Glukometers

Nerin's profile photo   01/22/2017 12:56 p.m.

In a very short time, and after 2 years with type II diabetes, in which everything was already stabilized, the glucometer has given me 3 readings that I did not think they agreed with reality.
I performed other punctures and the values ​​decreased practically halfway.
Asking the glycometer distributors (delivered by the S.S.), they replied that there is no place to check if the glucometer is giving the correct results.
I must indicate that, at least once a week, I use the control system established by the aforementioned glucometer.
The question is: are glucometers distributed that do not need control every so often?Do not distributors have any way to verify that the data is correct?
If at the time of detecting that it was at 211, when in reality there were 103 (more than double), I would have put the fast insulin before dinner, what could have happened at night?
Surely he would have had a hypo of "emergencies"
A system is missing to control the functioning of glucometers from time to time.Unless the problem lies in reactive strips, which would also be, especially serious.

(I do not quote the name of the glucometer expressly, since I think it is extensible to any device that serves as a diabetes measurement.)

Nerin's profile photo
Nerin
01/22/2017 12:56 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The maximum allowed error in glucometers is 15%, it deviates more in high values.But from 200 to 100, as it happened to you, it is a huge difference.
If you are sure that happens, they should change the glucometer.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/22/2017 1:27 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.