{'en': 'Reactive strips - the business of the century', 'es': 'Tiras reactivas - El negocio del Siglo'} Image

Reactive strips - the business of the century

ROSA MARIA LLOBERA's profile photo   01/24/2017 8:10 a.m.

Hello everyone and congratulations for the continuous information and help you make.

We are a marriage with insulin -dependent diabetes, (DM1) and from (more or less) will do about three years, we are investigating a system of lowering reactive strips and reusing them at least three times.

Currently, and following the guidelines indicated by doctors in general, (and that practically orbit around us, endocrine, general medicine, etc.), it is advisable to use them only once, for greater precision.

Well, with a lot of dedication, money, and aid of doctors and hospitals, we have achieved a first, say, outline, of our long -awaited search.

We are from Barcelona, ​​and the hospital that collaborates is the "Germans Trias", of Badalona, ​​better known as "Can Ruti", this investigation is mainly due to the fact that every time we are going to collect the lancets, we seem to supply that we supply that wegive something so necessary for our daily control, when in the medical bulletin, in this case, of the Ministry of Salut,
indicate that measurement guidelines will be 4 to 7 daily ..

We can keep talking about it, but I don't know if it's important for you.

Thank you very much for having read here.

Rosa Mª

ROSA MARIA LLOBERA's profile photo
ROSA MARIA LLOBERA
01/24/2017 8:10 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello!You talk about reusing lancetas, right?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/24/2017 4:37 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I imagine that he will refer to the strips since he speaks of the business of the century, the lancetas are cheap and can be reused without many problems.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
01/24/2017 5:41 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@"ROSA MARIA LLOBERA" Welcome to the forum, interesting what you comment, but I have the same doubt that @regina and @"sherpa41", I don't know if you mean the lancets or the strips properly, can you clarify?

fer's profile photo
fer
01/24/2017 6:29 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hi Regina, thanks for your interest.
Exactly we refer to reusing the strips where blood is deposited for later glucose reading in any type of device, a topic totally prohibited by doctors, since they can make some ravage with our glucose control.
But moreover, the strips we try to develop can control more parameters and varied such as cholesterol etc.
I cannot talk about the situation and service in the rest of Spain, sorry for our own ignorance, but due to the study and search work, we have held various meetings with researchers, and we always reach the same conclusion: dear pharmaceutical ones.
One of the visits, by the way, very rewarding, was that of Dr. Anna Novials (Diabetological Research Program) in her clinician laboratory, by the way, laboratory built thanks to the donation of Mrs. Koplowitz.
In a brief exhibition at the College of Physicians, we put on the table the real billing numbers based on the sale of said product and only in Spain, it is amazing.
Well I don't lengthen the mail, I would get excited and never end up, we can keep talking if you want.

Rosa Mª

ROSA MARIA LLOBERA
01/24/2017 7:25 p.m.

I don't understand what you mean. What are you carrying out an investigation for reusable strips? 'What are you already available?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/25/2017 2:12 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Good morning regina
Yes, we are carrying, or rather "supporting" the investigation of the real strips and, as I have mentioned above, with much more information for our doctors.
We have gone through several phases, and we would currently have to enter a part of the project where conceptual tests will be done.
Everything is very slow, not for us who would like to have the solution in our hands, but the administration
It is a world totally apart from ours.
At the length of the day, if I can, you will have good information for your interest.
thank you.
Rosa Mª

ROSA MARIA LLOBERA
01/25/2017 8 a.m.

Very interesting.Are you strips or are you working in other format, such as blisers?
The SS gives us the counts with counts.
My nurse told me that in the Community of Madrid if they are passed by giving us reactive strips, the budget for the following year in strips is reduced by 15%, as they always pass, there are less and less units available for diabetics.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/26/2017 11:31 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Well, it should be the other way around, if they are passed, it is because they need more for what the following year should add that 15%, not remove it.I don't know how some think ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
01/26/2017 11:44 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

gala said:
Well, it should be the other way around, if they are passed it is because they need more so the following year they should add that 15%, not remove it.I don't know how some think ....

Your logic is to meet real needs.But the logic of those who decide the budget given for material is the logic of punishment: "If you don't do what I order you, I punish you."So simple, different points of view;The one of those public authorities first thinks about money.

Again it seems to me that the only way to try to get more material from a health service whose speech is the wonderful attention to people's health, is that both direct users of the material and the doctors who recipe it, let's clarify both claimstime, to all possible instances, call health center, councils, etc.I'm going to ask for the next visit.If they don't give them to me, I'll make a writing.I know that many times they ignore, I have proven it.But others yes.So when I have a while without anger and calm, I put claims.It is what is in our hand, small things.

good day :-)

imara's profile photo
imara
01/26/2017 12:20 p.m.

