Can the diabetics smoke?

Deni's profile photo   03/14/2016 3:31 p.m.

Hi Foros, I have the doubt if diabetics can smoke.I have seen enough of them doing it and I do not know if it is equally harmful that for everyone or us more affects us

Deni's profile photo
Deni
03/14/2016 3:31 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Deni Poder We can, like anyone, but we should not, the same as the others.
As you know, tobacco increases the possibilities of suffering cardiovascular pathologies, which is diabetic makes you have even more ballots, so you better not do it ... and someone tells you that until just over a month ago it smoked.
It has cost me to leave it and have increased my insulin needs and not for eating more, I did not give me to eat as it happens to people who leave it, or at least not for now, but I have noticed that when I leave it I am better physically and myInsulin needs have been modified.
I carry little so I still cannot consider myself former smoker, nor do I campaign against tobacco, I know what hooks, but I recognize that it is not good for anyone.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
03/14/2016 3:43 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Hello, by power we can, but if they advise us, like a non -diabetic, it is because with diabetes we have more risk of carditive diseases because if we add smoking ... the risk factors of multiply.

ALG's profile photo
ALG
03/14/2016 3:45 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

Electronic cigarette is a very good option to quit smoking!

Anitaz's profile photo
Anitaz
03/14/2016 5:08 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.