{'en': 'B-MY Watch: Bracelet for monitoring glucose, in development.', 'es': 'B-My Watch: Brazalete para monitorizar glucosa, en desarrollo.'} Image

B-MY Watch: Bracelet for monitoring glucose, in development.

fer's profile photo   01/16/2017 11:04 a.m.

An appropriate monitoring of glucose levels would benefit the quality of life of millions of people suffering from diabetes and students of the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM) and Cicise work on this project.

To this objective contributes the B-My Watch, a glucometer in development in charge of students of the Master in Nanosciences, a program taught together by the UNAM and the Center for Scientific Research and Higher Education of Ensenada (CICESE).

He added that according to the National Federation of Diabetes, there are 11 million Mexicans with this condition, statistical data that increases to 300 thousand new cases per year.

Given this health problem, David Shimomoto, José Tejeda (both engineers in Nanotechnology) and Iván Peralta, an electronics engineer, develop a bracelet capable of measuring glucose levels through the skin.

This means that it does not need drops of blood such as current devices.The B-My Watch is a non-invasive device that obtains precise readings of glucose levels, in real time, by biosensors.

Through a mobile application synchronized with the bracelet, the measurements are scheduled and generates a history with all the readings to easily share it with the user's doctor and family.

The device works like a common bracelet, which is placed on the patient's wrist to obtain the direct glucose of the skin without puncturing.

Currently, the device is in the experimentation stage;The electrodes used in the biosensor are tested in several people.

The three postgraduate students are co -founders of their own company, Biosense Technologies, with which they seek to promote this project.Currently, the B-My Watch is a functional prototype that gives a real-time reading with a 25 percent error.

To improve the efficiency of the device, this project is in a donation campaign, available on the donor

Through this campaign they will know the interest of society to acquire such a device.

In addition to continuing the necessary evidence to reduce the margin of error to 20 percent - as traditional glucometers - and thus meet user expectations.

The support that is obtained from this campaign will be used to acquire the equipment and reagents to produce beta devices.These will allow to know the multiple needs of users to be implemented in future devices.

These needs include those that are considered a glucose control in a comfortable, discreet and safe way through excellent utility, efficiency, cost and accessibility of the product.

Those who decide to support this project will obtain a reward: the company grants from promotional products as thanks to ready -to -date devices, together with the application for smartphones.

This project was winning first place in the XI Santander Award for Business Innovation 2016, and has advice by the Anáhuac incubator and the Carlos Slim Foundation.

For more information, the official site www.biosense.mx, social networks and the support campaign site Link

fer's profile photo
fer
01/16/2017 11:04 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hello forum, I was reading about that project and it sounds very good, I am interestedAmount to local coins.Does anyone know if entrepreneurship is serious?

davidmarin's profile photo
davidmarin
03/30/2017 6:39 p.m.

Hola, Soy David de Córdoba, Argentina, tengo 40 años y 30 de diabetes.
Uso Lantus y Apidra.

It would seem to be that although it is in the development phase they answered this when I wrote to them.

Hello afterego,

First of all, I want to apologize in the name of Biosense Technologies for the delay.
At the moment we have a functional prototype, and we are carrying out a fundraising campaign to give the last details to the non -invansive biosensor and be able to arrive a commercial product.
Here the campaign: Link
We invite you to support the project from 15 pesos, every weight counts.Likewise, we would appreciate a lot if you could help us spread the campaign to get to the final product.

We also invite you to see our Facebook and Internet page where you can get more information about it.

Link
www.biosense.mx

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/30/2017 10:38 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.