Insulin absorption?

Ruthbia's profile photo   03/31/2016 9:56 a.m.

Hello everyone,

I have doubts about the absorption of insulin because sometimes I have very high values ​​despite eating the same rations and using the same doses.I have noticed that sometimes the area where I wear it is bulky and red for many hours, as if it will not go to the blood flow (in the past I had the same experience with the heparin that took time to reabsorb) Is it possible?It happens to me with the slow and the fast, but before debuting in diabetes I had circulatory problems that are aggravating me.

And another question: when I put in the pen 1 you come out 2 droplets and point but I take it with 2 a good stream comes out.In addition, when you take the needle, it always drip a little because of the difference in pressures even if it keeps it the famous 6 seconds by pressing, so that I have the doubt that monodosis are effective that it has high values ​​when it should not.If I go up to 2, I enter Hic in the hour.I have tried to change pen but I don't notice differences.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/31/2016 9:56 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

There may be absorption problems and more in lipodystrophic areas, and it is true that a feather unit is less accurate than with syringe ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/31/2016 1:12 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks @regina.I imagined it for previous experiences with heparin, I also have the circulation badly;I am filling with red dots that the dermatologist tells me are capillary break that does not reabsorb.Has it happened to some@?

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/31/2016 4:44 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

What happened to me is that I was injected alone in a stomach and you have to rotate legs and arms ...

CJDA's profile photo
CJDA
04/01/2016 6:42 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I broken between legs and arms for slow and abdomen the rapids.
This morning in a contortionist plan to get to the buttock and I have not fought from the blood thread ... I already have a beautiful bruise!Why go to me?
Anyway, according to my educator (I had an appointment today) I have little fat, only in the tripita that's why it hurts and I have so many absorption problems.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/01/2016 5:52 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I totally agree with this drawing.But not everyone is the same.
Eye as long as you put the insulin of eating before, the type of food you are going to take and glycemic level you have, this is very important, you know that our heads are continuous calculators 24 hours a day a lot of encouragement.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/01/2016 9:12 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

The ass is even slower than the legs, in my experience.It is a good place to put the slow.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
04/03/2016 4:38 a.m.

I put the basal on legs and ass and by my experience I would say that in the ass the effect of insulin is total (to call it in some way) and in the leg units are lost along the way ....

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
04/03/2016 1:01 p.m.

It is also important to prime the needle and throw 1 or 2 units before clicking

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/03/2016 2:58 p.m.

@jconegar Thank you.The educator gave me some similar photocopies, but I indicated abdomen for fast and slow.
For the rapid there are more areas?The "piece" falls short because I don't have a fat over the navel and there does not act the fast.Today I had a huge peak after breakfast and I had quickly put myself on top and as if nothing, I had to correct me.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/04/2016 2:05 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia controls putting insulin a little before taking any food, many times this is the problem of the climbs, being very careful with the glycemic level you have and the glycemic index of what you are going to take.
I believe that the belly is the area that is going faster.The arms and back to me are the same.The legs and rear the slowest.
Now I have a bomb but before those were my zones.
I don't know what the companions think but I believe that only the rapid in the belly is a bit nonsense, to see what the companions say.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/04/2016 3:36 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Carlos71 said:
It is also important to primar the needle and throw 1 or 2 units before clicking

Interesting ... I will prove the needle, especially when you correct peaks ...

nuria_NBA's profile photo
nuria_NBA
04/04/2016 3:40 p.m.

I had 180 hour and a half after the meal and I have put 1ud fast for 3 rations 15 min before eating.I fear that it was a fat -free area and they explained to me on Friday that insulin is absorbed in the areas of the body with fat.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/04/2016 5:13 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.