{'en': 'Yoursy for thinking about diabetes', 'es': 'Despistes por pensar en la diabetes'} Image

Yoursy for thinking about diabetes

Sherpa41's profile photo   03/14/2016 3:37 p.m.

Does it happen to me that you leave things, you forget them or lose them by always having the diabetes in the head?

I spend more about my account lately and it is annoying a lot.Either I leave the insulin and I have to run back, or I leave the things of work or lose the house keys, or I forget to sign up if I have punctured or not, lately I am up to the hat of everything.

Especially it happens to me when I am altered or when I have to do more than one thing, if I have to do only one I do not usually mislead, but to which I have to do 2 or 3, and above with diabetes, insulin, sugar, everythingAlways in my head, I always end up forgetting something.And some mistakes that I have had for this can cost me very, very expensive.

And I do not think it is for age, because I remember that with 20 years when I went to the gym or the pool, I always forgot something, the shoes, the hat, the towel, the keyboard key, the card.I was so worried about sugar, insulin, meter, cocacola ... that half of the time I had to go home without being able to do anything.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/14/2016 3:37 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I think that happens to the majority, we are so aware of it and our head is always a calculator and reminder that happens to you.
Now because I have bomb but before I have forgotten it many times.
Look as strongly that happened to me was when I went to the dedication that I left a bandit with everything about diabetes inside, thankfully I had to go to several places and gave me time to return, and because Dexcom warned me to calibrateBut I put myself on the plane with nothing, I would have seen me asking for things to everyone.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/14/2016 4:18 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

If you have an important concern, the mistakes are inevitable.It happens to Einstein type scientists :))
You can take a routine to tell things or point them or something that helps you remember everything ...
And if you have another concern greater than diabetes, it can even be dangerous about insulin forgetfulness.
Count things before leaving home ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/14/2016 4:33 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Bufffffff, what happens to me is that: "I have put the insulin?"

nacho's profile photo
nacho
03/14/2016 10:26 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

nacho said:
bufffffff, what happens to me most is that: "I have put the insulin?Or that memory is this morning when I click ??? "

Whenever I shed the amount in the mobile notes, which reflects the exact time of each puncture, but lately I also often forget.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/14/2016 11:42 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I subscribe all the comments made, I could have written them myself!;)

In the family they know me for the clueless!:)) :)) :)) :))

They already say that, the head has limits, and it cannot be in everything!

fer's profile photo
fer
03/15/2016 7:54 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

nacho said:
bufffffff, what happens to me most is that: "I have put the insulin?Or that memory is this morning when I click ??? "

That has happened to me a thousand times, and what I do is check if I have thrown the needle paper in the trash, because I used to check the garbage in search of the needle but as you have to throw it into the "recycling" container.

I always tell me that I have no head and I think I have it in too much places at the same time, hahahaha ....

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
03/15/2016 10:26 a.m.

I, without being diabetic, before leaving home recite: "money, keys, documentation, tobacco, mobile".So I do not fail (which you can imagine that before doing so, it did fail and much. "
Now my children recite it, je, jeee

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
03/15/2016 12:18 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Today, I wanted to go to the insurance to look for strips that this is about 3 or 4 km from my house, I was somewhat worried because there is still a week left for the day that touches me and I don't know if they would give them to me.But those that I pedi on the Internet does not arrive (they are increasingly delayed)

All morning thinking about it, I punished a little less because I had to walk a lot, I have left a little earlier to have time, a bus card in case (but it never happens), total that when I had been walking for half an hour and alreadyI was almost arriving, I realize that I don't have the essential piece of paper to give me the strips and I have to go home.Tired, sweat, and frustrated and I would have to pay 50 euros for the strips in the pharmacy.:(

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/15/2016 2:04 p.m.

When you return to the ambulatory, give them the pharmacy ticket and see if they make you a recipe and the pharmacy returns the money.
It makes me funny the minijeringuillas, my daughter continues to use them to wear the lantus, they are more precise than the bolis.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/15/2016 4:02 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Paste a big paper in the fridge and write down everything.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/15/2016 4:04 p.m.

regina said:
When you return to the ambulatory, give them the pharmacy ticket and see if they make you a recipe and return the money the pharmacy.

Here in Barcelona the strips give them to you in the SS and with droppers, not in pharmacies.Anyway I have found some strips (slightly expired) when I used free freestyle at home, to see if they last until tomorrow ...

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/15/2016 5 p.m.

nacho said:

Jijii, this same noon has happened to me.I came with such hunger home and talking to my partner that I only remember thinking about what I had to eat, how many rations would be, how much I should click ... 6, Ok, Ok, and I start to eat.30 min later the Dexcom with the arrow up and you see me asking me that question, have I punctured right?Or I just thought about the units and I didn't click?And if I have done it and now I click again, will I go in free fall later?... I waited 30 min more and I see the arrow that stabilizes, uff, that is that I click the 6 jiji units sometimes I do not know if it is because I have the diabetes in my head or because sometimes I try to take it from my head toMAKE MY LIFE: P

valky's profile photo
valky
03/15/2016 11:30 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

You have removed a weight from me, I thought it only happened to me, I even thought it is a possible complication for the years of diabetes and blood irrigation in my head.Greetings

ref666's profile photo
ref666
03/17/2016 5:54 p.m.

25 years with diabetes and I still forget insulin as once a week :(

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
10/29/2019 11:46 a.m.

Leave it in a visible place., Put it on the breakfast table or in the toothbrush glass...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/01/2019 12:25 a.m.

I always leave her with all the "pack" on the dining room table, or in the backpack that I carry with me everywhere.

fer's profile photo
fer
11/01/2019 10:55 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I always carry it everywhere, at home too, or if I leave it in the hall that is what is in the middle of the whole house, just like Dexcom.I once forget the mobile but the insu has never happened to me (and I have traveled more than 20 countries).I think it's like getting dressed, to finish "dressing" I am missing, and naked to the street I have never left either:#

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
11/03/2019 5:01 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

I forgot the basal, so I have put a permanent alarm on my mobile!

And at the beginning a couple of times I had breakfast and so quiet.I didn't put anything in fast insulin.Q disasterThat at the moment has not happened to me again!

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
11/03/2019 6:16 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I join you in what you explain and above all since my twins were born.
I am saturadisima and I have to put alarms and annotations for insulin.
THE KEYS !!PFF After 1 month looking for them, I found them inside a package of almonds 😂.
I do not think it is diabetes, rather it is the rhythm of life that we lead, a lot of mental burden.

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
02/21/2020 10:17 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.