{'en': 'Health recommends all people with diabetes vaccinating against flu', 'es': 'Sanidad recomienda a todas las personas con diabetes vacunarse contra la gripe'} Image

Health recommends all people with diabetes vaccinating against flu

fer's profile photo   12/08/2016 11:57 a.m.

The General Directorate of Public Health of the Canarian Health Service recommends that people diagnosed with diabetes come to their health center and vaccinate against the flu.

The administration of the flu vaccine in people with diabetes is associated with a reduction in hospitalization due to stroke, heart failure, acute respiratory disease (pneumonia) and, therefore, reduces mortality.

Hence the importance of fostering flu vaccination in people with diabetes, to make comprehensive treatment and minimize other side effects to the disease itself.

On November 14, World Diabetes Day 2016 (DMD) was held, with extensive impact and activities in all islands, with the aim of raising awareness of the Canary Islands population of the importance in the prevention of the appearance of the appearance of theType 2 diabetes, which accounts for 95% of all types of diabetes.

When the disease is already established, a good control of it can avoid a rapid advance of complications that affect different organs due to blood microcirculation and that leads to different degrees of affectation, causing in the cardiovascular system the appearance of anginachest, heart attack, stroke, etc.

The function of the kidneys is also altered, which after progressive deterioration can lead to dialysis due to terminal and irreversible renal failure.

No less important are eye injuries, which advance from a loss of visual acuity to blindness, as commented intensely during the 2016 World Diabetes Day campaign.

Another problem is the neurological alterations, which are manifested with sensitivity disorders, and that together with vascular alterations translates into the appearance of lower limb ulcers and posterior amputation of some areas, by destruction of tissues.

All these complications are minimized with adequate glycemia control and with healthy life habits, with balanced feeding, weight control, daily physical activity, avoiding tobacco consumption, among other actions.The use of preventive measures of infectious-contagious diseases, such as flu, which causes a lot of pathology in this season of the year, must also be taken into account.

The importance of flu vaccination to avoid infection by influenza virus during this seasonal period is fundamental, especially in people with diabetes in more advanced stages, because they have greater affectation of the organs and are prone to be easily infected, giventhat do not have such effective defense mechanisms.

fer's profile photo
fer
12/08/2016 11:57 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Now it will turn out that the flu vaccine avoids complications for a bad control of diabetes hahahaha, they no longer know what to do to enrich those wonderful laboratories to which the hundreds of thousands are bought to preside over this "wonderful" vaccine.There is another fact that I do not know if I have understood well and that is that 95% of the diabetes, is type 2?And that thanks to vaccinating the flu, its complications are avoided, surely for the forgotten type 1 that seems to be the least important diabetes, do not worry so much that certain devices are subsidized by the SS to help their good control orThat they are accessing all and all communities, that does not worry.Of course it will be that type 1 has no complications and that with pricking insulin is already controlled or as much ignorant believes, not eating sugary things is controlled.Above the diabetes day, it will be of type 2 diabetes, because of course type 1 we are already convicted.I'm going to save comparisons.All the best

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
12/08/2016 8:31 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

I do recommend the vaccine. A bad flu can bring complications, including pneumonia.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/09/2016 1:30 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

A bad flu no @regina, a good flu or bad bad cured if it carries complications, such as a poorly cured wound, possible infection, etc ... The vaccine is still a minimum amount of the inoculated virus in the body to create antibodies, Pro if you take a flu with a different strain of the vaccine, give for fucking.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
12/09/2016 3:10 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

@Uvi, I had a flu three years ago that, if I don't go to the doctor the next day, ends in pneumonia.It was a galloping bronchitis.Surely it was a type A. That's why I say it.I hadn't vaccinated me.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/10/2016 2:49 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

And now the vaccines do not carry the entire viruses, they only synthesize a part of their protein ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/10/2016 3:53 a.m.

I had flu, they treated me as if I had a virus coming from another planet, and in the end it turned out to be like a common flu but with less duration than a normal one.

There is a mounted paraphernalia around the impressive flu.I pass by vaccinating myself.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
12/11/2016 2:15 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

To me every time I was vaccinated as a child, my immune system "attacked" something of my body.In fact they suspect that diabetes arose after the vaccine on duty ... thinking about it, has some logic."They cause" the immune system, it becomes strong, and if you have enough, you can attack what you want.In principle, I am anti -vaccines ...

piruha's profile photo
piruha
12/12/2016 10:28 a.m.

DM1 desde 1987 (con 3 años)
Lantus y Humalog
Dexcom g5

Any infection can do it too. We are exposed to virus continuously. My daughter's trigger was a virus.And I hope there is a vaccine for him
You have to also have the genetic predisposition, so that a diabetes will see.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/13/2016 2:23 a.m.

artories said:

There is a mounted paraphernalia around the impressive flu.

totally agree.And with other vaccines equally.
And it would be necessary to see how investigations are carried out to give way to the market to a medicine: when they say that something works, we would have to do with how such a success percentage has had in experimentation and how such a percentage of errors or side effects very worse.There are studies about it;Some medications go on the market with only 40 percent of positive responses in the study group.Which should make at least reflect.

I do not beef.If someone wants to get vaccinated, it seems great.If someone does not sick when he is vaccinated and is doing well, great;glad to hear it.But I don't get a vac and I know why.And the lies they usually sing can sing health, with the speech that "it is the best for you."Only one knows, with good listening and self -knowledge, and with the necessary individualized medical support, which is good for herself (and according to which individualized health campaigns have little; and from far from pharmaceutical interests, they have less)

Hugs

imara's profile photo
imara
12/13/2016 5:43 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.