{'en': 'A newly diagnosed girl dies of diabetes while waiting for the ambulance', 'es': 'Muere una niña recién diagnosticada de diabetes mientras esperaba la ambulancia'} Image

A newly diagnosed girl dies of diabetes while waiting for the ambulance

fer's profile photo   01/25/2017 9:04 a.m.

The pediatric ICU, which should take her from Blanes Hospital to Barta, took two hours to arrive.

The Department of Health of the Generalitat has opened an investigation to clarify the death of an eight -year -old girl who arrived in a critical condition of the Blanes Regional Hospital (Gerona) and died while waiting for a pediatric ambulance for transfer to the Trueta Hospital of Gerona.

According to CC OO, the child arrived very serious with diabetic ketoacedosis - a typical picture of a diabetes type i - to the Blanes regional hospital around two in the morning.

Although the pediatrician immediately administered the treatment and managed to stabilize it, it was decided to transfer it to the UCI of the nearest tertiary hospital, Gerona's trick.According to the union, the Medical Emergency System (SEM) was requested an urgent pediatric ambulance at four in the morning, but it did not reach up to four hours.By then the girl had already died.

CC OO considers that the fatal outcome could probably have been avoided if there were more pediatric mobile UCI, since it is currently operating with two for all of Catalonia and both have their operational center in Barcelona: one at the Vall d'Hebron hospital and the otherat the Sant Joan de Dèu hospital.The SEM vehicle that went to Blanes at dawn on Saturday left from Vall d’Hebron and, according to the union, to make a journey of about 40 minutes, on that occasion it took about four hours.

Given the seriousness of the complaint, the Generalitat has opened an investigation to determine if there was negligence.As the counselor responsible for this portfolio, Antoni Comin, was transferred to the mayor of Blanes, Miquel Lupiáñez, in a telephone conversation, the responsibility could fall on the doctors who chose to call a pediatric ambulance when, in his opinion, with a UCIconventional mobile would have been enough.Lupiáñez explained yesterday in a statement that Comín transmitted, in addition, other details, such as the child died of a sepsis, that is, a generalized infection.

On the other hand, Comín gave a different version than that of CC OO with respect to the time it took the ambulance from the Vall d’Hebron hospital to the Blanes region.According to Salut, the girl entered at 2.33 in the morning and that the coordination unit of the SEM did not receive the notice until 5.53 hours.

Therefore, and according to the Ministry, the medical vehicle took two hours, "the normal response time", and not four as the union states.However, the counselor considered that bad praxis cannot be determined and "settle responsibilities" until the investigation concludes.Of course, he wanted to make it clear that the SEM acted correctly and that the tragedy "is not attributable to this service."

In the afternoon, the General Director of Professional Planning and Health Regulation of the Ministry of Health, Neus Rams, offered a press conference to explain that the department is collecting all possible information and that the process can "last a couple of months".

He explained that until now they know that the patient was treated in a CAP, after a few days she entered the emergency room and decided that she should be transferred to the Josep Trueta hospital in Gerona to be treated by a more specialized team, for which aFirst call at 5.53, after which several conversations occurred, and before the transfer could be achieved worsened and died.

The child's parents, so far, have not filed a complaint and ask for respect.

fer's profile photo
fer
01/25/2017 9:04 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

What a tragedy!By God, someone gets me out of ignorance .... A diabetic ketoacedosis is not corrected with intravenous serum insulin?What a fear in the body, I live in a very small town, surely the ambulance will arrive on time for my funerals.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
01/25/2017 11:18 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

But well, but that girl was careful?If with an acetosis like this I did not have to have lost many kilos, I had to show many symptoms, and for many days, one does not die like that, I do not explain it to me.
I lack data, I don't understand.:-/

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
01/25/2017 11:41 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@"Aranzazuleg" I think the same as you, I do not understand how the case became so urgent and extreme, more than why the ambulance did not arrive in time, what should be studied is why diabetes was not detected in time!!!>: P

fer's profile photo
fer
01/25/2017 11:56 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

That, as it was not detected before, that diabetes has visible soy symptoms, that although you do not know how your child changes, as it loses without reason, it is always sleeping .... I don't know, it had to have shown symptoms and symptoms andThey had to have taken it to the doctor for any of those reasons, I don't know ...

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
01/25/2017 12:08 p.m.

I am also in shock for the news ... both for ketoacidosis so serious that I had (it was for whatever) and for knowing what they did in the first hospital ... I tb thought that with insulin and intravenous serum there is a corregia...
Nor do we know if it was a debut (I imagine yes) but now I think and if it was for an incurrent disease or by an infection ?? Can any of these things arrive to destabilize diabetes so sharply?
I welcomed myself ...

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
01/25/2017 12:26 p.m.

