{'en': 'Type 3 diabetes, a very real concept', 'es': 'Diabetes tipo 3, un concepto muy real'} Image

Type 3 diabetes, a very real concept

fer's profile photo   03/18/2016 10:07 a.m.

Diabetes is a chronic pathology that not only changes the lives of the person to whom it is diagnosed, but also a turnaround for that of their loved ones: family, couple, parents or friends.

An environment, that of the person with diabetes, which is known as "type 3".After years of work with patients and family, it has been proven that it is that the "type 3" also adapts to this reality, learn to live with diabetes and know the characteristics of this pathology, since it will depend on powerSupport and understand what happens to your relative.

They also suffer the consequences of pathology and their possible complications, despite not suffering from it, as the study “Attitudes, desires and needs of people with diabetes (Dawn2)” points out, which reflects that 63% of family membersof people with diabetes claim to be afraid and anxiety of a severe worsening of the pathology of their loved one.In addition, among the issues that most concern are hypoglycemia: 66% of respondents confess to fear that their relatives suffer a night hypoglycemia for not having been able to offer the maximum necessary attention.

In this sense, the key ideas to be able to live with diabetes are in formation, dialogue and attitude.The family's attitude depends largely on what in turn has the person who has diabetes, and hence the importance of being positive.Ideally, the people in the environment support your partner or person loved on a day -to -day basis.Let them ask about diabetes in general and, thus, know how to help, how to facilitate their day to day, etc.In addition, it is also a way of learning and sharing with the pathology itself.

For the president of the Federation of Spanish Diabetics (Fede), D. Andoni Lorenzo Garmendia, “Dialogue is the key to one can understand what happens to the person with diabetes.Experience tells us that when one of the spouses has this pathology or when a child debuts, coexistence and day -to -dayOnly the patient suffers, but also his environment. ”

The couple, the partner, the family of a person with diabetes must be the "perfect collaborator" to help in the management of pathology and life in common.For this, it is important that you take into account a series of recommendations: to offer help, but without overwhelming: you should not constantly ask about the pathology, and it is not advisable to carry a rigorous control of what the person with diabetes eats;Adopt healthy habits for the whole family: especially regarding food and physical activity practice;Training: It is important to learn everything necessary about diabetes.Knowledge is crucial, for example, in the specific case that the relative has severe hypoglycemia.

fer's profile photo
fer
03/18/2016 10:07 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

This issue touches me a lot.

I don't like Fernando the DT1, DT2 and DT3 distinction, because we are all really diabetic.We should not really cause a distinction among us.

The DT1 we carry it in the blood and suffer from it, we usually know how we are at every moment, some have a bad character if we are suffering a hypo and tell us (at least before, thanks to the MCG this disappeared), we can getTo show something aggressive, eye !!!!I do not say that this happens to us all, to some yes because many colleagues have confirmed it to me.We have a head that does not stop calculating.In short, we are the ones who suffer and live together with our diabetes that we cannot take off from it or a second a day because a bad performance can cause a rise or down, and two situations are never the same, we are not a book or a mathematical demonstration.
The DT2 the least blessed by the health system, suffer like us, perhaps sometimes with less complications or easier to carry or avoid a puncture but also carry it.

The "DT3", why do I differentiate and separate them?Well, precisely because of that, because it should not be so.They are the potatoes and breasts of the children, the couples, all the nearby people and who live with us.They suffer even more than us, all every time they see us by clicking on us, making analysis would give us their pancreas to pass it and let us rest and they cannot do anything just see us and have a bad time seeing us, it is but they do not want to leave us alone at any time,They prefer to suffer.They spend it worse than us because they don't really know how we are, they care very much because they don't want anything to happen to us.Many times we are edges with them and do not deserve it, since they deserve heaven for how they care.They are pending of us 24 hours a day 365 days a year, when they are not next to us, they do not see us and do not know how we are.

I particularly thank all friends, intimate friends, couples, breasts, potatoes and all who live with us day to day because you are great.

And forgive the roll but I defend all the so -called DT "" to death because you are very important.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/18/2016 11:24 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Thanks @jconegar !!!I hadn't felt so understood!Thanks: x

Enma's profile photo
Enma
03/18/2016 12:39 p.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

>: D <

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/18/2016 4:44 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@jconegar, thanks for being our voice ... as @enma says, reading your reflections I also feel very understood.>: D <

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
03/19/2016 12:25 a.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

I agree with you @jconegar!Thanks to them, we can when we could not.There is a lot to thank you.

ceciii's profile photo
ceciii
03/21/2016 11:33 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thanks @jconegar !!!!I get on one of those bad days, in which it gives you a mood and know that there are people who understand what we feel help very much.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
03/21/2016 12:02 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Thank you very much @jconegar for your words.

