I have trouble driving myself away from home

MauroT's profile photo   02/08/2016 11:07 p.m.

Well, I'm going to be brief, start the university El Miecoles and I feel like afraidIn class or in the patio and I overcome my situation and something happens to me, I don't know how to Afro of taking my meter and measure my sugar and eat something in front of people ... I am very distressing this to the point of crying, I hopethat someone can give me advice on this.thank you

MauroT's profile photo
MauroT
02/08/2016 11:07 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What I think would give you a lot of security is to carry a continuous meter.

If not, then, we always wear glycoup in your pockets, look between class and class, always be a little higher than normal, try to make a friend and tell you that you are diabetic, etc ...

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
02/09/2016 1:02 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I went to university and I never raised anything you tell me.

He carries candies on top and if he gives you a downturn in the middle of class you have the caramel I have had downturn up to the middle of a university exam, nothing happens if you do everything naturally and if it tells you something the teacher tells you that you areDiabetic, it will not tell you anything, I think that a normal person does not eat a candy in the middle of an exam:-P

You will make friends, you will have to tell you that you are diabetic, more than anything because in the first coffee you take with saccharin will make you the grace of: you are diet or what?

I made intensive PQ carried two courses in two different universities and for a while I ate a Sanwich bus, with that I tell you everything.

The problems will appear when you believe them, so don't give you bad, everything will be fine.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
02/09/2016 9:22 a.m.

My son has been in college for 4 years and no problem, of course he carries his meter in the backpack, a supplement to take between teacher change and candies in the pockets.

Carmen67's profile photo
Carmen67
02/09/2016 9:36 a.m.

It is not the same case, but my daughter is second to ESO, the first with diabetes and is measured in class, has had hypos during classes and during an exam, sugar or glucup is taken.He lives it with the greatest naturalness that he can, now he tries to be as discreet as possible, because he does not like, not to see her, but begin to ask him as it is.So do not overwhelm, try to take it naturally, you are not a weirdo and, as you have told you, how many friends will be all easier for you.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
02/09/2016 9:37 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Hellooo!!!!!!Look, I tell you and I spent 2.5 years away from home in Madrid, just studying, and nothing happened, when you get there you will see how you control little more.
And I have had two very fat problems in my life regarding diabetes and none of them has been studying.
Nothing quiet happens, you will see how you self -control more.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/09/2016 10:05 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I am studying outside.One of the things I do is always saying a diabetic, especially if I'm going to do sports, he always tried to carry a Aquarius half a minimum.A and that I do not repair you to go through the cafeteria and ask for sugar envelopes, they will give them to you without problem.All the best

lemurdiabético's profile photo
lemurdiabético
02/09/2016 1:08 p.m.

With the flat insulins now and without strict food schedules, there is no problem. I mediate every two or three hours and bring glucose in the bag.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/09/2016 1:25 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

My daughter ate a lot of times chocolates in the subway .., when she went down ... and loved the plan.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/09/2016 1:28 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Maurot imagine, I went to study away from home with 10ñitos and I was internal in a school.We are talking about the year 90, diabetes was in diapers comparing it with what is now. Much less discreet measures than the current, insulin and syringes, and the glucup type gels nothing !!I went with caramels or terron -like sugar that every time I mordered my teeth.
Difficult at first, but like everything!Nothing is impossible if you propose it.You never care to say or see you, being discreet is the best, but you do nothing wrong, so your life as always and tries to tell some partner if you want.In the university you will surely do many friends and are years to enjoy, that then you start working and it is a roll, I still remember those years :)

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
02/09/2016 2:06 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

@Gemater, no, it is not that I remember those years, it is that it makes you less every day !!
@Mauro, I am a diabetics since the age of 13, Yon 23 years and I have made 2 races, I have left the party like the one that most, my end -of -course trips and here I am and I tell you the same thing that they have already told you: I was carryingAzucarrillos in the pockets or in the backpack, now there are gluc up, that you have to see what you find more comfortable to carry and take.
I made a control in the middle of the morning in the bathThe cafeteria, boy, you have to intend to, "wherever you do what you see" .... Other days I had to eat because I had practices in the afternoon and the same, you throw your calculations and eat in the cafeteria like everyone else,Do not just take your food, a few days will get worse and others better but you'll see that you end up taking the trick and if you need to drink something you get your cookies, sandwich or whatever you wear or in the machine and you eat it with everythingYour morro, is that you hung
I also have to tell you that I did not tell anyone and I solved the ballots I alone, I also had no problem to have to tell it, I would have said it but I did not need, but that is a very personal option to say it or not.
But what has been said, do not be afraid and do not let diabetes condition your whole life, meet people, party and enjoy what you have to do !!!
And at the night of Fiestuki, the same, sugars in the pocket and some cookies in case I am quoted to give everything, heh Je !!(but with control, eh? That you don't have to get rid of)
Huy that roll I have released ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/09/2016 5:32 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.