Yesterday they told me that I have diabetes.25 year old girl.

G1992's profile photo   12/17/2016 3:14 p.m.

Hello, I am a 25 -year -old girl and they just told me that I have diabetes.I have no symptoms absolutely, I find myself perfectly, but in a routine analysis I got a basal glucose of 115. I am a nurse, so I already knew that it was not very normal, so they repeated it to me with an antibody and gly.IA2 +, GAD + and GLICADA of 6.7.Apart from this, I am asthmatic (yes, I am a chrome) and for some time I have been taking an inhaled glucocorticoid.Dr.He told me that it could be that and that I tried to leave it.A month later, I have repeated the analysis and 6.8 gly and increasing antibodies.I remain completely asymptomatic.
My only symptoms are hypoglycemia 3 or 4 hours after breakfast (and also generously) of 50-70 mg/dl (for the moment I still do not do any treatment so I do not understand why I make hypos if in theory I am diabetics) that alwaysIt has always happened for many years;I dizzy, my legs and hands tremble and I have to eat something sweet and at 5-10 minutes I am great.The rest of the day my glycemia oscillate between 90 and 140 before meals and two hours after eating 140-180 and even according to what eates over 200. On occasion I have measured it and I have been 300 a while a whileof some copious food, and I am great.

Next week Porfin I have a visit with the endocrine to tell me what is happening to me, but I wanted to know if there is someone who has gone through this same incomprehensible situation.

PS: If it were not for the presence of antibodies, I would think that I have anything else, but the presence of these antibodies only guides me to the diagnosis of type 1 diabetes ... probably lada since it has not been suddenly presented.

all the best.

G1992's profile photo
G1992
12/17/2016 3:14 p.m.

Dm1. Glicada 6,6
Free + 14 ui Tresiba + rapida segun CH
Enfermera

Well, you will have to go little by little, with analysis and seeing evolution. The best you do not need insulin in many years.You have time to learn to take care of yourself.
Sometimes hypoglycemia can be a symptom of a future diabetes because something is not going well in the pancreas.
Welcome to the forum!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/17/2016 7:44 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks Regina :)

G1992's profile photo
G1992
12/17/2016 8:14 p.m.

Dm1. Glicada 6,6
Enfermera

Hello.I am in a situation similar to yours, it was symptomatic and they diagnosed me in a routine control.My measurements are similar to yours, the endocrine took my sweets but sometimes the controls with a bit high.I also have anti gad ia2 and little pancreatic reserve.At the moment I take metformin at night and diet, at least my basal glucose has improved slightly.He told me to get the idea that he would eventually need insulin.I have to control and in a few months the glycosilada will repeat.I also suspect that I am Lada

Zate's profile photo
Zate
12/17/2016 9:35 p.m.

DM1 (LADA) desde 2015
Apidra
Última hemo 5

Hello Zate, well, I "comfort" a little see that I am not the only weird bug ... and yes, I have already done the idea that I will need the lnsulin in the long run, I do not know if in a month, in 6months or in 6 years but there will be ... we just have to expect that from here to then find the cure (which I do not believe) or at least something more bearable.

G1992's profile photo
G1992
12/18/2016 1:35 p.m.

Dm1. Glicada 6,6
Enfermera

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.