Juanmaroru's profile photo
Juanmaroru
03/25/2016 2:16 p.m.

I am about to throw in the towel.I do not support the daily fights or the constant moody or the infinite reproaches or the one that every nonsense, each getso or every silence is interpreted as a agrasc or contempt for me.You have to be very brave to endure a diabetic who is already beginning to have affected the reasoning.

Edna's profile photo
Edna
08/04/2020 9:21 a.m.

Encourage @edna!This is not a path of roses, or for the one who has diabetes, or for those who stam close, it is common, the important thing is that you find the balance of coexistence and understand yourself, you have not done it, it is important that you speakof the subject.

A hug!

fer's profile photo
fer
08/04/2020 9:45 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Thank you :)

Edna's profile photo
Edna
08/04/2020 9:49 a.m.

edna said:

It does not have to be a path of roses but it does not have to be 24 hours of constant humiliation ... I think that a diabetic at a certain age needs a psychologist or a psychiatrist.

Edna's profile photo
Edna
08/04/2020 9:53 a.m.

jconegar said:
this theme touches me a lot.

I don't like Fernando the DT1, DT2 and DT3 distinction, because we are all really diabetic.We should not really cause a distinction among us.

The DT1 we carry it in the blood and suffer from it, we usually know how we are at every moment, some have a bad character if we are suffering a hypo and tell us (at least before, thanks to the MCG this disappeared), we can getTo show something aggressive, eye !!!!I do not say that this happens to us all, to some yes because many colleagues have confirmed it to me.We have a head that does not stop calculating.In short, we are the ones who suffer and live together with our diabetes that we cannot take off from it or a second a day because a bad performance can cause a rise or down, and two situations are never the same, we are not a book or a mathematical demonstration.
The DT2 the least blessed by the health system, suffer like us, perhaps sometimes with less complications or easier to carry or avoid a puncture but also carry it.

The "DT3", why do I differentiate and separate them?Well, precisely because of that, because it should not be so.They are the potatoes and breasts of the children, the couples, all the nearby people and who live with us.They suffer even more than us, all every time they see us by clicking on us, making analysis would give us their pancreas to pass it and let us rest and they cannot do anything just see us and have a bad time seeing us, it is but they do not want to leave us alone at any time,They prefer to suffer.They spend it worse than us because they don't really know how we are, they care very much because they don't want anything to happen to us.Many times we are edges with them and do not deserve it, since they deserve heaven for how they care.They are pending of us 24 hours a day 365 days a year, when they are not next to us, they do not see us and do not know how we are.

I particularly thank all friends, intimate friends, couples, breasts, potatoes and all who live with us day to day because you are great.

And forgive the roll but I defend all the so -called DT "" because you are very important.

Edna's profile photo
Edna
08/04/2020 10:29 a.m.

Thank you.It is the first time I feel they understand me.

Edna's profile photo
Edna
08/04/2020 10:29 a.m.

@Edna, diabetes and bad character are not united.Another thing is anxiety or depression, which will be to treat.
But diabetes can be taken very quietly, without influencing character.
At least it is in the case of my daughter, I do not know if because it is a child and have it very assumed.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/05/2020 3:09 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Well, surely it is your daughter, she always controls.My husband is already having a lot of years old. There are lovely people among diabetics too :)

Edna's profile photo
Edna
08/05/2020 8:40 a.m.

Well, the first time I listened DT3 was because the endocrine told me ... and I didn't understand anything about what I was telling me or what I was referring to, I just remember that he told me that I had to reassure me because I had DT3 followed by a phrasethat I also did not understand that the disease I do not suffer from it, but my son since the age of 3 ... "you have to live with diabetes and not for diabetes" ... I was recorded ... as if I were soEasy in a child who does not understand anything .. that we would not do for a child.

Pepeluis77's profile photo
Pepeluis77
08/09/2020 11:02 p.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

jconegar said:
this theme touches me a lot.

And forgive the roll but I defend all the so -called DT "" because you are very important.

Better explained impossible.

Lidiii's profile photo
Lidiii
08/10/2020 4:25 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.