Hypoglycemia at dawn very often

davidmarin's profile photo   03/19/2016 2:16 p.m.

Hello forum, they consult you, a while ago I am having strong hypoglycemia (50 approx),
Hours: between 6am and 9 am in the morning
Ceno almost always 1/4 of the integral rice plate, 1/2 plate of vegetables and 1/4 of meat, abundant, at 10:30 p.m.
Use Lantus 24 U Injective at 9am
I stopped doing night walks and corrections because I go to the safe hypo, lately I go to bed with 200 or more after dinner to see if I arrive in the morning but I fall and hypo the same.
If you can bring me any data, it would be very useful

davidmarin's profile photo
davidmarin
03/19/2016 2:16 p.m.

Hola, Soy David de Córdoba, Argentina, tengo 40 años y 30 de diabetes.
Uso Lantus y Apidra.

@davidmarin personally I don't think lying higher solve the problem.Comment with your doctor, I would say that you must adjust Lantus, for the hours of the hypos.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
03/19/2016 2:26 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

For the time of the hypos, it seems that you are going through Lantus.One of two: Try to lower it or test to change the time you put it on, because it is possible that you do peak (no matter how much they say that Lantus does not peak maximum activity, in my case it does)

xorxie's profile photo
xorxie
03/19/2016 2:35 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

gemater said:
@davidarin personally I don't think lying higher solve the problem.Comment with your doctor, I would say that you must adjust Lantus, for the hours of the hypos.

Gema, currently I have not a year ago that I am without social work or health coverage, I am with a lawyer and claims but it is not yet resolved, for the moment he consults "of ear" and then it will be with the doctors as it should be (I hopesoon )

davidmarin
03/19/2016 2:36 p.m.

Uso Lantus y Apidra.

xorxie said:
for the time of the hypos, it seems that you are going from Lantus.One of two: Try to lower it or try to change the time you put it on, because it is possible that you do peak (no matter how much they say that Lantus does not peak maximum activity, in my case it does)

Xorxie, will it be possible to make a peak at 24 hours?It can be as you say I'm going, I'm going to try a few days with a couple of units less to see what happens, thanks!

davidmarin
03/19/2016 2:39 p.m.

Uso Lantus y Apidra.

@davidmarin because in that case he tries to lower the Lantus, since it is most likely.Excuse me, that I always say about the doctor because making changes in insulin depends on each case, so I put it.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
03/19/2016 4:04 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

I think how @gemater each is a world, each with very different ratios.Tell the doctor

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/19/2016 4:37 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

gemater said:
@davidmarin because in that case he tries to lower the lantus, since it is most likely.Excuse me, that I always say about the doctor because making changes in insulin depends on each case, that's why I put it.
I am one thousand percent according to the opinion of the doctor, in fact I continue to fight with the social work to recover the possibility of having a doctor to work with, but well until the solution the experience of the forum is very helpful (thank you!!!

davidmarin
03/19/2016 5 p.m.

Uso Lantus y Apidra.

I apologize @davidmarin had not read that you get Lantus in the morning.Obviously, it is not possible that you peak at the time when you have hypoglycemia, which is when, in theory, you would have to be exhausted.I can think of one thing, in addition to trying to lower Lantus: you could add after dinner some ration of slow absorption carbohydrates (bread type, cookies ...), that they release more slowly to the blood.You may lie with 200 glucose, but if those 200 have managed to drink fast hydrates (milk or fruit type), that blood glucose will rise very fast but will fall faster than with complex hydrates.The same is an absurd theory, but it is another possibility that I can think of to try to help you.

xorxie's profile photo
xorxie
03/19/2016 7:19 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

xorxie said:
apology @davidmarin had not read that you wear lantus in the morning.Obviously, it is not possible that you peak at the time when you have hypoglycemia, which is when, in theory, you would have to be exhausted.I can think of one thing, in addition to trying to lower Lantus: you could add after dinner some ration of slow absorption carbohydrates (bread type, cookies ...), that they release more slowly to the blood.You may lie with 200 glucose, but if those 200 have managed to drink fast hydrates (milk or fruit type), that blood glucose will rise very fast but will fall faster than with complex hydrates.The same is an absurd theory, but it is another possibility that I can think of to try to help you.

Xorxie, usually ceno an integral cereal to be slow and with enough fiber ... but I feel that I am going up to very high values ​​just to try to arrive in the morning, I think it is like you said above that perhaps the dose is high andYou must use less basal and more correction with quick

davidmarin
03/19/2016 7:32 p.m.

Uso Lantus y Apidra.

If you do not use quickly at meals, and you are putting alone lantus, the reason will be that you have the dose of Lantus too high, and you lack the rapid of meals ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/19/2016 10:26 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
If you don't use fast at meals, and you are putting alone lantus, the reason will be that you have the dose of lantus too high, and you lack the rapid of meals ..

I put both, Lantus and Apidra, 22 lantus and 1 or 2 of Apidra for food according to the amount of hydrates, what I am going to try this week is to injected later (near noon to be awake and have control of the9am, then I can stop the hypo before it is given) and lower the basal dose and two units to be tested
Thank you !!!

davidmarin
03/21/2016 12:57 a.m.

Uso Lantus y Apidra.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.