Little sensitivity to rapid insulin

jmvallejo's profile photo   02/02/2017 2:01 a.m.

Hello everyone!
First of all I want to thank you for giving me the opportunity to participate in this forum!
My name is Juan, I am 40 years old and in May last year I was diagnosed with "Type 1 Diabetes".
Luckily I could accept the disease well and start treatment according to the count of hydrates.
I began to deal with slow insulin (Lantus) with 30 units in the morning and then with rapid insulin corrections (novorapid) depending on the value I had before eating and the hydrates he was going to ingest (breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner).
Thank God I never had an important hypoglycemia and the values ​​always within normal parameters.
After 7 months glycosylated hemoglobin gave me 5.8 (better than when I was healthy).
In my case I always happened to me that during the night I was going to sleep with 100, I ended up dawn with 140.
I have come to inject 1u quickly with 100 before sleeping and returning to dawn with 130.
At some point I tried to make some adjustments to try to get dawn with values ​​closer to 100, but it was impossible for me.I tried to give myself to the night, I tried to give me part of slow morning and another part in the afternoon, but I never succeeded.
A few weeks ago I began to notice changes and the values ​​to which I was accustomed no longer gave me the same.
I could not get my values ​​below 165 at any time of the day.
I began to be more aggressive with rapid insulin corrections and there was no case.
I raised the slow one in 10 units and everything remains the same.
Physically I felt good, without feeling that I had some virus or infection to think that this was the reason.
The other night I could have 145 before bed and I injected quickly.At 3hs I measured again and gave me 140. I inject another more fast unit and controlled at 3HS and again 140.
The truth is that the subject has me baffled!
At times I feel that the more one thinks and becomes obsessed to lower the values, it ends up playing against.
I know that stress or emotional part is an important variable that influences our values, but I wanted to consult whether it is possible that with so many fast insulin applications I cannot lower them.
I tried to change the insulins in case they were defeated but I'm still the same.
Any comments or experience that they want to share myself will be very grateful.
Greetings
JM

jmvallejo's profile photo
jmvallejo
02/02/2017 2:01 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The values ​​you have now are very good for a type1, stress and lack of control puts you 200 or 300 not to 140. So don't worry about that.

Those values ​​so perfect that you had at the beginning I think it would be because your pancreas still worked a little and that helped you.It is what is called "honeymoon" and that usually happens at the beginning.

A guy1 not even with a bomb, CGM and much control can get them.At least not for long.

Normal, when pancreas stops working at all, glycemia varies much more, both with specific and inevitable increases to 200 and 300 and with declines to 45.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
02/02/2017 3:17 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

jmvallejo said:
hello everyone!
First of all I want to thank you for giving me the opportunity to participate in this forum!
My name is Juan, I am 40 years old and in May last year I was diagnosed with "Type 1 Diabetes".
Luckily I could accept the disease well and start treatment according to the count of hydrates.
I began to deal with slow insulin (Lantus) with 30 units in the morning and then with rapid insulin corrections (novorapid) depending on the value I had before eating and the hydrates he was going to ingest (breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner).
Thank God I never had an important hypoglycemia and the values ​​always within normal parameters.
After 7 months glycosylated hemoglobin gave me 5.8 (better than when I was healthy).
In my case I always happened to me that during the night I was going to sleep with 100, I ended up dawn with 140.
I have come to inject 1u quickly with 100 before sleeping and returning to dawn with 130.
At some point I tried to make some adjustments to try to get dawn with values ​​closer to 100, but it was impossible for me.I tried to give myself to the night, I tried to give me part of slow morning and another part in the afternoon, but I never succeeded.
A few weeks ago I began to notice changes and the values ​​to which I was accustomed no longer gave me the same.
I could not get my values ​​below 165 at any time of the day.
I began to be more aggressive with rapid insulin corrections and there was no case.
I raised the slow one in 10 units and everything remains the same.
Physically I felt good, without feeling that I had some virus or infection to think that this was the reason.
The other night I could have 145 before bed and I injected quickly.At 3hs I measured again and gave me 140. I inject another more fast unit and controlled at 3HS and again 140.
The truth is that the subject has me baffled!
At times I feel that the more one thinks and becomes obsessed to lower the values, it ends up playing against.
I know that stress or emotional part is an important variable that influences our values, but I wanted to consult whether it is possible that with so many fast insulin applications I cannot lower them.
I tried to change the insulins in case they were defeated but I'm still the same.
Any comments or experience that they want to share myself will be very grateful.
Greetings
JM

Do not worry so much that when you try less it turns out.
It happens to me very often as I have learned not to give it so much importance and it really turns, I have sometimes had to inject up to 3 times more to have the values ​​below 180 and almost without trying a bite.

