Trip abroad

albacarballo's profile photo   01/13/2017 9:37 p.m.

Hello, I am a diabetic for a few years, but until now I did not find the situation of having to travel to another country.I have talked to my doctor and I will take insulin from Spain since the stay will be two months.The doubt that arises is how the insulin that I have been for months, since my destiny is Prague (Czech Republic), and the journey will last several hours.I must transport insulin with cold, so as not to break the cold chain, or I can take it without problems at room temperature during the hours of the journey.
In the case of having to be cold, that you recommend me.

Thank you very much, greetings.

albacarballo's profile photo
albacarballo
01/13/2017 9:37 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@"Albacarballo", I make trips of more than 30 hours and I have insulin in the cabin suitcase and I assure you that nothing happens.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
01/13/2017 10:58 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

@albachaballo Insulin always in the hand suitcase, in the airplane warehouse temperatures are extreme.I always recommend you carrying twice as necessary and if possible in different places.For example, half on top and the other half in the hand suitcase.Take a Spanish and English document signed by your endo, where you say you need all the material you transport.
You can use a cold portfolio to transport insulin.Although it is not hot and there are a few hours there should be no problem.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
01/14/2017 12:44 a.m.

Totally agree with the classmates.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/14/2017 2:07 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@"albacarballo" read this issue, it is very complete, on the insulins, I recommend that you buy the large paucho bags, they are cheap and fit the bolis strip, the system consists of soaking the bag in water, which carries a gel thatKeep the fresh temperature for several days, I use it continuously, I also put you link.

Link
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
01/14/2017 2:21 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I have traveled abroad many times being diabetic and I totally agree with AlbertoT.Insulin never in the suitcase you invoke.The certificate that you are diabetic and the medications you need minimal in English and insulin to spare.I download myself from the Internet, I do not remember if it was from Diabetes Foundation, a certificate that comes in Spanish, English and French where your doctor only has to mark your medications, dose, which you also carry a meter, glucagon, ... and you already have itFor several languages.Have a good trip!!!

estherj's profile photo
estherj
01/14/2017 10:44 p.m.

It wasn't this but something like this is perfectly.I have attached the file

estherj's profile photo
estherj
01/14/2017 10:47 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.