Hello everyone again.
I see that the same thing happens in all communities, and that is why our long work would have to be good, forgiveness, great, in every way.
Actually the idea arose from a bad experience in a Salut center, which in Catalonia we call them Cap, that is, primary care center, by collecting the strips that touch us.
In the first place, the Salut councils that acquire the product would benefit, on the one hand because, being a more economical cost, (let's think they are a bit cheaper, but being re -usable about three times or more, it means that said saidSmall savings transforms into a brutal percentage of money) could deliver them with more "economic" tranquility, affecting the same medical services the result, because to more control, less complications derived from the disease, less interventions, less endocrine visits, etc., even to be able to dedicate the leftover to other medical needs.
On the other side, we are those who suffer from diabetes. If our controls are more constant, we can lead a quieter life and better control our day by day without having to be asking and constantly claiming, also apply the theory of a more control lessVisits, less labor absence ... etc ..
I also have to say that these strips can be "communicated" with any data transmission separation.
That is, by introducing the strip into the reader, he can communicate with mobile devices, which is currently already done by the majority readers.
I keep talking at another time if you still are interested.
Rosa Mª

ROSA MARIA LLOBERA
01/26/2017 2:17 p.m.

It seems very good what he says, but we are not what we decide.Things must be demonstrated, following the established channels, clinical trials endorsed and supervised where appropriate by an entity or administration, which can verify its clinical and economic efficacy.The rest is to wander.Greetings

Fco_Javier_8888's profile photo
Fco_Javier_8888
01/26/2017 2:51 p.m.

Hello Mr. Fco. Javier.
We do not wander, moreover, we work to get a necessary and very important product for all of us.
We have more than three or four years, elbow with doctors, hospitals, state research centers, the Generalitat, etc. And that is why it is reflected in our comments.
We are diabetics and we do not play with anyone's salut, including ours.
As I indicated, we are in the conceptual test phase, we have not yet entered them.
There are two hospitals that have been offered to collaboration, as they also suffer from the economic crisis and reduce budgets.
I never ask to decide, I just bring information closer to a group of people close to the disease.
I apologize if I have bothered him, it was not my intention.
Rosa Mª

ROSA MARIA LLOBERA
01/26/2017 3:03 p.m.

I appreciate your work and for the good of all desire that comes to fruition.
Greetings

Fco_Javier_8888
01/26/2017 4:03 p.m.

Thank you, but it is not my job, it is the work of doctors, scientists, "scholarships" and/or subsidies from Europe, or where they come, germans trias of Badalona, ​​... etc.
We are only a small part of the whole amount that involves some of this size, but, I insist that it is for the good of all of us and the more people know about it, the more pressure for pharmacists.
At another time, the real numbers of what is paid "only" in Spain will pass them.
Rosa Mª

ROSA MARIA LLOBERA
01/26/2017 4:58 p.m.

Good day,
To me, more than economic numbers and issues, I am interested in seeing if these research are real, what team is doing, where, with what methods, what is expected of the people in this forum (because simple access to theInformation does not generate pressure on anyone, and less about pharmacists).As @"fco_javier_8888" says, research has to follow some channels (for me the really important ones are scientists, because we already know that administrative and economic channels often falsify scientific results, or eliminate possible paths or give for good others not so soGood, simply because it interests economically or populistically).

Anyway, I wish you that this work will bring to fruition, suitable for all the people who need reactive strips in their day to day, and that the administrations save money (which, on the other hand, are spent on other issues lessnecessary :-))

imara's profile photo
imara
01/27/2017 8:30 a.m.

imara said:
good day,
To me, more than economic numbers and issues, I am interested in seeing if these research are real, what team is doing, where, with what methods, what is expected of the people in this forum (because simple access to theInformation does not generate pressure on anyone, and less about pharmacists).As @"fco_javier_8888" says, research has to follow some channels (for me the really important ones are scientists, because we already know that administrative and economic channels often falsify scientific results, or eliminate possible paths or give for good others not so soGood, simply because it interests economically or populistically).

Anyway, I wish you that this work will bring to fruition, suitable for all the people who need reactive strips in their day to day, and that the administrations save money (which, on the other hand, are spent on other issues lessnecessary :-))

I totally agree with you, that the administrations pay a fuck for the strips, because we make the numbers of the monthly taxes that we pay VAT around 21 and 5% depending on what we buy and everything we buy and pay, and otherlocal taxes, regional, etc.
Then it is not that defending the pharmacists, all companies in general, who work with administration infected prices because they know they will charge late and the disbursement do so immediately.So sincerely I am not worried that the administration is saved or not, the savings is in management.Thing that is not done.
If not, the State forms its own pharmacists investigate and serve new products.
In addition, if I had both technical knowledge and in the field of health, which I would investigate in continuous cheap glucose meters, which is the one that interests us, to know how our glucose moves throughout the day.Do not see six or seven photos, see the complete movie.
That is what I would save on hospital invoice, would improve our health.
Greetings

Fco_Javier_8888
01/27/2017 10:35 a.m.

Very good, let's not understand, one of the biggest problems of our world are the punctures and you investigate reuse strips, that system should be obsolete for years, we are a booming trade, if it is already worth thinking of young childrenClicking on a finger, or just the noise of the pen, by God forget these strips, they investigate other less invasive methods.

xara's profile photo
xara
01/29/2017 11:13 a.m.

The truth is that I can't imagine how a meter strip can be used.It contains some reagents that are exhausted with the first test, and the meter rejects them giving an error, for that part I see it "weird".Developing a reusable strip several times looks more like the concept of MCG, but in that development the idea is that it is as invasive as possible.Is there anything posted in scientific journals?For reading something really solid on the subject.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/29/2017 6:57 p.m.

Good, it seems to me that this study is a bit at the wrong time.Today I think it would be more successful to use these resources to improve and reduce CGM.While the therapy remains with insulin the future is the pump+CGM.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/29/2017 9:18 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.