Dexcom and Freestyle

nigiri's profile photo   02/15/2016 12:15 a.m.

I know that there are several open conversations on this subject but there are so much comments that it is not clear to me.What is the difference between one and the other and above all, what is the real price of each?
Thank you!

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
02/15/2016 12:15 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Well, basically the Dexcom is a continuous glucose meter, it measures and indicates in the screw automatically, and has alarms that warn you when you are tall, low, when it goes up very fast or when it goes down very fast.The levels to which Pita are customizable.

Freestyle in a strict sense is not a continuous glucose meter, it indicates the glucose levels when you pass the reader near the sensor (the patch you carry in the body), nor does it have alarms.There are apps for smartphone that make it possible to work as the receiver

As for prices, the DEXCOM requires a much stronger initial investment, I think I remember that the initial pack (receiver, transmitter and a sensor box) was around 1,400 euros), then you have to buy sensor boxes when you get spent (€ 375 The box), their duration varies a lot.The transmitter also ends up running out of battery and you have to buy another (lasts between 9 months and one year).The freestyle single kit is € 169.90, the sensors last 14 days and cost 59.90

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
02/15/2016 12:44 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I am the mother of a diabetic son for 3 years (now he has 18), and after trying Dexcom G4 one month, I have to say that he has disappointed us a lot.
Starting from the base that at the 2* day of taking him off and fell, (the second one he put on it we glued it with glue wipes) the levels that marked very different from those who marked his glucometer, woke up with hiccThey were, eg.In Dexcom it marked 50, in its 90 glucometer and thus every two by three, it has been punctured more on the finger that never, to contrast one and the other.
To say that we have disappointed us a lot, we had very hopeful in this continuous meter and it is not what they had told us, apart it is a very high investment for such little reliability.
We feel very disappointed.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/15/2016 8:38 a.m.

@Juanita and has no guarantee?If that happens to you, they should give some solution!

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
02/15/2016 9:20 a.m.

Juanita said:
I am a mother of a diabetic son for 3 years (now has 18), and after trying Dexcom G4 a month, I have to say that he has disappointed us a lot.
Starting from the base that at the 2* day of taking him off and fell, (the second one he put on it we glued it with glue wipes) the levels that marked very different from those who marked his glucometer, woke up with hiccThey were, eg.In Dexcom it marked 50, in its 90 glucometer and thus every two by three, it has been punctured more on the finger that never, to contrast one and the other.
To say that we have disappointed us a lot, we had very hopeful in this continuous meter and it is not what they had told us, apart it is a very high investment for such little reliability.
We feel very disappointed.

The guarantee is a week, call and change it!

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
02/15/2016 9:50 a.m.

@juanita, what they have told you, the guarantee of each sensor is one week, you had to have called when the 1st took off to send you another and when the 2nd to say that it gave very different values, they would have sent you another.
Anyway, you have a month to put behind and pay only the sensors you used, I don't know if you have already passed the deadline ..
It is very rare what happened to you normally in 1 day is not peelproblem, they have solved it to me

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/15/2016 3:24 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

What you have to see if I had the skin with fat or that sensor was wrong, I know countless people who wear it and I have never heard that.
If it has happened to you to call them and do not leave it, they will ask you for the downloaded data.
That happens to me that you tell me and go crazy.
Do not stop calling them.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/15/2016 3:32 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

We are going that the good control of diabetes that are supposed to give this type of devices is only available to the luckiest.Let's see if it soon enters social security, or at least part of the kit.

Thanks for the answer @con_q_de_quimica

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
02/15/2016 8:32 p.m.

Thank you all for your comments.
Tell you that the Dexcom G4 left us to try it and if we were going well to buy it.
Obviously after how bad we have gone to us, we have not bought it, the investment is very high and we were not going to buy it without trying it.
As for us, we have not done well
They have told us that they will check the receiver in case it had any failure.
Anyway, they tell me.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/15/2016 10:56 p.m.

Yes, but if you say that the second fell?
How many sensors have you tried?

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/16/2016 8:28 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I have commented several times.
The Dexcom, the first month, is usually a disaster in children.They gave us 45 days to return it and we lacked the song of a hard to do it (a hard! What old man I am! For young people, a hard was a coin of 5 pesetas, heh, jeee).
When the trick catches him, you can't live without him.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
02/16/2016 10:31 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.