Diabetics without treatment

Nila's profile photo   03/01/2016 8:26 p.m.

Good afternoon!!!

He carried glucose levels quite well, thanks to carrying a strict diet and walking about 7km every day.

Peeeeero, it turns out that I moved from a city, I began to have to spend more time to work and opposition study, etc.Upon returning home after interinity I do not work and I have tried to take more or less levels, in fact, the last phenomenal analytics glycoso to 6 and all other values ​​(cholesterol, triglis ...) very well too.

Now I am waiting for the results of the opposition, I have been so long and I have a lotMody or not and I would tell me what treatment to have.But this is delayed and the time does not arrive, I am having the high levels (higher than I used to have), in the morning I am above 120 every day when I had everything more or less controlled, etc.

Well, in short, I have thrown a roll to ask how you do what you have no treatment like me, to control glucose levels, when you go out there to eat what you usually ask for, what kind of activity you do (I eachI am less :() and anything else we can share and help each other.You can't follow such strict diet forever, I've been like this for a year and I'm a bit frustrated because I can't do anything.And it frustrates me a little.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
03/01/2016 8:26 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

When they do the analytics and see the value of glycosilada, they will put the treatment. You will have to eat what you need., With the proper treatment.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/01/2016 8:33 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I did the analytics at the beginning of February and it has come out 6. He has congratulated me and sent me for home for 6 months.My diet is super strict, so I maintain the levels, but as I spend a little or go out to eat, and the mess, although in the glycy, pasta, rice, bread or try them practically, all vegetables, fish or chicken basically, legumes a plate.And snacks, tea and little else.Lately I am taking sugar -free chocolate and I am already liating it a lot to take a whip of that.And at 40gr of bread and tea.I have had to remove to olive oil and milk at breakfast because it gets very high.
My mother has been without treatment for many years and I think I am on the same path, which has its good side, of course, because the use of medications and subsequently insulin is being delayed, but it also has its opposite, of course.

That is why I wanted to talk to people who are in the same situation that I am, to share ideas of meals that do not upload much, for example or anything else that happens to us.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
03/01/2016 9 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

How are you now?Have you been quickly?
Having such a strict diet, of course it produces anxiety.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/01/2017 5:25 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

@"Nila" Carbohydrates cannot be removed from the feeding of any person ... and I see that, except vegetables, you do not eat either pasta or rice, or bread, or potatoes ... These are basic and necessary producer, to a greater or lesser extent ... you should rethink it, not consume any HC of this type can cause you problems in the more or less close future ....

JPR's profile photo
JPR
08/02/2017 9:40 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

@JPR I do not agree with you, neither the pasta nor the rice nor the bread are necessary at all.He thinks that these products were introduced into human food very recently with respect to our entire evolution.Cereals have been consuming (where it first began) about 10000 years, which is nothing in all human evolution.If these foods were so essential, how do we manage to survive without them so many millions of years without them?Apart from that the vegetable and fruit already have enough hydrates, with that and legume is more than enough.There are many studies that show that low hydrates diets are not dangerous and are much healthier.In fact, synthetic insulins were invented to diabetics, they were treated with this type of diets.Logically, the type I without insulin died but the type II did not have much better control than now with drugs.
Considering these foods as essential comes from the famous nutritional pyramid that places cereals at the base (which was created by the US Department of Agriculture, not by doctor or nutritionists) and is what has caused the epidemic of obesity, diabetes and metabolic diseases that we have today.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
08/03/2017 3 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

@"Yesssica_a" but by improving food, life expectancy has been increasing.The first humans did not live more than 30 years.
Although it is true that with legumes, fruits and vegetables, hydrates needs are covered

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/03/2017 4:23 p.m.

