Diabetes 2 and thinness

Vicky Bu's profile photo   01/04/2017 8:30 a.m.

Hello.I begin this thread because I want to comment on my experience in diabetes 2, which does not fit most of the situations I read on the Internet.I started with gestational diabetes in my first pregnancy, with 30 years and being thin.I measure 1.52 and was for 50 kilos.With the diet I took five in all the pregnancy and at birth the girl stayed at 44 kilos.Three years later the child's pregnancy was similar, although with more problems controlling sugar levels.
After a time of prediabetes, in which I have remained in the 48 kilos, I am an official diabetics since September.In these three months of more strict diet and more exercise I have dropped to 45. My doctor says that I can lose another couple of kilos without problems, but I look drained.I have a 12 -year -old body like a girl.
The problem is that I continue with 150 on an empty stomach and after dinner many nights I am in more than 200. The gly had lowered me to 7, but the doctor says that it is not enough for my age.
So I don't know what to do very well.When I read that everything is a matter of losing weight and not being sedentary, I am very angry.It is not so simple.
Does anyone identify?

Vicky Bu's profile photo
Vicky Bu
01/04/2017 8:30 a.m.

Diabetes 1 LADA desde enero 2018
Antes mal diagnosticada como Tipo 2
Toujeo y Humalog Junior
A1c: 6.0

In my family by the father there are several cases, thin or fat everyone has diabetis 2. Now the children are already reaching an age and we are all uploading to us ... a particularly very thin uncle of mine has been very thin for a long time, and my brother -in -lawWithout being a family, it also has it since 40, thin and athlete, I also know two cases of diabetis 1 pass the quarantine.It's a mystery ...

Roddy Calo's profile photo
Roddy Calo
02/16/2017 11:38 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

And sure are you well diagnosed?Have the antibodies looked at you?It seems to me a barbarity that the doctor tells you that you can still lose weight more with that weight.I think that perhaps you should do more tests or change the treatment, since it seems that with regime and physical exercise it is not getting anything.You can do for your part more.

Zate's profile photo
Zate
02/18/2017 10:27 a.m.

DM1 (LADA) desde 2015
Apidra
Última hemo 5

I have type 2 since 33. My grandmother as a young man and my oldest father.In my case I have always had some belly.The treatment is with medication generally metformin, I have glycosilada in 5.6

Hugo Gonzalez Peiteado's profile photo
Hugo Gonzalez Peiteado
02/18/2017 1:48 p.m.

Thanks for the comments.

I guess the antibodies is in case it was Diabetes Lada.That I know they have not done antibody analysis.Anyway, so I read about it, the treatment at the beginning is equal to DM2 and when oral antidiabetics do not work insulin.

In March I repeat glyd analysis to see how I'm going.So I see in the glucometer I do not fulfill the objectives.At the moment I continue with Sitagliptin, diet and exercise and I try not to think too much what else I can do for myself and, above all, not feel guilty.At least I have been in the 45 for a few weeks without losing more weight.

Vicky Bu's profile photo
Vicky Bu
02/18/2017 1:49 p.m.

Toujeo y Humalog Junior

I return to this thread because in the end, year and peak later, I have the results of the antibody tests and have been positive.I have autoimmune diabetes, type 1, but slow evolution, so my pancreas still generates some insulin and lasting ...
Thanks to the comments in this forum I began to investigate and discovered a type of diabetes that was unknown to me, lada diabetes or latent diabetes of the adult.I began to understand why my body and my symptoms did not square with type 2 diabetes. Also why metformin did not work for me.
It has cost me a long year and a change of header who will send me to the endocrine and have a correct diagnosis.For my first doctor my weight loss was great, desirable in someone with type 2 diabetes. And I felt I consumed me.
Yesterday I started with toujeo insulin.I know that the diabetes trip continues, that there will be new obstacles.But at least I already have direction.

Vicky Bu's profile photo
Vicky Bu
01/20/2018 9:11 p.m.

Toujeo y Humalog Junior

Well, I'm glad they have diagnosed you well and have put the treatment that corresponds to you.You are going to be much better now, you will not go hungry and gain weight.
It seems lies the misinformation that some family doctors still have in these cases, and that it has to be the patient himself who defends himself.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/21/2018 12:34 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Oh, hehe.I was reading the first comment and I was going to put "this smells like Lada."And I see that it has finally been so.I am very glad that your diagnosis has been relatively soon, since there are many cases that pass decades with glycades of 9% and their doctor crushing them with which it is their fault because they do not do the diet well :-(

With basal insulin you will be much better and that will make the pancreatic reserve more than without it.

Many encouragement!

I am very surprised that some users here have more idea of ​​lada than some doctors (call me naive and idealistic).I say it for Zate (I don't know if it's a doctor or not), but what an eye!

EndocrinaAntiNewAge's profile photo
EndocrinaAntiNewAge
02/16/2018 8:31 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.