I have a lot of insulin resistance and normally the rapid takes 1 hour and 10 MINS to take effect even though the manufacturer would be 15 MINS, you see that this does not have this either.

I have tried how you inject the 34 units Lantus is my dose twice a day, I have changed to Toujeo and nothing has turned out I have returned to 1 doses at night 20 hours and it goes better like this.

Normally what glycemia uploads are the HC good to me even salads upload me, everything rises my blood glucose.

It is extremely difficult to find the correct balance with this fucking disease and psychologically wears you the more you try to find an explanation.

We have nothing left but to do our best and take care of and accept the many of the advice of the forum and others not so much, you see that we are not all the same and what results from one to others at all.
Try to eat healthy sports and little by little glycocity hemoglobinimproving without forgetting that we are not machines and sometimes it will go well and sometimes not so much.

Greetings and good luck.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/02/2017 3:44 p.m.

I am now spending a bad time. They operated in June a finger in claw, bunions and pains in metatarsals.After six months fighting security, because they did not do their job well and thanks to the mutual work I managed to see the "light at the end of the tunnel".The company. When I lacked ten days to start working I fractured my ankle and fibula.Now I am at an absolute rest, I am active and I do sports. In summary: I have to put a fast motion and yet I can not be controlled, doing an atodical tests hours, the more tests I do and the more insula I put on I am always uncontrolledI know if it will be good to prick so much, it gives me the impression that I am playing background. Before spending all this I was quite good controlled, now I have all my body pierced and as I said before, I don't know to what extent it is good to wear so much insulin,Since I am always correcting me without getting results, can you advise me??Thank you

rafaelcaballero's profile photo
rafaelcaballero
02/02/2017 7:41 p.m.

And if you upload the slow?
Rest and recovery can raise insulin needs.
Another option is the pump.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/02/2017 9:11 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thank you very much @sherpa41 @Afterego for your comments!
His words of encouragement help me and comfort me.
They make me realize that we are not alone with this disease.
In my case I do not have many references to who to consult and in general the manual responses of the doctors do not serve much in a disease whose control is subject to so many non -controllable variables.
I will keep them aware of how I evolve and share my experiences whenever you can serve others.
I send you a hug.

jmvallejo's profile photo
jmvallejo
02/03/2017 3:57 a.m.

For that we are, but you really never put yourself at 200 or 300 or do you have down to 50?

If your values ​​after so many months being diabetic are always so good, they also diagnosed you badly and you have type2, lada or something else.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
02/03/2017 4:59 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Each body is a world.ME FAST INSULIN MAKES ME FAIR EFFECT ON TWO HOURS OF HAVE POSITIONED FOR BREAKFAST.It doesn't matter what to eat or do, I see the date of decline just at 120min, not at 15min as the prospect says.Of course, it goes down quickly, in 20min I enter thresholds, so they say what professionals say, for me the medicine stays in stand-bee without doing anything those 120 min.
In meals and dinners it takes about 60 min.
I can prick an hour before eating or dinner, but I get up at 5 for breakfast at 7 in the morning.

I have values ​​very similar to yours @jmvallejo;If you take care of yourself, you are still on honeymoon for the values ​​you quote, like me.The endocrine told me that when the honeymoon ends, I would see that I could not control the values ​​as easily and as others say, we will see wonderful 300 and two hundred long.

I go to bed with 100-110 and at about 2:00 it starts up to 200 and then at 6 to go down.So at 7 when I get up I am between 110-130.It doesn't matter if I get more less than night, my body has behaved for 4 months.I no longer look for an explanation as before, I simply assure myself that the rest of the day I am fine, so I have the glyc of 5.8 or 6.1 that is very good.

@rafaelcaballero As @regina says, have you tried to climb the slow one?If when you have passed the effect of the rapid you are still high, it must be due to lack of slow;The rapid only "consumes" the glucose of the intake for 3 hours or so, the rest have to be with the slow.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/03/2017 9:35 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.