" are called;Before I carried it very badly, but little by little you are breathing and understanding the understandable.And what you do not understand ... Well, it is time to accept and continue, because there are a lot of variables that we cannot control (C'est la Vie) and that also affect our glycemia.

The levels of normative glycems are orientative guides that seem adequate, but there are people who can assume some values ​​and others are not, we are different organisms.So take care of yourself, breathe deep and do it at every moment the best one can ...

So you comment on beer, yes, it goes up a lot and very fast.There are several threads out there that talk about it, but there goes a link of a table of what carbohyds upload, quite useful for some things

Link

imara's profile photo
imara
12/09/2016 1:46 p.m.

I still don't count rations or anything, the amount of insulin that skews me right now is fixed
I have to go to the endocrine to assign an educator and teach me all that
I guess I will learn all these things
Thanks for the info kids

luislov's profile photo
luislov
12/10/2016 12:22 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.