@Regina about life expectancy is not true.It has increased due to medicine advances that have greatly reduced infant mortality.In the paleolitic, child mortality was very high due to infections that are curable today or can be prevented with vaccines (between 30% and 40%).
Life expectancy is the average of the amount of years that a population lives in a certain period, that is, the average age of the deceased.Life expectancy does not measure the maximum age at which the longest population reaches, but the average age to which it dies.
In fact when the Neolithic began (and the consumption of cereals and larger populations where diseases were extended faster) life expectancy was quite reduced.Step from 33 to 20 years (Wikipedia data, I don't know if they are quite correct but it seems that it is very documented by the references it puts).
The important thing is not life expectancy because in populations with a lot of infant mortality it is not a fact that brings you a lot compared to today that children barely die.In the Paleolithic for example if you reached 15 your life expectancy went to 54 years.It is not far from the 50-65 that you had at birth in the twentieth century where there were already enough medical advances.And we must bear in mind that life in the Paleolithic was very demanding, those who arrived at old people did it in good condition because if it was not impossible for the predators to survive, cold, hunger ...
In fact in some developed countries, life expectancy is starting to go down even though medical advances continue to grow.And much of the fault is food.Nowadays we consume many processed foods that carry substances that the human being has never consumed and subjects them to processes that had never been subjected to them.All this happens to us because the human body is not adapted.

Yessica_A
08/03/2017 5:38 p.m.

Each who makes the diet that does well or in which he has more confidence or better works, the paleolithic, the vegan or that of the artichoke.@"Yesssica_a", totally agree on the processed foods that we currently consume but I also do not think that the foods consumed by the Paleolithic without human manipilation (proteins, vegetables and fruits) can be compared with the foods we currently eat as soon asTo toxicity, fumigation products in plantations and orchards, heavy metals by pollution etc, etc. so I think that feeding only these products may maintain the most stable glycemia but in the long term you are equal to putting other other important parts at risk.-

As we all know that today the animals are fattened for the meat, the fish is contaminated by metals that are deposited in the sea, the vegetables are fumigated to end the bugs and other niceties, I am left with what aeminent English scientist when asked and then what can we eat .. ??Answer: Well, a balanced diet based on a bit of everything (dairy, proteins, vegetables, legumes and HC) and without excessively abusing only one class of products.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/03/2017 10:57 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@"Sigsauer" I agree that today's foods have many toxic that had not had years ago when everything was less contaminated.But there are always options with less toxic.Not all fish have the same amounts of metals, there are barely as the sardines, the mackerel and in general the small fish.As for the meat there are options of animals raised in freedom eating grass instead of feed.And the vegetables are ecological.I am lucky and consumption almost everything from my grandmother's garden that does not carry any chemical and the eggs of the house of home well fed and loose by the corral.And what I buy try to take the options that seem healthier to me.
Anyway, each one to do what seems best, I have it very clear after informing me a lot, but it is not my intention to try to convince anyone.I just give my opinion and put what works for me to help me.

Yessica_A
08/04/2017 8:31 a.m.

@"Yesssica_a" It is clear that there are products from the garden and totally ecological, that at least those that I have tried, eggs, tomatoes, chickens etc. have no color or anything to do with those marketed in bulk for industries, but you will beOkay or that you have your own or family garden to be able to supply or have a good economic level to access them, I could fortunately allow it but not everyone reaches the prices that are "asked" for for organic products orNo process.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/04/2017 2:11 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@"Sigsauer" of course I agree.They are much more expensive and not everyone can allow them.
In any case, all foods are to a greater or lesser extent contaminated, also air, water ... It is impossible to flee 100% of it.In any case, it will always be better to eat plenty of vegetables even if it has certain chemicals than processed products that carry a lot of nurseries that are not even understood that they are when you look at the ingredients.I believe that the less processed it is always better.
I am not at all against eating food with hydrates but I do believe that there are healthier sources than others.For me it is better to eat potato, vegetables, legume or fruit than bread and pasta.Cereals carry the same pollutants as the rest but also undergo a processing when refining the flour that takes almost all nutrients and the IG increases a buried.If it is 100% integral (only the ground grain) it seems better to me although I still see it unnecessary.There is no nutrient in cereals that is not in vegetables, fruit or legumes.So I don't think you generate any lack of eating them.Anyway, it is my opinion, everyone has yours and as valid as mine.
I do not believe that the rise that generates sugar is compensated with the few nutrients it provides and that I can get from other sources.And so I do well.I am doing it wrong but until I see serious studies that say otherwise I will continue.Because today I have not seen any against vegetables, fruits, meat (except red), fish or eggs.And if I have seen many who associate the consumption of refined flours and cereals to many diseases.So for now I trust that.In nutrition there is nothing black or white and in each person the same food causes different reactions.It is difficult to make decisions that eating or not but in the end for something you have to decide and each one will have to assess that you trust more.

Yessica_A
08/04/2017 2:41 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.