Can the development of DM 1 be stopped?

G1992's profile photo   12/31/2016 5:07 p.m.

Hello, I am a 25 -year -old girl who had a glucose of 115 left in a control analytics.Yesterday I went to the endocrine for the first time and confirmed the diagnosis, but given the values ​​that I have for the moment, it has not given me insulin or oral medication.
I already know that the DM has no cure (for the moment) and that there is nothing that stops its evolution;But I have read clinical studies where they try to stop the destruction of the beta cells and have been agreed on animals.Does anyone know anything else ?????I am very angry to know that my pancreas is self -destructive and that I cannot do anything to stop it.

Thank you

G1992's profile photo
G1992
12/31/2016 5:07 p.m.

Dm1. Glicada 6,6
Free + 14 ui Tresiba + rapida segun CH
Enfermera

Only with a vaccine or reeducing the imune system

hoyos9's profile photo
hoyos9
12/31/2016 6:02 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello and welcome to the forum, if you take care you can reserve a little more beta cells that you have left if you are in a honeymoon period, the animals research has done many both in priests and in what you comment, there are noDiabetic mouse in the world now but there is still a lot.Do not worry is a change of life but it takes it and tells you the father of a child who debuted 10 months ago only.In this forum you will find very valuable information, it has helped us a lot.

FANAFREZZA's profile photo
FANAFREZZA
12/31/2016 6:08 p.m.

Good and welcome.It is not to take away the illusion but X now no cure and the truth is either I hope.PQ is a very big business for pharmaceutics and I don't think they want to destroy the empire they have with us.

Antonio Pizarro's profile photo
Antonio Pizarro
12/31/2016 6:23 p.m.

There is no official way to stop it @"g1992".While there are some clinical studies, which try.To me in particular when I debut they offered me with Victozza (I don't know if it is written like this), another compound and placebo.Apparently in some people I had no bad result and managed to extend the honeymoon a bit.
For the rest what they tell you, if at first you take care of yourself, because you also lengthen the honeymoon and the reserves of your pancreas last more, but unfortunately and for now, it ends up "self -destructing" as you say.

I do not understand what @hoyos9 says (second time on the XD day), is there a vaccine for diabetes and we haven't heard?And how do you re -educate the immune system?

Welcome and encourage @"G1992"!

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
12/31/2016 7:02 p.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

Thanks Miexron, that is precisely what I wanted to know if they had offered you to participate in some study or something ... I have found a study in the United States with Tocilizumab, they are recruiting newly diagnosed patients.I have sent an email, but I don't have much faith in it ... 9 It is also a double blind bone that it is two years old.

G1992's profile photo
G1992
01/02/2017 12:31 a.m.

Dm1. Glicada 6,6
Free + 14 ui Tresiba + rapida segun CH
Enfermera

If the one who offered me was also without knowing what they would give me.They should continue doing it here by Andalusia I think, maybe I finish (that's this summer).
Luck!

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
01/02/2017 1:15 a.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.