Diabetic debut

elenax80's profile photo   01/07/2017 6:32 p.m.

Good afternoon:
My 3 -year -old son debuted with DM1 five months ago, now he is with NPH 1.5 dose and Novorapid 1.
At first we pricked him "the bee in his fingers" more than 20 times a day, since he had asymptomatic sugar drops (up to 23 glucose). "We have the Free Style system and we are delighted, because it avoids us to prick him so many times, although we know that above 250 or below 60, the system is not reliable. I would like to ask you several questions;
-Does any financing by the Social Security for the Free Style system?
-What do you know about inhaled insulin?
-When did your children debut, did they do it with a 6.0 ketoacidosis and kussmaul syndrome? My son was in the pediatrician one day before debuting and diagnosis pharynghamigdalitis and 20 hours later I enter very serious in the hospital, I have denounced it by medical negligence
Thank you and a lot of encouragement.
Our triumph will be that of our children.

elenax80's profile photo
elenax80
01/07/2017 6:32 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The NPH for my 1 year daughter towards brutal hypoglycemia.Now we are with threeiba and ados to hypoglycemia by the basal.

hoyos9's profile photo
hoyos9
01/07/2017 6:54 p.m.

@Elenax80.There is currently no financing of any continuous glucose monitoring system through Social Security.Nor of the free.In some counity and in very specific cases, if they leave any temporarily.
Inhaled insulin is not yet approved in Spain.There was talk in another thread that may be close to arriving, but from what was commented they are cartridges that seem difficult to manage a precise dose ... This topic is not clear.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
01/08/2017 1:02 a.m.

Hi Elenax80,
There is no financing by social security for free freestyle.If you are interested there is a signature collection at Change.org requesting it.
Although I am quite skeptical about the effectiveness of these campaigns, it costs very little to try.

Link & UTM_Source = Share_Petion & Utm_Medium = Facebook & Utm_campaign = Autopubly & UTM_TERM = des-lg-no_src-no_msg

Luismix's profile photo
Luismix
01/08/2017 10:56 a.m.

Signed and shared.Hopefully I hope.

T1d's profile photo
T1d
01/08/2017 12:52 p.m.

The Dexcom would sign.Free is money thrown

hoyos9's profile photo
hoyos9
01/08/2017 1:47 p.m.

Joe, don't tell me that, that free I have in mind to buy it .....

Narciso's profile photo
Narciso
01/08/2017 11:11 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.