Extremadura leads the use of insulin pumps in diabetes treatments

fer's profile photo   03/07/2016 10:47 a.m.

Extremadura leads its use, since this treatment is used by 11% of Extremadura patients, compared to 4% of the national average.The insulin pump is a small device the size of a mobile phone that manages insulin continuously.

The College of Physicians of Cáceres hosts until Saturday the "insulin bombs" day.The objective is to "improve students' skills in the management of ISCI therapy, stimulate the change in the users of ISCIS, of passive attitudes against active attitudes. It also promotes knowledge and management of individual psychological processes and"Incorporate the dialogue so that the promotion of self -care translates into healthy behaviors. "

With this type of treatment it is sought to imitate the functioning of the pancreas of a person without diabetes by continuously infusing insulin in the body, as does the pancreas.The amount of insulin that is infused with the pump is previously scheduled by the diabetological equipment, the patient and/or his family based on the glycemia controls performed.

This form of insulin administration, regarding multiple injections therapy, allows greater freedom of schedules, both for meals and for physical exercise.

In a flexibility that entails an improvement in the quality of life of the diabetic patient, while significantly reducing the risk of serious hypoglycemia.

According to the Federation of Spanish Diabetics (FEDE), Extremaduras have four reference centers for the implementation of insulin bombs both in adults and in pediatrics, specifically the Infanta Cristina de Badajoz hospital, that of Mérida, the hospital complexde Cáceres and the Virgen Hospital of the Port of Plasencia (Cáceres).

fer's profile photo
fer
03/07/2016 10:47 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Fer I think that all of us who have bomb, since July of last year as you know, it has cost us a lot to decide to put it.
It is also true that doctors do not get much wet in explaining and training about them.
We all have the same fears.
Then as a consequence of the problem with the manufacturing material of some bombs people get tired and despair but continue to fight to avoid the blocked bubbles and the elbows of the catheter.
But I believe that those who carry it gives us a very good quality of life.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/08/2016 6:25 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Hello
I would like someone to tell me what price and a device that is used, sensors etc ......
I am without information and I am scared because I don't know what will cost me.If you know any link and also where you buy all that I am retired and you can imagine please ask you.You clarify something to be able to think about it, although I imagine that the doctor will apologize for the parrafada thanks.

Moracho11's profile photo
Moracho11
03/10/2016 3:19 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.