Why didn't hypoglycemia notice?

Juan_miguel1's profile photo   02/28/2016 12:02 a.m.

He had a day with almost low sugar 75-82-64-116-99 and now 57 but I didn't notice anything weird as if nothing happened

Juan_miguel1's profile photo
Juan_miguel1
02/28/2016 12:02 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

They enter into normal. 57 is not very low, if you take into account the glycometer error.
You can lower a slow unit, not to be so fair ... if you recently started with insulin, you can be entering "honeymoon" and less insulin is needed ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/28/2016 12:54 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

For a year I was with those figures and it was for being on the honeymoon.And as Regina tells you they are normal figures.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
02/28/2016 8:51 a.m.

Another thing also happens, when you move in low figures, when you go down a little more, than if it is hypoglycemia, do not notice because you have been lowering very little by little that body does not ota the difference of 10-30 below the figuresin which you move

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/28/2016 11:35 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

The same thing happens to me sometimes I have 50 and I don't notice my doctor

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/28/2016 6:17 p.m.

If but since you do not carry an MCG any day you get a scare or a disgust, as you do not notice anything to yours and do not eat and catopum, any day to the ground or ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/28/2016 7:56 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I think the body gets used to it.In summer when I exercise less and therefore I am taller, when one day I am in 80 I begin to feel weird.It is starting to go down with sport and routines and being in 60 or so and I hardly notice it.
Anyway, I recognize that my tolerance to hypos is very high, because I have been in 40 or less and curing or swimming;Come on, madness.Now with the quieter Dexcom

nacho's profile photo
nacho
02/28/2016 8:37 p.m.

To me these days of heat and that I have also done enough sport, it happens to me that I get off alone with breathing, and with few or no symptoms ... luck of the continuous meter ... I do not know how I would have controlled it well from anothershape!;-)

fer's profile photo
fer
08/08/2016 1:40 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@nacho and @fer when you are in fair glycemia for time the body is losing the sensitivity to detecting symptoms or having hiccup symptoms.To recover, you have to stimulate the senses of the body again and it consists of being a time with glycemias environment 150-170.At least that is what the endo told me.I am also being able to be in 60-50 and I don't feel anything.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
08/08/2016 1:49 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

I do not realize many times, then I punctuate and I see that I am 50 and when I see it in the glucometer and if I perceive all the symptoms.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
08/08/2016 1:57 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

It seems that it depends on each person.There are some that notice hypoglycemia and others do not.
It also seems that the body is customary if we usually be low normally and we lose this perception.This is at least what a quite good book says about "Think like to pancreas" diabetes.In this book what they recommend is not to get off 80 for a few weeks, to recover this sensitivity.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
08/09/2016 7:39 a.m.

I identify with @sherpa41, I find myself perfect, I look and I'm 33 !!!Then I see everything yellow ...
I only notice them when I give me the downturn after a morning or afternoon of stress, or sport .... the strange thing is when I go tapas, I measure myself to measure and I have a hypo and there my cables are crossed ...With the capillary to contrast, and if effectively hip ...
When the honeymoon ends ... fear gives me ...

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/10/2016 12:07 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

When they are abrupt decreases they are more easily perceived .. if you are entertaining doing something and is going down little by little it is easier to go unnoticed ... the truth that the freestyle allows you to be more pending these variations.

ranty's profile photo
ranty
09/10/2016 2:59 p.m.

Sometimes when I have been quite high and I am going down sometimes I have the feeling of hiccThe hypos and that is very dangerous

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/10/2016 8:33 p.m.

antonimar said:
the same thing happens to me sometimes I am 50 and I do not notice my doctor says that at that time you have to upload it at least 155, well it is an advantage to have it low andDo not notice anything if you control yourself

No advantage, it is very likely that diabetes has already begun to damage the nervous system and that is why you do not even realize.

Santiago Ramírez Castañeda's profile photo
Santiago Ramírez Castañeda
11/07/2020 5:21 p.m.

Every time you are low of sugar and do not act, your threshold will decrease, which means that you will be lower and you will not know how much you are.

To avoid this, the best thing you can do is act by taking something as soon as you notice/you realize that you are low.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
11/07/2020 10:20 p.m.

I have only been with diabetes for a year, and I usually have the levels between 80 and 100, I just go up with meals but the beak lasts little, and that's why I do not notice the hypos either until I am in 50 and little.If you are normally at low sugar levels, I think you don't notice until you are quite low (unless the descent is very fast).I feel good, I don't notice anything.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
11/08/2020 12:32 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.