I don't understand my soul either.
Somewhere I have read that he was already in the emergency department of the health center previously and that he was sent home and that in the worsening his parents decided to take it directly to the hospital.We will have to see in the end as everything happened, I think it has been a negligence behind another, or a bad diagnosis.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
01/25/2017 12:53 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Yesterday a companion passed the news, my heart was put to a thousand, my eyes were loaded like two sources when I read it.This is so not recognized diabetes before anyone as a serious illness that is.
A person very close to me lived not something similar for a long time, it is stirring heaven and earth so that it does not happen again, but I assure you that this girl will only return their lives and their parents will be marked until they die.
Thinking about that stir my guts, remember again kills me.
I cannot say anything but what I am clear that diabetes is not and will be recognized before the health system as a serious illness that is and recognized by it as such.
We all fight, we always try to carry it as well as possible, we are on the street and we are not seen badly, perhaps we should die many so that this is already changing from a fade time.
When you live something similar I can assure you that they only want to cry because what has happened to that girl and those parents who now not use any comfort can happen to anyone, especially because we may have less help.
The most serious thing that anyone will pay for what happened so that at least it serves as a lesson and does not happen anymore.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/25/2017 1:35 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@"jconegar", I have always thought about that, that as we are not seen badly ... no damn case that they do to you and even in some circumstance that you have to say that you are diabetic and that you are wrong, they think that you use itAs an excuse as there have already been cases for example in an exam and gives you a descent

Gala's profile photo
Gala
01/25/2017 3:41 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Surely the initial diagnosis in the health center failed, and when they took her to the hospital, she was already very serious.That happens many times, children enter the ICU and save themselves from miracle

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/25/2017 4 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@"jconegar", when I read the ambulance I thought of you and your fight.There is probable that there is no negligence (breach of protocols), but rather, absence of protocols to prioritize our emergencies.Greetings.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
01/25/2017 4:59 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

We are going to wait to comment, the news is not very clear ...
I had to come 2 times the Samur Xq did not go back with 2 glucagones and there was no more at home and I can't put any paste (well my parents because I was beyond here, he recovers knowledge with them at home ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
01/25/2017 5:24 p.m.

@Gala In a case of these an ambulance cannot fail, there are taxis to take hospital doctors to houses at an emergency house, there are non -care ambulances, and in case of extreme gravity to helicopters.
This clear or not the news is the same has been poor management by emergency services that has cost a life.
What is not entitled to maintain a meeting with the director of the 112 and deputy director of the Murcian Health Service and that they communicate that 98 % of the interventions are positive, that girl in Catalonia if they think the same possibly were that 2 %.
There is no right and there is no excuse.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/25/2017 7:19 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Starting from the fact that I do not understand how you can cross your arms waiting for a pediatric mobile UVI to arrive when the important thing is to move to the girl and that they attend it as quickly as possible, I have to say that I have not understood the news well.I do not know if I have read it badly or what, but it says very clearly that he entered with ketoacidosis, stabilized it and then decided to transfer it to a more specialized center.But what makes it clear is that he died of sepsis, not of a ketoacidosis.I understand then that what killed her was an infection and that they wanted to transfer her because of the infection that the poor creature had.
What was DM1 ??Yes. What is unfortunate that cases like this happen?Totally agree.But I think it has nothing to do with diabetes or that the article is also poorly written, that also.The "recently diagnosed" headline says, which already had to be in treatment, unless they diagnose that same night.But it's all very rare.I will look for the news in other media to see if they explain it better.

nachemi's profile photo
nachemi
01/25/2017 8:46 p.m.

What a mess.I have read three articles and in one they say that it was treated for ketoacidosis but that he died of sepsis.In another they do not talk about ketoacidosis.And in a third they say anything about sepsis.Everything sounds to me of cheap sensationalism and that nobody cares about the poor girl, only the scandal that causes the news of death due to negligence that is not yet clear who it was.
All my support for the family.Please stop talking until there is an investigation and establish those responsible.

nachemi's profile photo
nachemi
01/25/2017 8:58 p.m.

@jconegar, if I do not say otherwise, I say that it cautious with the news

Gala's profile photo
Gala
01/25/2017 10:31 p.m.

@nachemi The mental block that perhaps the parents could have until impossible to drive, to be in their skin you have to live being a potato and perhaps they could have caused even an accident of the nerve state.
There is no right that a person has no assistance in their state.
It is the same what has happened to him only that a girl has died due to a lack of assistance.
But after having lived a similar case, it is shameful.Tell the politicians to leave their punches official cars, their trips paid all of luxury, and do not attend a girl and that they die, what does it give for what he died right now?

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/25/2017 10:41 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

It seems to me that I did not express myself well.I do not say that parents will cross their arms or pecut of inaction.It is the hospital staff who has to provide assistance and the means to treat the patient.For that you go to a hospital, because you trust that they are going to do what they should and in the best possible way.
If they say that some were in continuous communication with the others how can it happen that something like that suddenly goes out of hand?
It is shameful.Spot.

nachemi's profile photo
nachemi
01/25/2017 10:53 p.m.

This is full -fledged negligence.It could be that the parents were negligent, I do not rule it out ... but in my case, for example, I went to the hospital with clear symptoms of precursion to diabetes and my doctor then prescribed me pills for depression, being endocrine as a specialty.So I consider if you have no knowledge of medicine, you take your daughter to the doctor and tell you that it is nothing, what should you do?

FernandoGR's profile photo
FernandoGR
01/26/2017 1:27 a.m.

It seems incredible, poor girl. It is very soon to speak, but maybe that girl spent the same as my son. Six months my 3 -year -old boy became bad, urinated a lot and vomiting. The pediatrician of a cap inMadrid was invented by the diagnosis; pharyngoamigdalitis, 20 hours later very serious admission to the ICU. The Pediatrician of the UCI put in its report; impress the state in which the child arrives, they had gone to his pediatrician 20 hours before, without any symptomof pharyngoamigdalitis. My son very serious admission to the ICU, with breath of kussmaul.Child I knew it, I read this and my heart leaves me sweet Julieta

elenax80's profile photo
elenax80
01/27/2017 11:41 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.