What sport do you recommend?

Juan_miguel1's profile photo   02/22/2016 10:57 p.m.

When I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes a few weeks ago they told me to do sports and that I would improve my blood glucose levels the problem is that I do not know what sport is better for me because I never usually play sports and it does not attract any attention (I just like the gym) but I don't know if the gym is good for a diabetic.

Juan_miguel1's profile photo
Juan_miguel1
02/22/2016 10:57 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good @Juan_Miguel1 I have practiced bodybuilding from 18 to a couple of years ago in an intense and daily ...Stability and others ... I am great, and my endocrine says the same, the only bad body of bodybuilding, to others of steroids that I have used or crazy, and proteins, with which we have to be careful and respect, is that hypertrophy occurs in the heart and it can come badly ... so, I am more relaxed, I usually do 30/40 kilometers twice or three in week ... any sport will be good for you ... the.Matacion is very good.For anything here I am ...

Marcos_J_M's profile photo
Marcos_J_M
02/22/2016 11:27 p.m.

Marcos - 26 años - Debut a los 14
Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

@Juan_Miguel1.The best sport is the one that most caught your attention, the one you like best.Because if you start practicing something that does not attract you sooner or later you will leave it.

You say that you like the gym, do you mean lifting weights and using machines?If so, you have to keep in mind that this type of exercise usually raises glucose.I don't like gym, just cardiovascular sports such as running.In the gymnasium the maximum that lasts were about 5 months and to avoid the increase of glucose produced by the use of the machines towards elliptics about 10-15 minutes at the beginning.After a few weeks it is seen that my body had been done to exercise and it wouldn't go up so much.Everything is a matter of leaving you because after all we are different.

As an appetizer and to open mouth I recommend that you read this book:

Link

He is also put in this forum but I do not locate it

I encourage that being diabetic you can and sports should be done

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/22/2016 11:33 p.m.

Always aerobic sport, we go the bicycle, running, elliptical, swimming exercises, the worst that is going to you are weights.

Now I go to the gym, I do elliptical and some lifting but with little weight, to strengthen and those things that after pregnancy were very fofa, hehehe .....

Keep in mind when you exercise that its duration in time is prolonged, and an exercise that you do PR The afternoon can cause a downturn at night.

But we have something you like.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
02/23/2016 10:40 a.m.

Do everything you like and don't stop, see putting challenges little by little to force you.
I have been diabetic for 29 years, at 14 by medical prescription for being a diabetic I stop doing, you are staying in pictures I already imagine, I still keep the document and now I laugh at him, then because by Ganduleria did nothing.
Leave the sport totally on the side you have the 41 that I have hooked
Maybe you have already seen my blog but look at him if you want,
Link

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/23/2016 4:41 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

jconegar said:
do everything you like and do not stop, see putting challenges little by little greater to force you.
I have been diabetic for 29 years, at 14 by medical prescription for being a diabetic I stop doing, you are staying in pictures I already imagine, I still keep the document and now I laugh at him, then because by Ganduleria did nothing.
Leave the sport totally on the side you have the 41 that I have hooked
Maybe you have already seen my blog but look at him if you want,
Link

Thanks for helping me!I think I will try the gym and I will not go to swimming

Juan_miguel1's profile photo
Juan_miguel1
02/23/2016 5:18 p.m.

Swimming goes very well you move all muscles, be careful with glucose always, it is a sport that all muscles entered.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/23/2016 5:31 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Good morning!!!!!I, as I have already indicated in other threads, I usually do weight sports daily, and to this I add 2-3 days a week of the race (about 8-10km) and another 2-3 days of swimming (approximately one hour).
Of course what serves to lower the sugar is the race (eye with the hypos), but the swimming is much less aggressive.
As the partners say, the important thing is that you like it (I don't like it very much, but it helps me to think that every stroke or stride that I give helps me to be a little better)
All the best

nacho's profile photo
nacho
02/25/2016 12:42 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.