Fast insulin extra doses

Sorprendido's profile photo   03/23/2016 8:19 p.m.

Hello everyone

I would like to know if you get extra doses, one or several units of fast insulin, when you detect that your glycemia is high, for example.above 250 mg/dl., To correct, and if that affects you subsequent control.My endocrine advises it.What do you think?

Greetings.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
03/23/2016 8:19 p.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

I do put it on, and then, then you have to take it into account in the later dose.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/23/2016 8:28 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I do the same, I don't know why the endocrine advise you, can you explain?

fer's profile photo
fer
03/23/2016 9:26 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

If I wear, my endocrine sees it natural, it starts with care 1 or 2uds.fast x every 100mg/dl you want to go down, analyze how it descends, analyze after a while and if it does not spend much time until your next regular dose of fast insulin, keep in mind that you will have two fast insulins making effect at the same time.
And do not tell you that you spend many strips for analysis, better to know what happens to you and learn.
Cheer up

19lajara's profile photo
19lajara
03/23/2016 9:31 p.m.

debut:1993. HbA1c: 6.1% (12/02/24). Desde Marzo 2024 intentando entender a mi nueva pareja, una Ypsopump con CamdiabFx.
..., Deporte, deporte, alguna carrera corta, media distancia, Marathon Valencia 2017, Marathon Frankfurt 2016, 1/2 Maratón Zaragoza 2016; Maratón Zaragóza 2015; ...

I think that if you are a honey -free type1, I changed my endocrine.

It does not explain how to correct you, nor the issue of the correction factor, and on top of course you can correct even when you are above 250. A jewel.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
03/23/2016 9:43 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I think like the rest, if you are in high figures you have to correct, having in accounts if in less than three hours you put insulin again not to repeat correction.It is rare that they tell you otherwise, in case something escapes us ... You will tell us what reason your endocrine is not to do so

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
03/23/2016 10:06 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

clarifying that all this is orientative and in doubt always consult with the endocrine, this is the pattern they gave me in the hospital:
If blood glucose is less than 70 decrease 2 units
Yes ................................. 100 decrease 1 unit
Yes .......................... greater than 12 Add 1 unit
Yes .......................... greater than 150 Add 2 units
Yes .......................... greater than 200 add 3 units
Yes .......................... greater than 250 Add 4 units
All are prepandrial glycems (before eating), for high glutemia between hours the correction of each is a world, sensitivity to each unit of insulin, sport etc, etc ....
All the best

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/23/2016 10:09 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I do not think directly I am looking for another Endo Jajaj.
That is one of those who are expected to be 100 in case you get a marathon later and go down.
That's a nonsense !!!!!That you give you why really.Everyone has some ratios, you can tell you more or less, but do not get a nonsense.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/23/2016 11:39 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I appear from 140-150 I correct with 1 or 2 units, if it is at night between 3 and 6 am with 2 because for whatever I have more resistance than the rest of the day that Cortijo with 1

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/24/2016 8:21 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.