{'en': '"Bad" insulin', 'es': 'Insulina "mala"'} Image

"Bad" insulin

Cuevast's profile photo   01/26/2017 10:49 a.m.

Good morning, I wanted to ask you if it ever happened to you that insulin has become bad.

This morning when I went to prick the quick, I have seen that I was cloudy and a color like yellowish.

The pen is less than a month and has not been exposed to very high temperatures .. The only thing that occurs to me is that it has become bad due to the heating of the house, although it would surprise me a little, I do not leave the insulin next toThe radiators.

I have opened a new pen, I have not dared to put it that way.Has it ever happened to you?Do you know why can that happen?

Thanks, greetings.

Cuevast's profile photo
Cuevast
01/26/2017 10:49 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@"Cuevast" The yellow color has never happened to me, or at least, I have not noticed, however, that the air bubble appears inside, it happens to me when I have the ball in warmer environments than usual, either because it is summer, or by heating, if I do not have misunderstanding, it is an effect of heat, so it can lose effectiveness, but little more.

The color change, if it surprises me ... I would not put it at the moment, until it is clear, to see if someone else can comment.

fer's profile photo
fer
01/26/2017 11:19 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hello, the turbidity and color change has not happened to me, but in the prospect it makes it clear that if that happens, you have to discard it.And not use the same pen in any case more than four weeks.At least for Toujeo and Apidra that I use.

As for the bubbles, in all the cartridges and feathers that I have used there is some little girl, always.The endos have told me that nothing happens.What I do before injected, also by indication of the endo, is to put the pen with the needle, put a unit, and release the liquid into the air.It seems that it is to eliminate possible bubbles in the fair area of ​​the exit.

imara's profile photo
imara
01/26/2017 11:38 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Faced with the doubt, the best you have done.
To my Mariacastin, some if I got murky but humans have never spoiled me.The Lantus Si and it was due to excess cold

Gala's profile photo
Gala
01/26/2017 11:42 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.