{'en': 'Boy with diabetes receives bad health care (Argentina)', 'es': 'Chico con diabetes recibe una mala atención sanitaria (Argentina)'} Image

Boy with diabetes receives bad health care (Argentina)

fer's profile photo   02/09/2016 6:11 p.m.

In the last control they only gave him 10 reactive strips, when he needs 120 units per month.

The Federal Program Include Health (Profe) continues to add claims.A 16 -year -old teenager, who three diabetes was diagnosed three, recently received supplies to cover just three days of treatment.

Petrona is Javier's mother-an insulin-dependent boy-and together with his other five children they reside in the boards, in the north of Bethlehem, 30 kilometers from the departmental head.

For a year Javier has received a pension for his illness and, since he was diagnosed with diabetes, once a month he must travel with his mother to the Children's Hospital to carry out the control studies.Only in tickets, Petrona must pay almost $ 1,200.

From the joints to the city of Bethlehem, the ballot costs $ 45, and from this town to the capital, the price of the ticket is $ 240.This mother of six boys- all of them school age- receives the universal assignment per child.This is your only fixed money income, because it has no stable job."We have the harvest of the nut, but because of the change of government there is no job," he said.

The situation of his son Javier requires attention.Monthly they must travel to the capital so that the boy performs routine controls at the interzonal hospital of children and, incidentally, to withdraw the medication."The teacher gave me a receipt to withdraw the medication in the Ministry of Health," he said.

However, since November Profe has no supplies and the health portfolio collaborates with this program but is not enough to cover Javier's treatment.On Wednesday they gave him just 10 reactive strips-a box brings 25 units and reaches for a week-when the teenager needs to control the sugar level three times a day."Without control, he doesn't know how glycemia has. He lives with that," said Petrona.

Many times, this mother had to go for help to local radio and, fortunately, in this way she always finds some generous person willing to help.In this regard, Children's Hospital doctors noted that many times the boys with diabetes the teacher gives them insulin in jars, when the optimal thing is with the pencil system."In the case of boys, you should always try to provide the best resources and not the most obsolete," they warned.

Despite the distance in which Javier lives, no agency of the province brings the medication to the Boards or Bethlehem.According to Petrona, at some occasion they sent him the entrustment with the reactive strips and insulin, "but the package was open." So he considered it better, although facing the expense of his own pocket, having to travel to the city.

At the moment, the mother commented, Javier is stable and attends school in the Barrancas.He is studying 5th.Secondary year."Luckily is fine and has no problem," he said.

Javier's situation is not the only one, but the aggravating person is that it is a boy with a base pathology.In recent months, the claims of patients benefited from the teacher due to the lack of coverage or the delay in the delivery of medications is constant.

fer's profile photo
fer
02/09/2016 6:11 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

It is crazy ... they give me 3 daily strips and still it is impossible to have good control.
In the San Roque hospital the shifts are eternal, posters everywhere that do not attend to Profé.This is how the Diabetes Law in Córdoba Capital is fulfilled.

davidmarin's profile photo
davidmarin
02/09/2016 10:35 p.m.

Hola, Soy David de Córdoba, Argentina, tengo 40 años y 30 de diabetes.
Uso Lantus y Apidra.

You could ask in the ADA if they have strips to give you, they have saved me a couple of times that I stayed without, they are not dispensary nor is it their function but sometimes they get and can give them.

davidmarin's profile photo
davidmarin
02/09/2016 10:37 p.m.

Hola, Soy David de Córdoba, Argentina, tengo 40 años y 30 de diabetes.
Uso Lantus y Apidra.

I don't know how health works in Argentina, but from what I see is a disaster.The truth is that in no country is the health priority that was due.

polustiano's profile photo
polustiano
05/10/2018 10:21 a.m.

DM 1 desde 2013
Lantus y Novorrapid
Aficionado al deporte

@"Polustiano" depends on each province, I at least had no problems, and hopefully continue like this.

Franco0399's profile photo
Franco0399
05/10/2018 12:39 p.m.

Basaglar 9 unidades mañana, 8 noche. Apidra a demanda.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.