{'en': 'Disassembling myths: if you scare you diabetes?', 'es': 'Desmontando mitos: ¿Si te asustas te da diabetes?'} Image

Disassembling myths: if you scare you diabetes?

fer's profile photo   02/17/2016 9:41 a.m.

"If you scare you, it gives you diabetes ..."

Many people exclaim this phrase when something causes you a great negative impact.

According to a study by University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, 70% of Hispanic patients with diabetes consider that a scare caused their condition.But, this is not true.

According to Mauricio Moreno, geriatrician of the Integral Center for Diagnosis and Treatment of the South Medical Hospital, in the face of stress hormones, so that the body is defended or fleeing if necessary.

It is also true that before a scare the glucose rises, however, there are mechanisms that keep it in a normal range.

This happens if you scare yourself and you have diabetes and you don't know it

People who live with non -diagnosed diabetes and who do not have their glucose levels controlled, suffer a decompensation at the time of fright.When they go with the doctor they detect diabetes.

That is, a scare can help the diagnosis of diabetes, but it is not the one that causes the disease.Before him, the person already had high glucose levels.

fer's profile photo
fer
02/17/2016 9:41 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

As always, embroidering the photo hahahaha!Thanks @fer

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/18/2016 1:04 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have also heard people say that they have emotional diabetes (after the death of a relative or something) has always sounded strange but can happen?

Marga_rita's profile photo
Marga_rita
02/19/2016 12:10 a.m.

Every day they do more useful studies.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
02/19/2016 12:55 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

marga_rita said:
I have also heard people say that they have emotional diabetes (after the death of a relative or something like that) it has always sounded strange to me but it can happen?

I had never heard it, in my opinion, the case would be the same as with the scare, that is, that it is not the cause of diabetes, if not that of the diagnosis that leads to identify a diabetes that was already there but I did not knowI knew.

There are many population studies that show high percentages of type 2 diabetes that are not diagnosed, in fact, it is very common.

fer's profile photo
fer
02/19/2016 4:39 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

marga_rita said:
I have also heard people say that they have emotional diabetes (after the death of a relative or something like that) it has always sounded strange to me but it can happen?

My homeopath told me in his day that my diabetes was emotional but it sounded a bit weird, the truth, it is true that I have no diabetic history of any kind and that it was a healthy girl and with a correct diet when I was diagnosed but notI know, I don't think that for emotional causes an organ stops working ...

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
02/19/2016 1:22 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

sherpa41 said:
every day do more useful studies.
nothing "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" ""

DiabetesForo
02/19/2016 6:51 p.m.

sherpa41 said:
every day do more useful studies.

They conform to get performance and benefits to the famous Lantus hehehe and little more

DiabetesForo
02/19/2016 6:52 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.