Insulin absorption after sports

Montse Brillas's profile photo   01/12/2017 2:34 p.m.

Hello!
I have been diabetic for 3 years.My guy is called MODY (a quite rare diabetes).It behaves like a 2 although I have no obesity and I am in the 40s. I started mertormin but after a year they had to insulinize.I am with the lantus once a day (before dinner) and with metformin and forxiga.
Yesterday I started some classes of stretching, an average yoga activity, half Pilates.It was to finish, get home and click, before dinner (normal dinner ...) this morning the glucose was at 170. I am usually around 130-140.Today has been totally unusual.And it sounds to me that exercise can affect the absorption of insulin, but I would like someone to confirm it to me.
Thank you very much in advance,
Montse

Montse Brillas's profile photo
Montse Brillas
01/12/2017 2:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Strong exercise usually affects hypoglycemia during the night and can give hyperglycemia just after exercise, but, a soft one, such as Pilates or Yoga, it usually goes very well.Mind yourself before sleeping.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/12/2017 10:17 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks Regina.I will try another day and if I will leave again.The truth is that this morning I had bares.The exercise is soft but intense and is just before clicking.I think that if the muscle is tired or has made an overexertion perhaps the absorption of insulin is less.Greetings!!
Montse

Montse Brillas
01/12/2017 10:28 p.m.

Do not leave it, that in the long run it is good, adjust the insulin.My daughter is good to exercise on alternate days.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/12/2017 11:11 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It is also true !!I do not want to leave it because it is necessary to play sports and because I like it but I cannot have 170 readings when I wake up .... I will try to prick that day that day and/or adjust the insulin.THANK YOU MIL, REGINA !!

Montse Brillas
01/13/2017 7:55 a.m.

Once you do sports, the muscles continue to work up to 6 hours, and at dawSport, makes your levels "entirely true."It is absolutely normal, even if you do a test you will see how the same thing happens.Do, for example, exercise and when you finish the class you control yourself, you will see how you can have up to 300 mg/dl but be careful!Don't even think of pricking insulin because the hypoglycemia you will have will be incredible.The advisable thing is that you click on two hours of having done the sport, and in my case, under up to 2ui of the normal dose I wear.I hope my council has served you.Greetings :)
Link

monte brillas said:
hello!
I have been diabetic for 3 years.My guy is called MODY (a quite rare diabetes).It behaves like a 2 although I have no obesity and I am in the 40s. I started mertormin but after a year they had to insulinize.I am with the lantus once a day (before dinner) and with metformin and forxiga.
Yesterday I started some classes of stretching, an average yoga activity, half Pilates.It was to finish, get home and click, before dinner (normal dinner ...) this morning the glucose was at 170. I am usually around 130-140.Today has been totally unusual.And it sounds to me that exercise can affect the absorption of insulin, but I would like someone to confirm it to me.
Thank you very much in advance,
Montse

EuBeRiRo_24's profile photo
EuBeRiRo_24
01/13/2017 11:46 a.m.

Diabetes Tipo 1 desde Mayo de 1993.
Tresiba: 32 Ui a las 23:00h
Humalog Kwipen: de 2 a 5 Ui en cada (dependiendo de las cantidades de Hc y los niveles de glucosa)
HbA1c 7.4% ¡¡Alcanzando mi objetivo!!
Creciendo cada día y sin parar de luchar en este mundo llamado Diabetes
Del 92

Hello!

Thanks for your comments.It is so complicated to handle this .... My problem is that I think that insulin is not absorbed well due to the effort made by muscle and reading in the morning is very high.I just shed down at night, just after doing the sport.For this reason, perhaps I should increase the dose the days that I do sports ....
A cordial greeting !!

Montse Brillas
01/13/2017 12:01 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.